"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
If I were to give a Sermon from the preachers pulpit, it would have to include 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.". Why you may ask? There is a lot of weakness being manifested in the church today from everything that is going on around them...and I don't blame them...well maybe just a little. Depression is at an all time high, and even I can feel it, and I am not a depressed person. But when we forget that God has allowed this last year to happen to everyone, then we must also realize that it is part of His plan. When I focus on the many problems that this last year has brought, I want to give up the fight, throw in the towel and say "Take me away Lord I had enough". If even the mighty prophet of God, Elijah, felt this way when he fled from the political powers of his day, then it should not surprise us that it will happen to Gods' people who are still part of this world. But remember that Elijah had two Jesus encounters on the mountain, once when he was still living on earth, the other during the transfiguration. That tells me we need to come to Jesus in our weaknesses and draw strength for the day. Below are several different versions of the same verse that has the same word "sufficient". When we come to Him in our weaknesses, we realize that He is truly all we need.
I hope this helps
God bless the RF and God bless the US
Albert

New International Version
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

English Standard Version
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Berean Study Bible
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

Berean Literal Bible
And He said to me, "My grace suffices you, for the power is perfected in weakness." Therefore will I boast rather most gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

New American Standard Bible
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

New King James Version
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Great post Brother Albert R. !!! :thumbup
I would like to add some further encouragement to those like me who a suffering in some way. God wants what is best for us in eternity and will always focus on that, even if it makes this life harder. He wants to give us eternal rewards, not so much rewards in this life that are only temporal.

Here are two scripture references that speak to God's plan for us and what he might use to accomplish it.

God says he will always provide what is good for us in the end, even if it does not seem that way to us who do not know the future.
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

God makes the point that you must do what is hard or uncomfortable sometimes in order to gain rewards in eternity.
Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

God bless!!! :hug

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I cant believe that I never commented on this thread. I loved it from the moment that I read it.

We use to sing an hymn....something like this...

*Well His Grace is sufficient for me
And His love is abundant and it's free
Oh what joy fills my soul, just to know,
Just to know
That His Grace is sufficient for me.*

Back to me talking now.
His sufficient Grace has sustained me through many dark valleys and also through physical pain.