Morning Blessings

Betty

June 14, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Suffering and Trials

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”
2 Corinthians 4:1

For now, we can only see our suffering and pain. God sees all things and in His wisdom, He takes us through valleys that we do not understand, but when we put complete trust in God, we can walk through dark valleys with a strong faith in God.

When we trust God with all our hearts we can sing praises amid the pain. We call lay aside our fears when we keep our eyes focused on our Heavenly Father.

Seek to serve God in all circumstances and look forward to our blessed hope-the rapture.
Betty

Betty

June 15, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Be Bold In All Seasons

2 Timothy 4
New King James Version

Preach the Word
4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

A new survey shows many Christians are being silent about their beliefs that are contrary to the world's standards. This is wrong my friends. We are not to conform to the world's standards.

Romans 12:2
New King James Version
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We are to stand for the truth of God’s Word even when it is no longer popular. We are to seek to serve and please God and not mankind. Our Christian duty is not to have many likes on social media or many friends in the real world.

Our Christian duty is to represent the truth of God’s Word, even when it is unpopular to do so. We are to walk in righteousness and Holiness. We can not do this without the help of the Holy Spirit. We cannot serve God and mankind. We have to make a choice.

1. Mark 8:38
For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

Luke 9:26
For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels.

May God help us to brave and courageous in these days of lawlessness and sin. May we stand up for the truth of God’s Holy Word. Put on the whole armor of God, so we do not fall into sin.
Betty

Betty

June 16, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Joy In All Circumstances

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4

No one likes to go through trials, and yet the Bible says to be joyful for trials produced steadfastness.

stead·fast·ness
/ˈstedˌfas(t)nəs/

noun
the quality of being resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering:
"no side wins without steadfastness in the face of adversity

Trials teach us not to waiver in our faith when walking through the fire of trials. The goal of trials is to come out on the other side stronger in our faith.

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Faith is the undercurrent of everything we do as followers of Jesus. Without faith we lose all that Christ died to give us while here on earth. It is by faith we access the peace, joy, guidance, love, and purpose that comes from restored relationship with our heavenly Father. As we seek an increase in faith in response to God’s faithfulness this week, may you experience a greater depth of intimacy with your living, Almighty, and loving heavenly Father.”

As our faith in God grows, our relationship with God grows stronger. As we grow in grace and faith, we will find our relationship with God grows more sweeter. We will become more content and satisfied with what we have. We will realize material things are temporary and what should be our number one goal is to have a better relationship with God.

Hebrews 10:35-39 says, “Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. For, ‘Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.’ But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.”

May God help us to live faithfully and endure trials with strong confidence in our Heavenly Father so that He will be pleased with us. May we be growing spiritually and learning to be steadfast in our faith for His glory.
Betty

Betty

June 17, 2022
Happy Friday,

Satan is Controlling This World

We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 
(1 John 5:19)

It seems like I am always surprised about how evil this world is getting, although I should not be. The Bible warns of the evil of the last days and yet for someone who grew up in the 50’s and 60’s, things nowadays are really shocking.

When cities do not tell people in the gay pride parade to be more modest because of Children but instead tell parents to warn their children that they will be seeing nudity and sex acts in the parade, I am reminded just how far sin has taken people.

Every week there is a new news report of someone driving down streets and shooting into random houses, this week killing a sleeping 7-year-old and last week killing a 9 year, just sitting in the car riding down the street with her family. Killing for the fun of it and no concern for innocent children.

I cannot help but cry out to God for Him to come soon. Knowing that young children will be taken in the rapture brings me comfort. When Christians are gone from this world, only God knows the lengths that evil will grow in this world. Thankfully, I will not be here.

Pray for the families that are losing loved ones to senseless murders. Pray for God to save lost souls and pray for the rapture to be soon.
Betty

Betty

June 18, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Stages of Grief

When you lose a loved one, you do not go through grief, and then it is over. You will live the rest of your life without that person. You indeed will have times when the pain has calmed down but out of the blue, the wound is opened and you bleed again.

