Mother Earth day

antitox

Wow, their statement sounds totally new-age: "to promote harmony with nature and the Earth." I think we can take care of things without the climate control freaks passing everything off to the "collective." C02 is not bad. The plants need it.

fl2007rn

Yup it fits right in with Romans 1, worship of the creation rather than the Creator. Am about to homeschool my dd and am purposefully removing all references in the uk national curriculum which promotes this stuff ...I aint teaching her that!!!
That is awesome you are home schooling your daughter. It is appalling the things they are taught and learn in school these days! She will probably be ahead of her peers academically. :reading

Footsteps

You're right. God is not a woman. I asked her.
No wait that was my first wife,
who is somewhere dancing around a chicken head - Mother Earth told me.
Sorry. It's been a long day of hearing The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere and listening to the Pledge of Allegiance. I guess those were the two Articles of Impeachment.

JSTyler

I wonder if the "mother earth" adherents will mind if their lust for the slaughter of the unborn as a solution is actually somehow obliged by their "mother", only upon their own heads? Volcanoes, fires, floods, famines, plagues, motherquakes, disease, insect infestations? They should welcome the annihilation of the human burden they are. They won't. They'll concoct more theories about anthropomorphic climate change.

And yet we know the GOD of all creation and how the mighty works of His hands will judge all of the earth.

Lord God, help me to preach Jesus Christ, HIs love and repentance to someone at work today, please use your Word and Spirit within me to reach someone that's lost and leaning on their own understanding of the created rather than the Creator.

Lynn

I absolutely cringe everytime someone mentions mother nature in relation to the weather.
Oh, yes! So do I! And before I was saved, I enjoyed the TV commercial about a brand of margarine that supposedly tasted a lot like butter.
I would even occasionally quote the lady in the commercial, "It's not nice to fool mother nature." Then, I'd think that I had been cute/funny and smile. Boy, would I 'not' do that now! So sorry about having done this.

UmbrellaGirl

Oh, yes! So do I! And before I was saved, I enjoyed the TV commercial about a brand of margarine that supposedly tasted a lot like butter.
I would even occasionally quote the lady in the commercial, "It's not nice to fool mother nature." Then, I'd think that I had been cute/funny and smile. Boy, would I 'not' do that now! So sorry about having done this.
I remember that commercial from when I was a kid, and I thought it was really cute, too. But that entire “Mother Nature” thing is really a slap in the face of God...