Movies you won't watch because...

Jonathan

You noticed that eh? lol

I will go with Zoolander. Just because my daughter thinks it was funny.
Maybe it is because it was the first movie I saw after 9/11, but I actually have a special place in my heart for Zoolander. It is almost inexhaustibly quotable.

Mama Bug

Steel Magnolias

I've watched it many, many times, but haven't watched it since I was pregnant with my daughter. I watched during that time and kept crying during every father and daughter scene. I especially cried when Shelby got pregnant. They got moments I didn't get to have with my dad. My dad died five years before my daughter was born and that movie just brought out that hurt. Now I have no desire to watch it. I used to like it, even though the cemetery scene always made me cry. I miss my dad.

Jonathan

Steel Magnolias

I've watched it many, many times, but haven't watched it since I was pregnant with my daughter. I watched during that time and kept crying during every father and daughter scene. I especially cried when Shelby got pregnant. They got moments I didn't get to have with my dad. My dad died five years before my daughter was born and that movie just brought out that hurt. Now I have no desire to watch it. I used to like it, even though the cemetery scene always made me cry. I miss my dad.
GREAT CHOICE! I watched it with my mom as a teenager and the only conclusion I could come to was that the entire movie was designed from it's very inception to be a movie who's only evil point was to make you cry as hard as possible at the end. In fact, it was even more insidious.... it was completely boring which means, that, theoretically, I shouldn't have cared last about the woman who died. This movie was clearly of the fruits of the devil.

At least with Gladiator, I was highly entertained before the end came, and even then, while teary eyed, they were MANLY tears. I stand by that.

Jonathan

Steel Magnolias

By the way, sorry for writing the above post first. I just saw the name of the movie and was triggered to respond before really reading your post. I am deeply sorry for the sorrow you've had in your past. I'm not a stranger to sorrow, but everyone's sorrow is different and I wish you well and will pray for you. I miss my dad also.

God bless.

:pray

my2babysmama

The Green Mile - Shawshank Redemption - These are two movies that I watched once and will never watch again.
Where the Red Fern Grows - one of my absolutely favorite books when I was a kid, so the movie fits. To me the story is completely romantic, but I think that always believe that somehow by the time I get to the end it will change.

Mama Bug

By the way, sorry for writing the above post first. I just saw the name of the movie and was triggered to respond before really reading your post. I am deeply sorry for the sorrow you've had in your past. I'm not a stranger to sorrow, but everyone's sorrow is different and I wish you well and will pray for you. I miss my dad also.

God bless.

:pray
It's ok. You didn't offend me at all. I'm sorry about your dad too.

Jonathan

The Green Mile - Shawshank Redemption - These are two movies that I watched once and will never watch again.
Where the Red Fern Grows - one of my absolutely favorite books when I was a kid, so the movie fits. To me the story is completely romantic, but I think that always believe that somehow by the time I get to the end it will change.
I can understand the Green Mile (which was a great movie but one I don't want to see again) but if I remember correctly, didn't the Shawshank Redemption have a more or less happy ending?

On a side note, I never ever read a Stephen King novel that I enjoyed. And it has nothing to do with the genre. Quite frankly, I have no idea how has been able to sell so many books. With that said, some of the MOVIES adapted from his writings are truly great Others.... not so much. And again, it has nothing to do with genre or content. I just don't think he is a good writer/story teller.

To each his own, I guess.

Finally, I didn't even know they made Where the Red Fern Grows into a movie. AIN'T GUNNA SEE IT. Not being satisfied by making you cry over one dog, the author chose the have the dog's sister die a few hours later due to a broken heart. Not Cool!

Footsteps

Stephen King's first successful novel was Carrie. He had thrown it in the trash but his wife pulled it out and sent it to a publisher. Like all his stories, it translated well to film what with all the blood and guts flying around.

Footsteps

Steel Magnolias - just a note. They had to throw in a Christian character who was obnoxious and dumb (Daryl Hannah, the mermaid in Splash).

Footsteps

I can understand the Green Mile (which was a great movie but one I don't want to see again) but if I remember correctly, didn't the Shawshank Redemption have a more or less happy ending?

On a side note, I never ever read a Stephen King novel that I enjoyed. And it has nothing to do with the genre. Quite frankly, I have no idea how has been able to sell so many books. With that said, some of the MOVIES adapted from his writings are truly great Others.... not so much. And again, it has nothing to do with genre or content. I just don't think he is a good writer/story teller.

To each his own, I guess.

Finally, I didn't even know they made Where the Red Fern Grows into a movie. AIN'T GUNNA SEE IT. Not being satisfied by making you cry over one dog, the author chose the have the dog's sister die a few hours later due to a broken heart. Not Cool!
Shawshank Redemption was based on Hope Springs Eternal, one of a set of four short Stephen King novels first published in one book. The horror feature was not shown in Shawshank - it was the living hell of the escapee digging and crawling and squeezing out through a narrow sewerage pipe filled with rats and other creeping things. This part could be redone today as a docudrama called Escape from the Biden Administration.

JSTyler

Folks, there's a web site that goes by "Does The dog Die". It has other categories, not all of them friendly to our tribe, but I highly recommend using that if you're a doggy lover, as many have expresses and as I am.
A former friend recommended Napoleon Dynamite. Two hours of my life I'll never get back. And note he is a 'former' friend. True friends don't recommend such idiocy. But I've forgiven him.

Agree! Only worse one was Ishtar.
WUT! WUT? Maybe, just maybe we can still be friends. At the risk of lowering (if possible) anyone's opinion of me, Napoleon Dynamite is a top ten desert island movie for me and my wifey.

Also, you must know that y'alls just asked for a lifetime membership in the "JST quotes NP and friends in every reply to you" club.

VOTE PEDRO! He'll make your wildest dreams come true.

Dave

The fact that the Titanic sank wasn't the true tragedy. The true tragedy is that stupid broad had plenty of room left on that plank of wood she was floating on for her boyfriend and we all know it. :p

Its been a long while since I seen it but I thought he tried to get on there with her and it could not hold them both and he had to hold it in that one spot so she would not flip off herself. Like I said its been awhile.

Dave

Stephen King's first successful novel was Carrie. He had thrown it in the trash but his wife pulled it out and sent it to a publisher. Like all his stories, it translated well to film what with all the blood and guts flying around.

Wow, did not know that!