morning blessings

Discussion in 'Christian Chat' started by Betty, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 2, 2018

Holiness

What is Holiness? Can we be Holy? Was Holiness only for days of the Bible?

Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Holiness

Holiness [N] [T]

in the highest sense belongs to God ( Isaiah 6:3 ; Revelation 15:4 ), and to Christians as consecrated to God's service, and in so far as they are conformed in all things to the will of God ( Romans 6:19 Romans 6:22 ; Ephesians 1:4 ; Titus 1:8 ; 1 Peter 1:15 ). Personal holiness is a work of gradual development. It is carried on under many hindrances, hence the frequent admonitions to watchfulness, prayer, and perseverance ( 1 Corinthians 1:30 ; 2 co 7:1 ; Ephesians 4:23 Ephesians 4:24 ). (See SANCTIFICATION .)

Today a special speaker, at Church, put Holiness in terms I could understand. The way to be Holy is to love God more then sin. When Satan wraps up sin in pretty paper with a bow, we remind ourselves that we love God more then what Satan is offering. Every time we reject sin, our lives become more Holy. When we sin, we seek forgiveness and turn from our sin. It is not enough to recognize sin in our lives, but we must turn away from sin.

Yes, it is hard to turn our back on sin, but when we seek help from God, He will help us. There may be times we have to change who we hang out with. When we hang out on a regular bases with sinners, we may find ourselves justifying our sins. Remember that sin is evil. It was because of sin that mankind was separated from God. It took the sacrifice of Jesus to make away for sin forgiveness. Let us not be guilty of cheapening or trampling on the blood of Christ by us entertaining sin in our lives.

Ever day pray for forgiveness of sin. Every day ask God to help you live that day avoiding sin. Determine in our hearts that we will live each day for Jesus. When we do sin, seek forgiveness and make a u-turn and turn away from sin.

Of course no person is perfect, but this does not give us a license to sin.

Betty

Acts 3:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

ShilohRose, athenasius and Bron like this.
  2. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 3, 2018

Happy Monday and Good Morning,

Made By Loving Hands

Genesis 1:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God in His perfect love formed Adam and Eve and breathed life into them. Before God made Adam, He knew that Adam would sin against Him. God loved mankind so much, He chose to make human beings knowing that human beings would be stubborn and rebellious. Think about it like this: when we have a child, we visualize a little me. We don’t know before hand our little princess may grow up to dislike things that are important to us. Our our little junior may grow through a rough patch where they do not respect us.

God knew all the trouble mankind would cause and yet He still loved mankind. He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins. Not just to die but to be beaten and to be spit on. There is so much evil in the world today. People who not only break the laws of God, but do so publicly and with no shame. Yet God loved even these, before they took their first breath. Time after time God calls sinners home to saved them and to reconcile them to Himself. It is only when they harden their hearts and close their ears to the truth, when God gives them over to a reprobate mind.

God made us in His love. When we choose to love back and to obey His laws, the reconciliation with God is sowed. God is so patient with us. Just like a toddler learning to walk and discovering new things, so does our spiritual lives began. We mess up and we sin, and God calls back unto Himself and forgives us, mends our wounds, and shows us compassion. If we thank God for anything, let us thank Him for His perfect love for us. God knows us more then even our mates. He knows the real us, yet His love for us is a love of perfection. Let us love Him with all of our heart. Let us be willing to obey Him and seek Him with all our hearts.

Psalm 139:14 Modern English Version (MEV)

I will praise you, for You made me with fear and wonder;

marvelous are Your works,

and You know me completely.

Betty

3. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 4, 2018

Good Evening and Happy Tuesday,

Sitting here watching the lights on my tree change colors, I am reminded Christmas past. When in elementary we had a Christmas pageant in our class and we did the play about the birth of Jesus. No parent complained. These were back in the days when we recited the pledge of Allegiance to the Flag and said the Lord’s prayer together. Those days were much simpler. Teaching God and loyalty to our Country was the normal.

Now teaching kids to be loyal to God and Country are considered bad decisions. There were no drive by shootings. Talking about Jesus was acceptable. There were still crime, but youngins were protected from the news. We lived without fear.

