morning blessings

Betty

August 19, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Healing

Our prayers are not always answered in an instant. Sometimes our healing comes in baby steps. I'll be honest, I prefer instant healing. Gradual healing does serve a purpose. Every day, every step produces spiritual growth. Just as our bodies are improving so is our spiritual health.

Each day and each step, let us offer up praises to our Heavenly Father. Rejoice in the goodness of our God. Worship God with a glad heart. Look with a hopeful heart to the victory ahead. Let us trust God to perform a good work in us.
Betty

Betty

August 20, 2021
Happy Friday,

No Condemnation

Romans 8:1
New King James Version
Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The devil likes to bring up past sins to fill us with guilt and torment us. The Bible says there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ and walk according to the spirit.

When we get saved and our sins are forgiven, God does not keep a playlist of our sins to punish us when He is angry at us. As human beings, we can be cruel by bringing up every wrong done to us. When the devil reminds you of a sin against you, remind him that you have forgiven that person. When the devil reminds you of your past sins, remind the devil that your past sins are forgiven.

May God help us to leave past sins in the past where they belong. May He help us today to live in righteousness. When we do sin, ask for forgiveness and leave your sin at the cross.
Betty

Betty

August 21, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Looking For The Light

There are times we cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Times when we feel like crawling into a fetal position and staying there. Yet, you know you have responsibilities to care for someone else. This is when we need to turn our eyes on Jesus. To take our little faith and focus on God.

We must not allow the devil to steal our hope. We must remind ourselves that eternity awaits us. We may be exhausted today, but our eternal bodies are on the other side of this dark valley. God knows what we are dealing with. Prayer for strength. Pray for hope to face another day.

We must not allow our present circumstances to steal our faith in God. Hold to God with our trembling hands and keep our eyes on Him. The trials we face today will pass away. We can see the signs all around us of the soon-coming rapture. We can press onward to the prize of Heaven.
Betty

Psalm 91:4
New King James Version
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [a]buckler.

Betty

August 23, 2021
Happy Monday,

The New Normal

We hear people question when will get back to normal and we hear people talk about the new normal. Truth is this world is never going back. Everything that has happened is laying out the path for the antichrist to take over this world.

Christians, we have nothing to fear from the antichrist. We will be gone from this world before he comes to power. We may get uncomfortable and we may lose some freedoms, but keep your eyes on God. Our future is not of this world.

Ephesians 1:11-14
New King James Version
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

So many of us have loved ones and friends with COVID. We need not be fearful, for we can trust God to be with them and to heal them. When the enemy puts doubts in our minds and we begin to doubt, cry out to God and remember that there is nothing too big for God.

Titus 2:11-14
New King James Version
Trained by Saving Grace
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Let us live Godly lives, walking in righteousness as we await our glorious blessed hope. The Rapture is not a dream or a wish, but a promise from Jesus. He said that He would come for us and He will.
Betty

RestInHim

August 23, 2021
Happy Monday,

The New Normal

We hear people question when will get back to normal and we hear people talk about the new normal. Truth is this world is never going back. Everything that has happened is laying out the path for the antichrist to take over this world.

Christians, we have nothing to fear from the antichrist. We will be gone from this world before he comes to power. We may get uncomfortable and we may lose some freedoms, but keep your eyes on God. Our future is not of this world.

Ephesians 1:11-14
New King James Version
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

So many of us have loved ones and friends with COVID. We need not be fearful, for we can trust God to be with them and to heal them. When the enemy puts doubts in our minds and we begin to doubt, cry out to God and remember that there is nothing too big for God.

Titus 2:11-14
New King James Version
Trained by Saving Grace
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Let us live Godly lives, walking in righteousness as we await our glorious blessed hope. The Rapture is not a dream or a wish, but a promise from Jesus. He said that He would come for us and He will.
Betty
Amen Betty. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." :prayPraying for your son and for all of you. Love and HUGS:hug

Betty

August 24, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Why?

We have all had questioned God in our lives. Why did God allow us or our loved ones to get so sick? Why is healing taking so long? Even why did our loved one die?

We do not always get an answer. This can lead to frustrations and even us doubting God. The thing is: true trust in God is trusting God even when things do not seem to be working out. Trusting God for complete healing even when we have not seen the end results.

Sometimes God heals instantly and sometimes it is a process. We all want instant healing in ourselves and loved ones, yet our faith grows stronger when healing is a progress. We learn to trust God more through each forward step.

God does not call us to understand His reasoning but to put complete trust in Him. We can lay our doubts down when we communicate with God throughout the day. When the devil tempts us to doubt, remind ourselves that the devil is a liar and encourage ourselves in the Lord.

Exodus 15:26 (KJV) 26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Psalms 91:14-16 (NKJV) 14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known my name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."
8. Psalms 103:1-5 (KJV) 1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies; 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV) 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Hebrews 10:23 (NKJV) 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 10:35-36 (NKJV) 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

Rejoice in the Lord, knowing that not only does He hear our prayers, but out of His great love for us, He will bring complete healing in His time.
Betty

Betty

August 25, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

This World Is Not My Home

Romans 12:2
New King James Version
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The older I get the less this world feels like my home. I have no idea who the new movie stars and singers are any more. Hubby will point out someone on the front of a magazine and ask me who they are and I usually have no idea.