When I went to bed last night I was overwhelmed with despair. All I could do was cry. I could not go to sleep for crying. I prayed but all I could get out was “help me, Jesus”. I woke up my husband and he comforted me and then we watched funny animal videos.

Now that I look back on last night. Jesus did help me, by using my husband. The funny videos were useful for helping see the joy in the animals and that there is still joy in life.

Being a Christian does mean we will not suffer loss and there will be times we will not be able to even express our pain in prayer, yet God meets us where we are and gives us comfort.

Please pray for Jeff’s wife-Sarah. That God will give her strength as she is raising there little girl. Please pray for my sister-in-law Debbie as she has recently lost her son. Pray for my husband, as this is the first Father’s day without our son.

We do not understand why God chooses to take our loved ones. We must walk in faith, but we are human and there are times we will grieve deeply and we will seek answers that will not come in this life. Yet the morning comes and God gives us the hope to carry on another day. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
Betty

Betty

June 19, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

Promise #170:
I will give you a garment of praise in exchange for your spirit of heaviness.

Isaiah 61:3 (WEB)
to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they may be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.

Today can bring mixed emotions. Many of us are Fathers are with God, so we miss being with them. Sadly some Fathers have children who have passed away. This brings grief on a day that used to be a day of celebration.

Yet we have our Heavenly Father who loves us and comforts us. I am blessed to know my Father is with God and my son, also, but there is a part of me that would like to see both of them today.

They are not coming back to me, but one day I will go to them. For today I can take comfort that they no longer suffer any pain and the devil cannot touch them. They are in perfect peace and knowing this gives me comfort.

Today I can celebrate the memories I had with them. I can take joy in the wonderful fun times we had and look forward with great anticipation to the days I will walk in Heaven with both of them.
Betty

Betty

June 21, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Trust to the End

Daily Prayer for June 21
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“Father! You have given them to me, and I want them to be with me where I am, so that they may see my glory, the glory you gave me; for you loved me before the world was made. John 17:24, TEV
Lord our God, we thank you that you have revealed your glory in your Son Jesus Christ. We thank you that today we can still see and feel the glorious grace which streams out from Jesus Christ in his victory over the world, the powerful help which benefits all those who find faith. Grant that a further glory may be revealed, faith dwelling in the hearts of all people, faith that can conquer all the need and suffering on earth, faith that is the power to look to you, to become inwardly quiet in you, and to hope in you at all times. Then your help will come quickly, more quickly than we can imagine. It will come on us unawares, for the Savior has said, “See, I shall come quickly.” We want to hope and believe and trust till the end. Amen”

We cannot win a race if we start and the give up in the middle. We must endear to the end. We cannot please God if we stop trusting in Him and lose heart.

Galatians 6:9
New King James Version
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

We are living in evil times and the evil we see can weaken our faith if we do not keep our eyes on Jesus. If we do not stay connected to God we can begin to believe there is no hope. Friends are hope is not in this world or in its leaders. Our hope and faith should be in our Heavenly Father.

We cannot fix this world, but we can share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Reminding ourselves some will accept the Gospel, but many will refuse it.
Our job is not to save the loss but share the truth and pray that there is fertile ground.

As much as we long for the rapture, Jesus longs for it too. He wants all of His children with Him. Yet, He knows that there's work for us to do on this earth. God help us to be cheerful and willing workers until our time on this earth is finished.
Betty

Betty

June 22, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Lord, Give Us Peace

Daily Prayer for June 22
“Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21, NIV
Lord our God, in the name of Jesus Christ, who is close at our side as the risen and living One, we lift our eyes to you in prayer. Bless us. Bless us through your Word, and let our hearts become quiet in you. Free us from all restlessness and from the turmoil of the present age, for we belong to you, not to the world. We want to find peace in you and remain in you. You will care for us as your children, whom you will never forget in all eternity. Bless us and renew the riches of your grace in us every day, for you, O Lord our God, remain our Father. “Amen

Children of God we need peace more than ever. Angry women protest in front of a Supreme Court Justice's House in a state of embarrassingly dressed for the right to kill their own baby.

