My Dog Died

Channah

My boy Lui died on Wednesday. He was attacked by another dog on Tuesday morning. We took him to the ER and we were told he would be fine but he passed away on Wednesday. My heart is breaking and I can't stop crying. I miss my Lui so much it hurts.

I am feeling guilty I didn't protect him and he died alone. Why didn't I take off work to be with him? Why didn't I protect him?

The night we brought him from the ER, he was smiling at me (despite his bandages and the drain through his neck) and was just so loving. My husband was home with him on Wednesday (the next day) and said he went under my side of the bed when I left for work. He then put him in the crate to go buy him a water bottle but came home to find Lui unresponsive. I was screaming at my husband from work to take him to the ER and I rushed to the ER thinking maybe they could give him CPR but they did for 15 minutes and no heartbeat. Reality check.

Having a difficult time coping, breaking down all the time. Sleeping with his picture. Oh Lord,why is the pain so bad? Please bring my loving Lui back to me. I have been leaving super early for work and don't want to come home cause I miss his pitter patter foot sounds and him waiting for me. He was only 6 years old.

RIP to my boy Lui. You did not deserve what happened to you. No dog in the world can ever take your place. I love you so much it hurts.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I lost my cuddle kitty who was like my little baby over a year ago. Over time the pain becomes bitter-sweet as the raw, horrible memory of her death is replaced with memories of her life. I still have moments where I miss her and I will cry. I would say the pain is much more manageable. Please know that Our Lord understands and feels every pain in your heart. He is right there, ready to comfort you. :hug I am so, so sorry.

Channah

I lost my cuddle kitty who was like my little baby over a year ago. Over time the pain becomes bitter-sweet as the raw, horrible memory of her death is replaced with memories of her life. I still have moments where I miss her and I will cry. I would say the pain is much more manageable. Please know that Our Lord understands and feels every pain in your heart. He is right there, ready to comfort you. :hug I am so, so sorry.
Thank you. I appreciate your answering.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Have lost many dogs, some young ,some were elderly, it's always hard to lose one. I have not had a canine companion in a long time, some day maybe. Last year on 6/10 our sweet kitty Cleo passed away, she was 20 , a birthday present to my wife, she never had a pet ever and wife took it very hard when she passed, me too, she passed right in front of me and I'll never forget how sweet she was to me right before that moment, I think I miss that cat as much or more than of my dogs. So sorry for your loss, it takes time for us to mend , the Lord will comfort you as Andi said, it helps to talk with him he hears, and feels, and most of all he cares and heels our wounds. :hug

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I'm sorry for your loss, Channah :pray Dogs are a girls' best friend.

One of the first creations I look forward to seeing in heaven is my sweet pup, Katie. She died at age 11 in 2005. I cried for about 3 months over her, and was in mourning for another couple. But I got used to the new normal, and as someone up thread said, the gladness of at least knowing her as long as I did became enough to treasure. It has been 15+ years now and I still remember the date we put her to sleep.

Channah

Thank you all for sharing and caring. I'm so thankful God gave us one more night with Lui. I think my husband thinks I'm losing it because the day after he died, I called the Vet office to see if I could see him again. They said he was picked up already for the crematorium. This weekend is incredibly hard.
That's Lui in my profile the day he was released from the ER Tuesday night.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Thank you all for sharing and caring. I'm so thankful God gave us one more night with Lui. I think my husband thinks I'm losing it because the day after he died, I called the Vet office to see if I could see him again. They said he was picked up already for the crematorium. This weekend is incredibly hard.
That's Lui in my profile the day he was released from the ER Tuesday night.
Lui is so cute, and looks like such a sweetie :hug
Your loss was sudden, which adds shock to your grief. It will take some time, and you will find the pain less intense.
Just grieve any way you need to. Don't worry about it seeming crazy. I actually held something else and pretended it was my cat. I also smelled her cat toys, and the towel she laid (and even dribbled pee) on.
This world is so painful. Our Lord Jesus knew it would be. :hug

Channah

Lui is so cute, and looks like such a sweetie :hug
Your loss was sudden, which adds shock to your grief. It will take some time, and you will find the pain less intense.
Just grieve any way you need to. Don't worry about it seeming crazy. I actually held something else and pretended it was my cat. I also smelled her cat toys, and the towel she laid (and even dribbled pee) on.
This world is so painful. Our Lord Jesus knew it would be. :hug
Thank you for your encouragement. I’m sorry for your loss too. Just like Down’s Syndrome children who have the most beautiful spirit, God certainly gives us our house pets to love us unconditionally.

The pain I still as raw as ever, All the prayers here remind me I’m not alone.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
.....All the prayers here remind me I’m not alone.

The Lord is also with you, not only in our comfort but also in His compassionate understanding of your pain. For the Lord cares for animals too:

Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter
in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 36:5-7

May you find shelter in the Lord's comfort and increasingly know His peace in this difficult time. :pray

:hug

SarahRose

It’s really hard to lose our dogs. I’m sorry it was so sudden.

It sounds like your sweet Lui had an amazing life with you. Many dogs never have that kind of love.

Praying for you as you grieve.

Channah

The Lord is also with you, not only in our comfort but also in His compassionate understanding of your pain. For the Lord cares for animals too:

Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter
in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 36:5-7

May you find shelter in the Lord's comfort and increasingly know His peace in this difficult time. :pray

:hug
These passages bring comfort that one day I'll see Lui boy again. Today was hard. Very hard. At church today the Pastor said something that I had been thinking (I can't remember it now) as I'm in a fog.