Today loyalty is thrown out. Magazines encourage more then one sexual partner and homosexuality has gone from the back rooms to parades in the street. Austin, Texas is promoting an ordnance that would force Churches to hire homosexuals and transgender. The government choosing who is Pastor of a Church is something you would expect in China or Russia.

Anyone who does not see we are living in the end times, has their head in the sand. Christians, we must stayed prayed up. To be loyal to the Word of God will cause you difficulty. People will see you as prejudiced. God does not play around when it comes to sin. What He said was a sin 4,000 years ago, is still sin. God, Himself said sexual sins are worse because you take the sin right into your body.

“ Sexual sin defiles more than just our physical bodies (1 Corinthians 6:18). It has spiritual significance. Almost every book of the Bible renounces sexual immorality, indicating that God considers it a grave sin. Committing sexual sin is directly opposed to God’s will to sanctify us (1 Thessalonians 4:3).”

I am not going to stand on the street corner with a sign that says:”God hates gays”. God does not hate gay people. He hates the sin of homosexuality. Let us never lie about God’s Word. Speak the truth. If asked if homosexuality is a sin, say Yes. Then remind people that God wants to save lost souls. Living in sin and not repenting and turning away from sin, will send you to hell. Sadly, it is that simple. God in His Holiness cannot allow sin in to Heaven. It is that simple.

Unfortunately, there is Coming a day when we be forced to revival our beliefs. If we deny God’s truth on earth, He will deny us entrance into Heaven. Pray for courage to speak the truth of God. Pray for the soon return of Jesus.

Betty

Matthew 10:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

https://www.gotquestions.org/sexual-sin.html

4. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 5, 2018

Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

Be Not Evenness Of Another

This morning as I was getting dressed I was listening to a Christian station. They talked about how the Post Office is closed and the Stock market is closed, for the funeral for President Bush. A thought ran through my head: “that must be nice!” I was immediately corrected by God. Why should I envy the accolades of mankind? Should I not be more concerned about what God thinks of me?

The joy we will feel when enter the gates of Heaven, out weighs any joy that we can receive on earth. Remember often when someone dies, the praises people pour over their body are often said by people who cursed them when they were alive.

The relationship we have with our Lord Jesus outshines any friendship of mankind, even Kings and men and women who have high positions. The rewards from mankind or fleeting. People can be hailed in high esteem today and trashed tomorrow. People are fickle and they can change on a dime. God’s love for us is eternal.

It is so much better to live in a way that pleases the Lord. God never changes. What is important with Him today, will be important a thousand years from now.

As believers of Christ, we have an eternity of joy and peace. Let us not envy those who seem to have it all. We have the most important gift of all. A God that walks with us daily and will welcome us into Heaven. Let us rejoice in our relationship with God, and pray that are relationship grows every day.

Betty

I had about twenty five birds at my window today. Thank you, Jesus.

5. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 6, 2018

Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Only God Knows

Twitter is ablaze today, because President Trump and his wife did not read from paper booklet, nor did they sing. The media is falling all over themselves with ideas about why not. This accusation about someone is thinking is even in sports. Where the sports casters argue over what the player was thinking when he made a certain play.

I used to be bad about this. Judging people’s thoughts. The Holy Spirit admonished me for this. Only the person and God knows a person’s thoughts.

Yes, we are told we can judge someone by their fruits. We are not to imagine what someone is thinking and then judge them on our thoughts. We need to shut down the devil, when he leads us on that path.

The devil would love to cause disharmony among the brethren. We see this every day on the Internet. Somethings are not worth fighting about. Speak the truth, when it comes to the Scriptures, but do not nit and pick about little things. Pray for one another and lift each other up in these evil days.

Betty

ShilohRose, Bron, anath and 1 other person like this.
  6. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 7, 2018

Happy Friday and Good Afternoon,

Prickly As A Cactus

We have all awaken at times and are irritable, for no reason that we can pinpoint. A saying on Facebook says:”I am so irritable that I am not even speaking to myself. Many things can cause us to be irritable: an argument with someone, not enough sleep, or chronic pain. What do we do when we feel like this? We talk to God. We pray for a change in attitude. We pray for peace of mind and heart. We love others even when we do not feel lovingly.

