My Journey to Jesus

Discussion in 'Personal Testimonies' started by Craig Simons, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Craig Simons

Craig Simons New Member

My name is Craig and I have been a believer in Jesus Christ since late 1993. I was raised in an agnostic home but with a basic theistic belief that there was some kind of “God” somewhere…out there. I was at college at the University of North Texas and I hung out with a guy named Kevin, who was a self proclaimed warlock. We were talking about his “craft” one night and I asked him if he was able to get women to have sex with him using his spells, to which he said yes. I responded that I really wanted to learn how to do that. Kevin paused and told me that I didn’t. I told him that I really wanted to. He then told me he shouldn’t even be doing it because he was raised in the church. Growing up in an agnostic home, I responded, “….and???” He then went on to tell me that he grew up believing Jesus was God in the flesh, lived the perfect life, died for our sins, rose from the dead and by believing in Him that he had eternal life. I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck in my soul! He shared the gospel with me and I don’t even think he even realized he did. I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior on November 19, 1993.

I then prayed that God would introduce me to my wife shortly after because of John 14:13. I was tired of trying to figure out what woman would be the best for me, so I figured God would know who I should be with best. I met her on March 1994 and started dating her on April 24th. We did go through our valleys for sure but we married on March 2002. While we don’t have any kids yet, we’ve been doing pretty good so far.

Heart2Soul, Andy C, maryrae and 7 others like this.
  2. Sowen

Sowen Well-Known Member

Praise God!

3. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

That is an amazing story. Just shows the power of the Gospel, no matter how it is passed on.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Lynn, Andy C, Walter Kerr and 2 others like this.
  4. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for sharing, Craig. May God continue to be glorified in your life.

5. Walter Kerr

Walter Kerr Well-Known Member

To quote an old hymn, "There is power, power, wonder working power in the Blood" of Christ and in the Word of God. Thanks for telling us your real life story Craig. It was a blessing to me.

6. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your personal road to our Lord and Savior.

7. Rose E.

Rose E. Member

God does work in mysterious ways:angel

Walter Kerr and Everlasting Life like this.