My customer’s doctrine

MichelleinFl

I’m a mail carrier and have been on the same route for a couple years, so customers have opened up to me and we’ll talk about our faith and Jesus without worry in my part of I crossed the work-religion talk line.

One customer would talk about being Christian, but she had attended weekly Bible studies with Jehovah Witnesses, when she handed me the watchtower to read I politely declined, and she ignored me for 2 weeks lol. But she came to and said she realized their doctrine isn’t correct.

fast forward to now, this customer has told me she hopes she’s left behind as a Tribulation saint to help others get to know Jesus after Rapture, because God is going to need help with those people.

She’s told me Sodom and Gomorrah weren’t the only 2 cities involved in that story with Lot, that God destroyed the 4 or 5 cities that were associated with Sodom and Gomorrah too.

Angels are the first transgendered creations, that they accept the idea gender role you allow or give permission for them to have before they help you (she followed with the “Supernatural” show got some things right!)

there are many other tidbits she throws out there that are so foreign to me, thankfully I’m rooted in Jesus and the Bible, but are these beliefs a certain religion she’s dabbling into? Maybe the lost stories of the Bible? I have no idea! I know she listens to certain teachers online but I think she “researches” a lot on her own.

I do ask that you pray for her, Diane, that she can have her eyes and heart open for sound revelation and discernment- she is a tough cookie that doesn’t take any correction from me on mail things, and gets defensive if I correct or question her on her biblical tidbits. Thankfully she has already accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

Thank you!

Hiftobaf

She’s told me Sodom and Gomorrah weren’t the only 2 cities involved in that story with Lot, that God destroyed the 4 or 5 cities that were associated with Sodom and Gomorrah too.

I just re-read the Genesis account. Genesis 19:25 is indirectly stating the above.

"And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground."

By "the plain" it means the plain of Jordan, where there were also the cities of Admah and Zeboim. If God destroyed "all of the plain" it would include those cities.

Here is some more commentary:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Admah-and-Zeboiim.html

Batfan7

I knew someone like this. She had all sorts of wacky ideas. Like that John the Baptist was still alive. That there needed to be a single day of no wars anywhere in Earth before Jesus return. That ghosts were around. And more. Sadly, while she said she was a Christian, I'm not so sure I believe it (doesn't believe Jesus is God, didn't consider herself a sinner, loved to hold and discuss years-old grudges...).

You could, with enthusiasm, perhaps bring up things you've learned that are "interesting enough" to spark this person's interest. Like, how Joseph (old Testament) had so much in common with Jesus (he's a foreshadow). Or about symbolism of the Jewish feasts. Or whatever. These kinds of things may not trigger a defensive reaction as they aren't corrective, but rather educational trivia, but may get this woman researching in a more productive direction.

alisani

I’m a mail carrier and have been on the same route for a couple years, so customers have opened up to me and we’ll talk about our faith and Jesus without worry in my part of I crossed the work-religion talk line.

One customer would talk about being Christian, but she had attended weekly Bible studies with Jehovah Witnesses, when she handed me the watchtower to read I politely declined, and she ignored me for 2 weeks lol. But she came to and said she realized their doctrine isn’t correct.

fast forward to now, this customer has told me she hopes she’s left behind as a Tribulation saint to help others get to know Jesus after Rapture, because God is going to need help with those people.

Angels are the first transgendered creations, that they accept the idea gender role you allow or give permission for them to have before they help you (she followed with the “Supernatural” show got some things right!)

there are many other tidbits she throws out there that are so foreign to me, thankfully I’m rooted in Jesus and the Bible, but are these beliefs a certain religion she’s dabbling into? Maybe the lost stories of the Bible? I have no idea! I know she listens to certain teachers online but I think she “researches” a lot on her own.

I do ask that you pray for her, Diane, that she can have her eyes and heart open for sound revelation and discernment- she is a tough cookie that doesn’t take any correction from me on mail things, and gets defensive if I correct or question her on her biblical tidbits. Thankfully she has already accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

Thank you!
We live in a world which is in active rebellion against God. People want to rationalize their sin, so they muddy the waters and pick and choose their spiritual ideology the way others shop for groceries. Bottom line, people don't want to have to face the truth that there are moral absolutes. And satan has created a buffet from them to feast on. All you can do is what you're already doing, bringing it back to Jesus again and again and being vigilant in prayer.

Footsteps

Hand her an unstamped sealed envelope with a Left Behind letter in it. Write on envelope: "Open in the event I disappear."