My Children are lost!

BUTTERFLY

Recently my step daughter tried to commit suicide. I don't believe she wanted to really kill herself, she is 31 years old and has been doing nothing towards her future and has been working a part time job in which her pride has gotten in the way to even ask for a ride to go to work so she just stopped going.

After my husband wanted a divorce she was very involved in that and wanted her dad to herself. Every time she drinks and acts stupidly she blames her father for her life.
After the divorce all the kids went down hill. I was the one who kept them growing and he let them go.
Now that its so out of control never do they pay for anything or try to strive to be on thierr own. As well as the step daughter being gay and leaving the faith, now all has left the faith but one daughter.
My one daughter and myself have desperately tried to witness and with this new episode of my step daughter I was compelled to do so.

Before this episode she was confronted by her father in the first place to pay rent or move out. Instead she stopped going to work and claimed her "to depressed to do this life". Well possibly part is true, without God I would be depressed.

Anyhow we have this multi texting we started me and all my kids and so Amber was out of the hospital and we meaning my daughter and myself texted some scripture to her.

this is what I received back- "God is a general term religions use to define a creative force in the universe. The spiritual force of unity and love, connection harmoney etc. There is an undeniable force that is conscious and creative .
The bible gives a personality to this force. Which is strangely human in behavior. That relationship in general makes me feel that the bible makes this magical creative forcetoo small. So in searching for meaning to it all I found a broad connection between religions and other pholosophy. Things like the golden rule that penetrate our culture through all differences and eras rig truth for me . Such simply beautifultruths do unto others as you would have done unto yourself. But knowing that the bible speaks on this truth and others I can't say that I dont believe in God or the bible . But I love making God so much bigger that other religions do. Even science proves this existance in some unexpected ways . And all this fills me up. And I have purpose and connection to all there is more than before."

I had no answer just prayers, I can't believe what I am dealing with, there are 3 daughters and one son that talk like this. I can't get a word in and they just smile and roll their eyes like as if I am so dumb and will never get":ohno

This is the hardening its so sad, these kids grew up knowing the truth and were very much believers at one time.
I am so sad and my heart breaks for my children may end up in Hell!!:crying

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Don't you dare let despair and unbelief depress you, sis! God is God and He is very much alive and able to keep that committed unto Him. Continue to pray for your children in faith ... not in fear or frustration. Trust God to do what He desires to do. He loved your children long before you even knew them. He loved them from the foundations of the earth. So trust Him with them. Just continue to pray for them and live your life in demonstration of your faith-- with love and faith and goodness and gentleness, all of which the Holy Spirit will produce in you as you maintain your faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary.

ALL of God's promises are yea and amen-- that is, yes and amen. Yes means yes ... not maybe or yes now but no later. And amen means so be it, let it be done. In fact, the promises of God are more than mere promises-- they are statements of fact as though the act were already completed ... for He who knows the end from the beginning sees what is not as though it is. All we need to do is maintain our faith in God and what He has provided for us through Jesus... believing God to be just who He says He is and willing and entirely able to do exactly what He says He does and that when Jesus said it is finished, IT IS FINISHED!

Stand on THAT, sis. Get your eyes off the mountains and on to the finished work of Christ on the Cross. By the sovereign will of the Father, Jesus is the source of all we need; the Cross is the means by which it is provided to us; the Holy Spirit is the one that works it out in us; and our faith is the key that unlocks the entire mechanism provided by God, permitting the Holy Spirit to apply and complete God's perfect will in our lives. We can trust in that.

Even --especially-- for our loved ones.

$teve

Just a short note of encouragement, I am aware of a number of kids who have grown up in Christian homes who take a turn away from the faith and yet return to the Lord a little later in life. I think it is quite common.

livin_in_the_Son

Don't you dare let despair and unbelief depress you, sis! God is God and He is very much alive and able to keep that committed unto Him. Continue to pray for your children in faith ... not in fear or frustration. Trust God to do what He desires to do. He loved your children long before you even knew them. He loved them from the foundations of the earth. So trust Him with them. Just continue to pray for them and live your life in demonstration of your faith-- with love and faith and goodness and gentleness, all of which the Holy Spirit will produce in you as you maintain your faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary.

ALL of God's promises are yea and amen-- that is, yes and amen. Yes means yes ... not maybe or yes now but no later. And amen means so be it, let it be done. In fact, the promises of God are more than mere promises-- they are statements of fact as though the act were already completed ... for He who knows the end from the beginning sees what is not as though it is. All we need to do is maintain our faith in God and what He has provided for us through Jesus... believing God to be just who He says He is and willing and entirely able to do exactly what He says He does and that when Jesus said it is finished, IT IS FINISHED!

Stand on THAT, sis. Get your eyes off the mountains and on to the finished work of Christ on the Cross. By the sovereign will of the Father, Jesus is the source of all we need; the Cross is the means by which it is provided to us; the Holy Spirit is the one that works it out in us; and our faith is the key that unlocks the entire mechanism provided by God, permitting the Holy Spirit to apply and complete God's perfect will in our lives. We can trust in that.

Woo hoo!! Amen!!

God is good, merciful, loving, and just. He's got this. I'm praying for you sis. :pray: :hug

moosejive

Amen and Amen!!!. Keep your eyes on the promises God has given and pray dear sister. Praying in agreement and know that God answers prayer...:pray:

annieG

This is the hardening its so sad, these kids grew up knowing the truth and were very much believers at one time.
I am so sad and my heart breaks for my children may end up in Hell!!:crying
All I could think of while reading this was the parable of the prodigal son.
Sis, its ok! God's got it!
May our Father give you the stregth you need for this battle and the peace of mind to know that He hears our prayers all the time, in Jesus' name, amen.
He will not leave us nor forsake us!

twit

PSALM 46.

To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. 4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. 5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. 6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. 7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. 8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. 9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Heistheway

Usually, but not always, the most rebellious are those who know the Truth, but most vehemently reject anything that interferes with their desires. IF THEY KNOW THE TRUTH, HOW MUCH DOES IT TAKE TO REJECT THE LIE?

This is why your fervent prayer, to God Almighty, to reach them before it's too late, is so critical. I too will ask Him to reach your loved ones, because it is our love for others, that moves God to pity us, even to intervention on our behalf. The choice will still be your families, but God can be most persuasive. Praise God Almighty, for His love for us, and His promise of salvation.

Walter Kerr

PSALM 46.

To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. 4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. 5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. 6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. 7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. 8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. 9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
This wonderful Psalm has been set to music. The attached link is the only link that I could find. It is not a wonderful rendition, but it does accurately provide the words and the tune. Sometimes knowing a hymn like this is very helpful when fears, doubts and worries threaten us.

https://www.***********/watch?v=SW5yAqxF810

Hol

Worships Him
Praying in agreement with you all! My heart is on track with you butterfly, for my lost son. Everyone's encouragement reminds me just how loving, forgiving & powerful our Savior is! Prayers especially that you and your believing daughter stay strong in faith!