My God is great.

Amity

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Addanielle, blessings to you. What a hard and difficult time you experienced, with a father who divorced, then the rebellion, and the Lord bringing you to His throne of grace. Psalm 139 reminds us that God is ever aware of all of our circumstances. There is nothing hid from His sight. He knew you from the moment you were conceived. That first time you said His name He heard you and has His eye on you ever since. But one of the greatest things about the Lord, is He knows what a sincere heart is. Yours is a perfect case in point. In Psalm 18:19, David speaks of the wide place that the Lord brought him into. This space is that are in which the Lord deals with us. It is wide because He will allow us plenty of room to make mistakes, learn from them, and grow to trust him. It is here in this space we meet with the Lord. It is there you also met Him. May God's blessing continue to rain down upon you ever inducing you to grow closer to Him every day. Thanks for sharing and welcome to RF.

ItIsFinished!

Addanielle, blessings to you. What a hard and difficult time you experienced, with a father who divorced, then the rebellion, and the Lord bringing you to His throne of grace. Psalm 139 reminds us that God is ever aware of all of our circumstances. There is nothing hid from His sight. He knew you from the moment you were conceived. That first time you said His name He heard you and has His eye on you ever since. But one of the greatest things about the Lord, is He knows what a sincere heart is. Yours is a perfect case in point. In Psalm 18:19, David speaks of the wide place that the Lord brought him into. This space is that are in which the Lord deals with us. It is wide because He will allow us plenty of room to make mistakes, learn from them, and grow to trust him. It is here in this space we meet with the Lord. It is there you also met Him. May God's blessing continue to rain down upon you ever inducing you to grow closer to Him every day. Thanks for sharing and welcome to RF.
Amen!

aldanielle

This was so beautifully written. I am so in love with Psalms and I cannot wait to read the ones you have listed. I have a couple that I read nightly before bed. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me. He is an amazing God. “Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus.” I am so blessed that He sent His son for me. I stand in awe of Him every single day. Shalom to you!

Spartan Sprinter 1

I am a new member and I was encouraged to share my testimony with you all. I want to say hello first and foremost and thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community!

I grew up in a southern Baptist household. My grandfather and uncle were both pastors. My mom and dad got divorced when I was coming into middle school due to my dad leaving to be with another woman. Growing up without a good father role model, puts a strain on a relationship with Christ, or it did for me. I didn’t trust God. I didn’t want a Father. I can only see this, at the age of 27, as the reason why I rebelled. I turned to drugs and drinking at 18. I was a mess for years. I found a good church at 19 and stayed there faithfully on Sundays, even at my worst of times. When I was 22 I got arrested 3 times. My last stay in jail was the longest, 4 days. I went down in my hour out and went to grab a book and the only book was called How to Pray. I read it over and over. I felt God hold my hand when I asked Him to. I asked Him to come into my heart. I asked Him not to get me sober, but to help me not enjoy the drugs and alcohol. I didn’t need strength, I needed the enjoyment gone. I was taken to court the fourth morning. I told God when I prayed I wouldn’t ask for a sign for Him to show me He was with me, but I would for the fist time, trust Him. When I got in the car, the officer turned it on and Christian music played. I wept. My attorney I had fired showed up, by God’s Grace only. I was set free. I came home and threw away all drugs and paraphernalia. A couple of times in the following two years, I went back but I always came out of it. Now, it has been almost 3 years of sobriety. God saved me in that jail. He changed my heart. My pastor moved back to California after preaching for 7 years. I still keep in contact with him. I haven’t found a new church home, but I bounce around and I study my Bible at home. Life is hard and while I am in a hard season now with some debilitating anxiety issues, I turn to God. I turn to my family. Prayers saved me, mine and theirs. I know that they will save me this time too. I will keep my eyes on my rescuer! He has blessed me so. I have started tithing in the last month and have experienced some major mental spiritual warfare for that. I keep growing in my faith and I know yet another season of deliverance is coming. I love every single one of you on this forum. I’m praying daily for the Rapture of the Church! I can’t wait for the day we all go home.
Amen and welcome to the forum, the thread title pretty much grabbed my attention as soon as I logged in this morning , may God keep you strong during your Christian walk