musicians talk about instruments music and playing for christ

TheRedeemed

Thanks for the awesome advice. Bow may I ask how do I practice with fellow musicians without feeling embarrassed when either hitting a wrong note on the guitar or lord forbid my voice cracking:eek::lol
Well as you know I never make mistakes whilst playing :chatter so I may not be the best person to advise :p

Best thing to do is to play/sing on, or call a halt and suggest you run thru again.

Worth to note, you won't be the only one who does this or makes a request to 'start again' it's the purpose of the rehearsal/practise sessions so don't worry yourself about it all.

Then just blame everyone else for the stoppages afterwards :D

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Well as you know I never make mistakes whilst playing :chatter so I may not be the best person to advise :p

Best thing to do is to play/sing on, or call a halt and suggest you run thru again.

Worth to note, you won't be the only one who does this or makes a request to 'start again' it's the purpose of the rehearsal/practise sessions so don't worry yourself about it all.

Then just blame everyone else for the stoppages afterwards :D

Why did I know you were going to say that ya never miss a note :lol
Haha or I can blame the bassist that's always works right??:whistling2

Lol well that gives me peace of mind! Or if I mess.up I can always say....huh that was interesting.lol So if I mess up should I call a halt or just say the heck with it and keep going cuz you don't really have that option when live.

One quote from my one of my favorite guitarist is. I taught myself how to play the guitar so I basically learn from a system of making mistakes.

Musician 4 Jesus

Hi M4J - Thanks for asking. Due to some health issues, I've been more than usually occupied, hope to be back up to full speed before too long. FWIW, at least one good friend suggests that I need to be engaged in more "therapeutic music therapy", LOL Hope you are well.
Your welcome! Oh boy I hope things get better for you soon! I've been trying to practice as much as I can for a show in a few weeks!

Musician 4 Jesus

You have decided to be perfect in the band like me and everyone else is to blame for the bum notes and mishandling of the equipment? :D :p
Haha the guitarist is never perfect that's what makes up perfect! And the wrong note sometimes sounds better then the original:cool: haha and nooooo I got asked to sing the national anthem for the 13 fallen U.S service members. And it's for the opening of the car show

TheRedeemed

Haha the guitarist is never perfect that's what makes up perfect! And the wrong note sometimes sounds better then the original:cool: haha and nooooo I got asked to sing the national anthem for the 13 fallen U.S service members. And it's for the opening of the car show

That's fantastic, I know it's a big thing over there in US to get that honour. Congratulations to you, break a leg as they say.

I may record 'Flower of Scotland' for my channel too, that's our national anthem in Scotland. We actually have two, one for Scotland and 'God save the queen' for the UK one. I'm sure everyone will be happy that I am not singing either of them though :p

TheRedeemed

And the wrong note sometimes sounds better then the original

That's correct, I keep pointing that out too, when someone alleges I played a duffer, I tell them it's artistic licence and it made the ending sound much better to play an Em instead of a Bb.

I played all the correct notes I tell them but not necessarily in the correct order :p

Musician 4 Jesus

That's correct, I keep pointing that out too, when someone alleges I played a duffer, I tell them it's artistic licence and it made the ending sound much better to play an Em instead of a Bb.

I played all the correct notes I tell them but not necessarily in the correct order :p
I never hit wrong notes ..... I find new ways to play something.

Musician 4 Jesus

That's fantastic, I know it's a big thing over there in US to get that honour. Congratulations to you, break a leg as they say.

I may record 'Flower of Scotland' for my channel too, that's our national anthem in Scotland. We actually have two, one for Scotland and 'God save the queen' for the UK one. I'm sure everyone will be happy that I am not singing either of them though :p
I'm very honored to sing it as it's for our fallen troops we lost this past week. Definitely not an easy song so sing so lord help me!
Haha I don't think I've ever heard any of them two songs before well maybe God save the queen since it's a huge meme here in the US :lol I'm super excited to do it! I'll be doing Carrie underwoods version.

TheRedeemed

Anyone else practicing for a gig this week?

Not for a gig, but I do have some tunes to get done for my channel over the next few weeks so I have been digging out the sheet music and such like these past few weeks.

Also, I am going to see my neighbour later in the week as the little gig deal we signed before the Chinese flu arrived may be back on again at the local social club.

Got to make my Christmas videos this month too, hopefully a good few hymns for everyone to enjoy as well as the usual secular ones. I have the place done up like it was Christmas next week. I hope I don't get too many visitors in October, they'll all think I'm mad. 'Know' I'm mad my brother said to me yesterday :mad:

Anyway, I hope everything's going well for you too and you're getting ready to do your live performances. :)