Make no mistake abortion is murder. Two heartbeats enter the building but only one heartbeat comes out. The message of the Gospel is hated by many. Those of us who believe every baby has the right to be born are also hated.

The media twist the truth. The Justices are not outlawing abortion but are giving each state the legal responsibility to choose for itself. If this law is passed pro-choicers have threatened to come after Churches and Christians.

Christians we need to pray that God will help us stand up for the truth of the Bible even when it is extremely unpopular. We must not be weak Christians or hide our faith in these troubling times. To do this we will need God to fill us with His peace and give us the strength to stand firm in our convictions.
Betty

2 Timothy 4
New King James Version

Preach the Word
4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Betty

June 23, 2022
Happy Thursday,

He Was Acquainted With Grief

Isaiah 53:3
New King James Version
3 He is despised and [a]rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with [c]grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

It broke Jesus' heart that so many in His own land rejected His gift of salvation. He knew the sorrows that would come in the future for the Jewish people and it broke His heart.

Just like when He walked this earth, it must break the heart of Jesus to see so many who have embraced sin as a badge of honor. To walk the streets with t-shirts on that brag about the abortions they have had. Cities have gay pride parades that honor sin.

My friends let us speak the truth and honor God with the truth of the Gospel. Let us not be ashamed of Scripture. Seek to live in righteousness even when it is no longer popular. Let us not be arrogant but speak the truth in love. God help us to see past the wickedness and see the lost souls and grieve over those who have chosen to give themselves over to what is evil in the sight of Lord.
Betty

Betty

June 24, 2022
Happy Friday,

Stand Up For Jesus

Christians are called to stand up for the truth of the Gospel in all seasons. It is not always politically correct to speak the truth. People will complain. We are not saved to be people pleasers. We are saved from our sins to work for our Heavenly Father.

We are living in the last days and people do not always want to hear the truth. Yet we have a responsibility to speak the truth in love. When we are asked, will we try to go around the question, rather than answer the question? God help us to stand up for God even in these last days.

In these last days, we must be prepared by praying and reading God’s Holy Word. Pray for God to give us the courage to go against sins, even those that are popular. We are not here to be popular but to serve our God.
Betty

Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus | George Duffield, Jr.

1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner, it must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry, His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished, and Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! The trumpet call obey:
Forth to the mighty conflict, in this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! Stand in His strength alone,
The arm of flesh will fail you, ye dare not trust your own;
Put on the gospel armor, and watching unto prayer,
Where calls the voice of duty, be never wanting there.
4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! the strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle, the next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh a crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory shall reign eternally.

Betty

June 25, 2022
Saturday,

God Is A Strong Tower

“Promise #176:
My name is a strong tower that you can run to and find safety.

Proverbs 18:10 (WEB)
The name of Yahweh is a strong tower:
the righteous run to him, and are safe.”

Whatever circumstances we are in, we have the promise of God to protect us. We can run to Him and find safety. We can find peace when we run to the shelter of God’s arms.

We need not fear the future, for we know our eternity will be with our Heavenly Father. This life is but a vapor compared to eternity. We can find strength in the joy of the Lord. We can run this race, knowing God will never abandon us not forsake us.

My friends, trust in the Lord, pray for the lost, and remind yourself of the prize of Heaven that awaits us. Rejoice in the goodness of God and praise His Name everyday.
Betty

Betty

June 26, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Complete Trust In God

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

When my son died, the only thing keeping me going was God. My heart was broken into so many pieces and yet even in my darkest hours, I knew that I could still trust in God.

I learned that complete trust requires us to trust God even when nothing makes sense. To trust when we see no reason or why God allows bad things to happen to us. It's easy to trust God when everything is going great, but it requires courage to trust in times of great grief.