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The Lord God wants to give us peace. No matter how out of sorts we feel, talking to God will help us. We can tell God anything. He knows our hearts. There are things we suffer through, that we discuss with no one, to protect the guilty. We can take those situations to God. We can pour out our hearts. He will pour His Holy Spirit over our wounds and take away the pain.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God wants us to come to Him with faith and no doubts. Surely we have know God long enough to know we come to Him, knowing that He loves us, and that we can trust in Him. We will have days of distress. We all have days of emotional or physical pain. Remember God never changes. The same God that sent His Holy Spirit to convict us of our sins and bring us into His saving Grace will help us through our dark days.

Betty

Bron, ShilohRose, athenasius and 2 others like this.
  7. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 8, 2018

Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

There are days that are painful. Whether it is your mate or your boss, nothing you do pleases them. They are having a miserable day and they pass the misery on to you. Their pain becomes our pain. If you have a chronic disease their behavior will make you have a flair. It is easy to curl up in a ball and cry. Jesus calls us to come to Him. Take our pain, both physical and emotional and give it to Him. Jesus will bring comfort to those who suffer.

We know things don’t stay the same. Thing will get better, but through the storms of life, rest in the love of Jesus. We cannot change others, but we can lean on Lord and Savior. Pray for those that hurt us. Praise the Lord in the midst of our storm. Give Him the glory even when have to pray through our tears. The devil is fighting against Christians. It may look like He is winning, but soon Jesus will come for us.

Psalm 28:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Have a blessed day. Seek the face of God. Whatever our circumstances, rejoice in the goodness of God.

Betty

Bron, ShilohRose, athenasius and 2 others like this.
  8. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 9, 2018

Blessed Sunday and Good evening,

Cold here in the Houston area. A nice day to drink hot coffee, eat chocolates, and enjoy my Christmas tree. My tree reminds me of the days when I played an Angel with a hanger wrapped in foil in the Church Christmas pageants. Those days were much simpler then. We knew our parents loved us and protected us. We were also taught to pray. We were taught to respect adults.

Now sadly too many parents are more concerned about children’s rights. Respect is no longer an honored trait to have. Fewer children are taught about God, by their parents and Teachers are no longer allowed to talk about God. Sadly, this is reflected in the behavior of children and teams who do respect authority.

It is easy just to write off this new generation, but that is not what God wants. We need to pray for them and share the love of God with them. Until the trumpet blows, let us live for God. Working for His Kingdom until, we leave this earth. Of course we wait with great anticipation for the trumpet to blow.

May God bless each of you and your family. If you are feeling low, may God lift your spirits. If you are in pain, may God ease your pain. May it not be long, before Jesus comes for His Own.

Betty

Revelation 22:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bron and athenasius like this.
  9. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 10, 2018

Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

God Never Forgets

Do you ever go in a room and forget the reason you are there? Do you ever fix yourself something in the kitchen and then leave it in the kitchen? God’s children are written on Jesus’ hands and feet. Not that He is capable of forgetting. All of eternity He will wear the scars of the cost of our salvation on His body.

We are special to God. He loved us before He spoke the universe into existences. Surely we should keep our praises to God in our hearts on our lips.

Troubles come and go, but we can always trust in the love of God. We should never take the steady love Of God has for us, for granted. We should not use His forgiving heart as an excuse to sin.

Let us live each day longing to please God with our words and our actions. Pray that God will give us a sweet and kind spirit so that others will see the love of God in us. Every night we should pray that God searches our hearts for any hidden sins. Seek forgiveness every day so that when God calls His children home, there will be no hidden sin in us.

God bless each of us and our families. May it not be long until God sends Jesus to get us.

Betty

athenasius and Bron like this.
  10. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 11, 2018

Happy Tuesday and Good Afternoon,

Why Is God Delaying the Rapture?

The simple truth is, that He is not. While many thing have pointed to a certain date, that now has passed, God did not forget us, nor has He been putting the rapture off. The different signs we have seen have been warnings for the Church to get itself ready. God is coming back for us, this is assured as life itself.

I get excited when I watch a video that points to a certain date. There is nothing wrong with being excited about the soon coming rapture. The questions are: Am I spiritually ready? Am I seeking the face of God? Do I have hidden sins in my life?

