My God is great.

Accepted

I am a new member and I was encouraged to share my testimony with you all. I want to say hello first and foremost and thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community!

I grew up in a southern Baptist household. My grandfather and uncle were both pastors. My mom and dad got divorced when I was coming into middle school due to my dad leaving to be with another woman. Growing up without a good father role model, puts a strain on a relationship with Christ, or it did for me. I didn’t trust God. I didn’t want a Father. I can only see this, at the age of 27, as the reason why I rebelled. I turned to drugs and drinking at 18. I was a mess for years. I found a good church at 19 and stayed there faithfully on Sundays, even at my worst of times. When I was 22 I got arrested 3 times. My last stay in jail was the longest, 4 days. I went down in my hour out and went to grab a book and the only book was called How to Pray. I read it over and over. I felt God hold my hand when I asked Him to. I asked Him to come into my heart. I asked Him not to get me sober, but to help me not enjoy the drugs and alcohol. I didn’t need strength, I needed the enjoyment gone. I was taken to court the fourth morning. I told God when I prayed I wouldn’t ask for a sign for Him to show me He was with me, but I would for the fist time, trust Him. When I got in the car, the officer turned it on and Christian music played. I wept. My attorney I had fired showed up, by God’s Grace only. I was set free. I came home and threw away all drugs and paraphernalia. A couple of times in the following two years, I went back but I always came out of it. Now, it has been almost 3 years of sobriety. God saved me in that jail. He changed my heart. My pastor moved back to California after preaching for 7 years. I still keep in contact with him. I haven’t found a new church home, but I bounce around and I study my Bible at home. Life is hard and while I am in a hard season now with some debilitating anxiety issues, I turn to God. I turn to my family. Prayers saved me, mine and theirs. I know that they will save me this time too. I will keep my eyes on my rescuer! He has blessed me so. I have started tithing in the last month and have experienced some major mental spiritual warfare for that. I keep growing in my faith and I know yet another season of deliverance is coming. I love every single one of you on this forum. I’m praying daily for the Rapture of the Church! I can’t wait for the day we all go home.
I am so touched by your testimony! It’s good that you’ve come here to fellowship with other believers - you’ll be loved and prayed for. In fact, I’ll pray for you right now! Welcome!!

ItIsFinished!

He is absolutely awesome! I am in awe of God daily. He has been more faithful to me than I can fathom. I am so glad to dedicate my life to him! Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I will absolutely get with you if I encounter anything. Thank you for your work on this site. Shalom to you, brother!
Amen!
Let us sing I know whom I have believed in...
Praise The Lamb of God that was slain before the foundation of the world!

Lynn

Aldanielle, it is wonderful to have you here!
:welcome2 You, aldanielle, are already a part of the family of God, and now we gladly welcome you to our Rapture Forums family. Your testimony is very God-honoring, and your love for Him seems so evident. We can't wait to get to know you better. Please remember that we are a group of people who truly care for one another and we pray regularly for the needs of each other. God bless you, dear aldanielle. :hug

aldanielle

:welcome2 You, aldanielle, are already a part of the family of God, and now we gladly welcome you to our Rapture Forums family. Your testimony is very God-honoring, and your love for Him seems so evident. We can't wait to get to know you better. Please remember that we are a group of people who truly care for one another and we pray regularly for the needs of each other. God bless you, dear aldanielle. :hug

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will care for you all and pray for you all regularly as well. I am glad you reached out to me. I can’t wait to get to know you all and to get to know you better in Glory one day!

ItIsFinished!

Amen brother.

ItIsFinished!

Scottie, you regularly include 'Let us sing' in many of your posts. Are you, or have you been a worship leader in a church? Most of us on here have posted our love for singing to the Lord or post a link to a favorite praise song. Just wondering if perhaps you're filling a role such as this somewhere.
I use to lead choir at one time.
I still do at times.

Amity

Thank you very much for sharing. I am sorry for what you went through but, I am so glad that it brought you to Jesus! Glad to have you with us at RF! It's my home away from home. :)

2nd Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

aldanielle

Thank you very much for sharing. I am sorry for what you went through but, I am so glad that it brought you to Jesus! Glad to have you with us at RF! It's my home away from home. :)

2nd Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
Everything I went through was necessary. It all led me to Christ and I wouldn’t change a single thing. It showed me that I needed God. I’m glad to have this new home away from home! Thank you for welcoming me! I’m glad to meet you, sister!