My Hair Is Falling Out..

katt

And so is my sister's since we had covid, she has heard that this is happening to many covid survivors, but I see nothing in the news or on line about it..
Has anyone else heard of this happening or experienced it?
Any answered questions would be appreciated, such as:

1. Will it stop? If so..when? Before or after I go bald..

2. Will it grow back?

Anyhow, it even looks like I've lost length, I haven't had a haircut in over a year and I swear it looks like my hair is shorter now than it was three months ago..I know about keeping the dead ends clipped off, which I do, but with covid I wasn't able to keep it up, my last haircut was a good one, took four inches off, and then Covid hit..hair was quite healthy til after I recovered from the virus..now..not so much, you can almost see through it...
Any information you guys have heard would go a long way in helping me make sense of this..thank you..

Wings Like Eagles

And so is my sister's since we had covid, she has heard that this is happening to many covid survivors, but I see nothing in the news or on line about it..
Has anyone else heard of this happening or experienced it?
Any answered questions would be appreciated, such as:

1. Will it stop? If so..when? Before or after I go bald..

2. Will it grow back?

Anyhow, it even looks like I've lost length, I haven't had a haircut in over a year and I swear it looks like my hair is shorter now than it was three months ago..I know about keeping the dead ends clipped off, which I do, but with covid I wasn't able to keep it up, my last haircut was a good one, took four inches off, and then Covid hit..hair was quite healthy til after I recovered from the virus..now..not so much, you can almost see through it...
Any information you guys have heard would go a long way in helping me make sense of this..thank you..
Some immunologists have speculated that it could be an auto-immune reaction. I have heard that some victims have had auto-immune problems triggered by both the disease itself as well as mRNA. There is a lot of information on the web about using diet and herbs to combat auto-immune disorders.

Leigh

Some immunologists have speculated that it could be an auto-immune reaction. I have heard that some victims have had auto-immune problems triggered by both the disease itself as well as mRNA. There is a lot of information on the web about using diet and herbs to combat auto-immune disorders.
Very interesting.

I had forgotten about it, but now that Kathy mentioned it I believe my mother told me awhile back that her good friend, who was hospitalized briefly with Covid, has been having problems with hair loss ever since. And if I remember correctly, the friend has RA also. I'll try and remember to ask my mother for an update when I call her tonight.

Oh, and I haven't noticed any hair loss personally since having Covid a few months ago.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus

Wings Like Eagles

Leigh

I talked to my mom a few minutes ago and she confirmed that her friend has indeed experienced great hair loss since Covid, and that she does have RA. When asked what the friend is doing about it, Mother said, "She got a wig." Hopefully it will begin growing back soon.

Kerbluey

My aunt, my mom, my hubby, and myself all experienced this from having covid in December 2020. It’s stopped falling out this summer, and our hair is regrowing. Mine was coming out in hunks. It was pretty alarming.

I read it’s your natural shedding process sped up due to covid. Edited to say my hairdresser said she saw it with a lot of her clients as did the other stylists in the salon.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
My aunt, my mom, my hubby, and myself all experienced this from having covid in December 2020. It’s stopped falling out this summer, and our hair is regrowing. Mine was coming out in hunks. It was pretty alarming.

I read it’s your natural shedding process sped up due to covid. Edited to say my hairdresser said she saw it with a lot of her clients as did the other stylists in the salon.
Dang, there's just no end to the damage Covid does.