Multiple Fatalities in Shooting in Plymouth, Devon

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.

Plymouth shooting: Multiple fatalities in Keyham​

Police in Plymouth have confirmed a "number of fatalities" in a "serious firearms incident".

Devon and Cornwall Police were called to Biddick Drive in the Keyham area at about 18:10 BST on Thursday.

The force said: "There have been a number of fatalities at the scene and several other casualties are receiving treatment."

Plymouth Moor View MP Johnny Mercer tweeted it was "not terror-related" and the suspect was not on the run.

Police declared a critical incident but said they believed it had now been contained.

Scenes of crime officers in white suits could be seen using cameras in the street and members of the public who lived locally were not allowed into their homes, the Press Association reported.

Officers appealed to the public not to speculate or share pictures of the scene on social media or anywhere else.

Home secretary Priti Patel tweeted: "The incident in Plymouth is shocking and my thoughts are with those affected.

"I have spoken to the Chief Constable and offered my full support.

"I urge everyone to remain calm, follow police advice and allow our emergency services to get on with their jobs."

'Randomly started shooting'​

Eyewitness Sharron, who lives near Biddick Drive and did not want to give her full name, said what happened was "horrendous and so sad".

"Firstly, there was shouting, followed by gunshots - three possibly four to begin with," she said.

"This was when the shooter kicked in the door of a house and randomly started shooting ... He ran from the house shooting as he ran and proceeded to shoot at a few people in the linear park up from the drive."

She said the "shooter proceeded along Royal Navy Avenue still shooting".

Another witness, Robert Pinkerton, said he "walked around the corner" and "bumped into a bloke with a shotgun". He said the man was dressed all in black.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...D0-FBAC-11EB-8A22-1B443A982C1E&at_campaign=64

Please pray for my city. This was a couple of miles from me. I'm shocked and saddened that this has happened here. I still can't quite believe it's real.

depserv

Many of these incidents have been stopped by a good guy with a gun, but somehow that isn't newsworthy (can't imagine why). If more people were bearing arms this could be more the rule than the exception.

I don't know about this one, but most mass murders take place in areas that have been sanitized for the protection of the killer by our big brother in government, by way of the gun free zone policy (which Biden brags about being a champion of). This makes our caring big brother an important accessory to these crimes.

The liberal cult will use this as an excuse for further disarming the American people. They would like us to forget that the biggest mass murders have all been committed with things other than guns. And the really big ones have all been committed by governments, against an unarmed population.

It is for these reasons that I say that the hands of anti-gun bigots are filthy with blood.

These things are a reminder that it is a good thing for good people to bear arms. Remember that our savior told His disciples to carry a sword. A sword then was what a handgun is today. Clearly He wants us to have the means to defend ourselves and our loved ones from criminal aggression. And if you do carry, spend enough time and money at the range to develop skill with your weapon.