I wish I could say that I never have times of doubt, but that will be a lie. There are still times that I wrestle with God, wanting Him to tell me why my son had to die, then God gently reminds me that it is not my place to demand answers from God, but to trust God in all circumstances. It is when I stop demanding answers but instead choose to trust Him. My friends, we have to choose to trust God.
Betty

1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
* Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Betty

June 27, 2022
Happy Monday,

Be Prepared

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
(1 Peter 5:8

God in His Holy Word, warns us to be prepared for attacks from the devil and his demons. If we are prepared we can shut him down by quoting Scriptures and singing praises to God.

Another way to prepare is to put on the armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-20
New King James Version

The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

We live in evil times. People are very angry about the change in abortion laws. As Christians, we are concerned about the unborn. The world is more concerned about losing their rights to abortion. Angry people say and do things that they otherwise would not do.

We need to pray for those on the Supreme Court, people who work in pregnancy crisis centers, and pro-life Churches. We need to pray for their protection from God.

We need to pray that God will open the eyes of people to see that every life is precious to God. That their hearts to see the innocence of the unborn children and their right to live. Pray for God to protect us and help us to stand up for the truth even though it is unpopular.
Betty

Betty

June 8, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Fear

Promise #179:
I will rescue you from evil and safely deliver you into My kingdom.

2 Timothy 4:18 (WEB)
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work,
and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom;
to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

We need not fear falling into sin, if we put our complete trust in God. The Holy Spirit will warn us when something seems okay but it is evil. The Holy Spirit will warn us of false teaching that has just enough of truth that it can be confusing.

In other words, we can live fear-free when we trust in God. Knowing that He has promised to deliver us from evil. As much as we are looking forward to Heaven, God is looking forward to the Heavenly Reunion when all His children will join Him for our Wedding Celebration.

We press onward to our prize of Heaven, seeking to live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. When the world makes fun of Christians so not be arrogant im response but pray for those who have been blinded by the devil.
Maranatha,
Betty

Betty

June 29, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Looking For The Blessed Hope

“Promise #180:
There is a crown of life waiting for everyone who loves My Son.

2 Timothy 4:8 (WEB)
From now on, there is stored up for me the crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day;
and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his appearing.”

Sometimes people think that we talk about the rapture too much, but just like a Bride is so excited about her upcoming Wedding, we should also be excited about our Wedding in Heaven that will happen one day.

No matter what is happening on earth today, we can look forward with great anticipation to our Wedding in Heaven, for as children of God we are the Bride of Christ. There are no words on earth to describe the blessings we shall receive on that day we are wed to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

When we remember the glories that await us in Heaven then we can with the help of God withstand the battles on this earth. Seek comfort from God when we need it and trust God to be with us every day and remind ourselves of the glories that await us in Heaven. Then we can sing songs of praise to God amid chaos and losses.
Betty

Betty

June 30, 2022
Happy Thursday,

They Cling To Their Guns and Bibles

Daily Prayer for June 30
“At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” Matthew 11:25, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you for your Word, which is light and strength to us. We thank you for all you give us. We thank you that we may be counted among the simple-hearted, among the children. We do not want to be anything great in the world. We want only to be with you as your children, helpless little children, watched over by you, the Creator and Father of all. Grant us your blessing. Help us in all that is good and right, also in our daily work, so that we can be your children and do what you have commanded. May your name be honored at all times, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us the wrong we have done as we forgive those who have wronged us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory for ever and ever. “Amen

Liberals often see Christians as weak and uneducated clinging to their guns and Religion. Christianity is more than a religion, it is a personal relationship with God. The Pope recently said that having a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous. What an odd thing for a Religious Leader to say.

A personal relationship with God is essential to our faith. If our relationship with God is only when we are in Church, we need to reconsider our salvation. True salvation is not only repenting and turning away from our sins but should include the desire to have a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father.

The more we love God, the more we should want to know Him. Our relationship with God should grow over time and with prayer, reading the Bible, and faith our spiritual life should grow.

May God give His children wisdom to avoid false teachings and to seek His face daily.
Betty