My daughter went to church!

madcat

This is awesome news about your daughter. It must be so confusing for her as she has to wonder why God would take her best friend away from her, and not heal your cancer. It’s hard enough for those of us who know Him and STILL have those feelings.
I pray she will see your courage and wonder “how can dad do this?” You have given her the foundation of the truth and we trust that GOD will work in her life and send others she will listen to and respect.
I pray you will be able to hear her say she has accepted Jesus as Savior.

:pray :pray :hug :pray

We are not just your friends, but your REAL brothers and sisters, and that’s a FOREVER promise !!!!

ItIsFinished!

This is awesome news about your daughter. It must be so confusing for her as she has to wonder why God would take her best friend away from her, and not heal your cancer. It’s hard enough for those of us who know Him and STILL have those feelings.
I pray she will see your courage and wonder “how can dad do this?” You have given her the foundation of the truth and we trust that GOD will work in her life and send others she will listen to and respect.
I pray you will be able to hear her say she has accepted Jesus as Savior.

:pray :pray :hug :pray

We are not just your friends, but your REAL brothers and sisters, and that’s a FOREVER promise !!!!
AMEN!!!
:hug

RestInHim

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

The good mentioned in this verse is primarily the eternal good.
Amen. And, it is His purpose, not ours. Our lives are not our own, we belong to Him and it is not about us and all the good pleasures this life has to offer. But, the eternal good for all.

God want's to work out His salvation in all of His children and sometimes it involves suffering and sometimes he uses the death of someone to shake the lives of others. I think of the Apostle Peter when Jesus told him that he was going to go where he didn't want to go one day. (Jn. 21: 18)
And, many many years ago I had a family member who lost his wife and they had several young children at the time. They all came to faith in the Lord!

To the world it doesn't seem right to suffer, but, to those who follow Christ, we know that it can lead us to greater faith and it can lead others to Christ!

(2 Cor. 4: 7-18)
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So then death is working in us, but life in you.
And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak, knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Emmajw

I really have no words to tell you what your posts mean to me. It just touches me deep in my soul. Whenever you start a thread, I always read it because you have gained such wisdom & just the way you are so honest & real. I have some struggles in my life, not like yours, but often times I feel as if I am in the middle of the ocean, all alone, & I wonder if God sees me & if anything will ever change. Thank you for sharing your thoughts & even your struggles. You are truly making a difference to us all.

RestInHim

This is such great news Dan, praising Jesus:fish I was just saying upthread how He uses suffering and death sometimes to grow our faith and to bring others to faith. Whatever He does bring into our lives we can trust Him, trust Him that it is for our good and His glory.

He is the Potter we are the clay, we are being refined as gold, tested through fire. He can be trusted and when we do we receive such incredible blessings in Him, we will be filled with such peace and joy that will flow through us and into the lives of those around us. This life is such a short time on earth and nothing will compare to an eternity with Him. Soon, very soon we will all see Him face to face, what a day that will be.:yeah

Stay strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

I will be keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.:pray:hug

ItIsFinished!

This is such great news Dan, praising Jesus:fish I was just saying upthread how He uses suffering and death sometimes to grow our faith and to bring others to faith. Whatever He does bring into our lives we can trust Him, trust Him that it is for our good and His glory.

He is the Potter we are the clay, we are being refined as gold, tested through fire. He can be trusted and when we do we receive such incredible blessings in Him, we will be filled with such peace and joy that will flow through us and into the lives of those around us. This life is such a short time on earth and nothing will compare to an eternity with Him. Soon, very soon we will all see Him face to face, what a day that will be.:yeah

Amen!!!
That will preach friend.

Lynn

Amen!!!
That will preach friend.
Indeed, it will! Love your post RestinHim! It is a beautiful reply to Dan's OP. Your words are an encouragement to all of us. :hug