This is the time to be seeking God more. The time to be studying His Word and not quickly reading the Bible and moving on to something else. My friends, it is no longer the time to be satisfied with scanning a passage of the Bible and doing something else. We need to be studying the Word of God. We need to be eating up the Word of God, like it is a prime piece of steak.

Let us be more concerned with pleasing our Heavenly Father. Seeking His face in these evil times. Yes, we should be praying for the soon rapture to come quickly, but let us also pray for lost souls. Pray for spiritually healing and growth in ourselves and other Christians.

Betty

athenasius, Bron and chaser like this.
  11. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 12, 2018

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

This is a marvelous time of year. When Christmas decorations are out almost every where. A time that seems to bring out the best in people. Of course there are always grumpy people around, but this time of the year there seems to be less of them.

There is even a song that ask, why can every day be like Christmas. Truth every day can be like Christmas, for Christians. We should be grateful every day for the birth, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. We should rejoice that Jesus has saved us from our sins.

Let us enjoy this time a year. Enjoy the beauty and the festive celebrations, but remember to be thankful for the greatest gift we have been given: salvation.

Pray not only for ourselves, but for our Military that are from home, Christians who are imprisoned for their faith, and lost souls.

Betty

athenasius, anath and Bron like this.
  12. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 13, 2018

Good Evening and Happy Thursday,

Where Is God Leading Me?

Our Christian journey does not come with a map. It does not come with an itinerary. Our journey is a faith journey. Getting up every day and seeking God’s will. Often we allow chances of sharing the good news of Jesus go by, because we are not aware or not listening to the whispers of the Holy Spirit. This is why we should begin the day praying for God to guide us. I wish I could say I begin every day with prayer. I have days that it is rush-rush-rush. To my own harm, I forget to take the few minutes to pray. When I do so, God calms me down and I start the day in a better mood.

In this season of hope, we are often seem to be low on time. Let us seek the face of God everyday so that we can be aware of the opportunities, that God beings our way. Even a simple simple can change the day for someone else.

Betty

Still enjoying the birds.

athenasius, anath and Bron like this.
  13. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 14, 2018

Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Looking For Our Diamonds of Joy

Listening to the chatter of the birds at the feeders makes me glad. My little diamonds of joy, a gift from God to me. There is enough bad going on the world today, to make us mourn. We must take an effort to look for our tiny diamonds of joy that God sends our way. When we do, we will be refreshed.

Throughout the day there are many gifts that God gives us, that we don’t see.

When we are listening to the voice of God we will be aware of how great God is to us. We will have a thankful heart and we will rejoice in His great love for us. Remember the old song that says:”This is the day, that the lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”?

Let us be grateful children of God. Rejoice in the days we have. Pray for lost souls. Seeking each day to find a way to serve the Kingdom of God. Yes, my friends there is so much bad in the world that our hearts weep for the innocent victims of the hatred of mankind. We should mourn for those killed for their faith in God. Mourn only a little and then rejoice knowing that are in Heaven, where God, Himself is comforting them and healing their wounds. Satan can never touch them again.

May God bless you today with His love. May He fill your hearts with joy. May He allow us to have peace in our hearts and minds, knowing our time is short and Heaven is our destination.

Betty

14. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

15. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

December 16, 2018

Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Yesterday was a bad physically for me. Today is not much better. Having physical issues does not mean God loves us less. Often it is the days when we are suffering that we find ourselves talking to God, the most. Let us praise God everyday, good or bad.

I have been enjoying my Christmas tree and my Nativity Scene. I am reminding of so many memories of childhood. I was blessed to have a Christian mom, who raised us girls in Church. I learned about prayer from a praying mom.

I look back at so many things she did for us and the sacrifices she made for us girls.

As we enjoy parties and our families, let us remember that Jesus is the reason for the Season. One day we will see Jesus face to face. What a glorious day that will be. Today we rejoice in our relationship we have with Jesus and look forward to the perfect relationship we will have with Jesus in Heaven.

Betty

Bron likes this.
  16. MynameisVictory

MynameisVictory New Member

"I believe joy comes from God in the simple things that fill our hearts and minds with the peace that only comes from God."
    :beagle:esheep:thedog
    I agree with you!

Bron likes this.