The Bible warns about accepting the world’s standards as our moral compass. God’s Holy Word is to be our moral compass. Remember the world easily turns on their own. One day a celebrity will be the darling of the media and they say or do one thing that the majority disagrees with and then the majority turns on them.

While we want to live in peace in this world, we should strive to please God. Our compass should be the Bible. Many things are happening in this world today that causes us concern and even fear. Go to God for comfort and ask for His grace and peace.

Pray for the military, Americans, Christians, and the people who aided our Military in Afghanistan. It breaks my heart to see how our the White House has abandoned them.
Betty

Betty

August 26, 2021
Happy Thursday,

The Birth Pains Are Inceasing

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you… JOHN 14:27

Jesus told us that as we get closer to the rapture, the birth pains of sorrow would increase. We are seeing this played out in the world today. Jesus did not want us to be caught up unaware, so He warned us.

As we see this happening, we need to increase our time of prayer and draw closer to God. We are not called to fear these days but to pray for God to fill us with His Heavenly Peace.

God is still in control and He is watching over His children. His love for us is strong and He seeks to guide us. On the other hand, the devil seeks to fill our hearts with fear and doubt. We must choose to trust in God.

John 14:1-4
New King James Version
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Jesus gave His Word that He is coming for us. Our troubles will soon be a memory as we celebrate God’s victory over sin, together in Heaven. Like the old song says: “What a day of rejoicing that will be!”
Betty

Revelation 22:20
New King James Version
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Betty

August 27, 2021
Happy Friday,

Seek The Face of God

Psalm 27:7-9
New King James Version
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

In times of trouble, we can be tempted to hide from everyone, including God. These are the times that we need to run towards God. We need to seek His face in these troubled times. If we isolate ourselves from our brothers and sisters in Christ, we become easy pickings for the devil and his demons.

These are the times that we should run to God. Do not be too prideful to seek reassurance from our brethren in Christ. Leaning on each other will help us all to grow stronger in our faith. The body of Christ grows stronger when we admit our needs and ask one other to stand in the gap for us and ask them to pray with us for our needs.

We were saved to join the body of Christ, not to be a loner. We are made stronger when we stand against satan as a body of Christ, rather than just an individual.

God is still on His throne. He is not deaf to our prayers. Lay our needs at His feet. Ask other Christians to pray with us. Trust God, while we wait for the answers to our praise. Praise God and rejoice in the knowledge that God hears our prayers and the answer to our prayers is on its way.
Betty

I serve a risen Savior

1 I serve a risen Savior
He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
He’s always near.
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.
2 In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,
I never will despair;
I know that He is leading,
Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.
3 Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

Betty

August 28, 2021
Happy Saturday,

The Purpose of Prayer

There are many reasons we pray. We pray when we are in trouble. We pray when we are sick or our family is sick. We pray for guidance. An important reason to pray is to communicate with God.

Our relationship with God will be stronger and sweeter when we talk with God daily. We will be more fulfilled when we have a strong relationship with God.

Jeff, my son's health is up and down and up every day. To be honest I want God to do an instant miracle so Jeff can come off the ventilator. I do not understand God’s timing, but I do trust God. It is often not the way we want God to act, but we can trust God through all things.

As the world falls into place for God’s judgment, we can still trust God to protect us and guide us. We need not fear what is happening for God is in control. Let us draw close to God and seek His comfort when we are tempted to be fearful.
Betty

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Kerbluey

August 21, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Looking For The Light

There are times we cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Times when we feel like crawling into a fetal position and staying there. Yet, you know you have responsibilities to care for someone else. This is when we need to turn our eyes on Jesus. To take our little faith and focus on God.

We must not allow the devil to steal our hope. We must remind ourselves that eternity awaits us. We may be exhausted today, but our eternal bodies are on the other side of this dark valley. God knows what we are dealing with. Prayer for strength. Pray for hope to face another day.

We must not allow our present circumstances to steal our faith in God. Hold to God with our trembling hands and keep our eyes on Him. The trials we face today will pass away. We can see the signs all around us of the soon-coming rapture. We can press onward to the prize of Heaven.
Betty

Psalm 91:4
New King James Version
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [a]buckler.

I need this lately. Thank you. Still praying for your son too.

Betty

August 30. 2021
Happy Monday,

Glorious Reservation

Luke 10:19-20
New King James Version
19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but [a]rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

There are a lot of fancy restaurants in Houston, that I do not know the name of. There are above my pay grade. Chances are you need to be someone with power and influence.

As Christians, we have a reservation in Heaven for a Wedding Supper that the majority will never see. Just as expensive restaurants require that you are either an influencer in the world or be friends with one, to get in, so does this Wedding Feast.

Our ticket was purchased not by us, but by the precious blood of Jesus. With all the troubles in the world today we can look forward to the day when those who were willing to receive salvation in Christ will be wed to our Groom, Jesus.

Heavenly Father,

Help us not to be overcome by the troubles of this world, but to keep our eyes on You, the Author and the Finisher of our faith.
Amen,
Betty

Betty

August 31, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

The Mercy of God

Have mercy on me, O God.
Psalm 51:1

I cry out to God every day for God to have mercy and heal Jeff completely. There are many kinds of mercies. Traveling mercy. Mercy for a new job. We cry out for God’s mercy in overcoming a trial. God is not selfish with His mercy.

Psalm 13:5
New King James Version
5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

Ephesians 2:4
New King James Version
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

James 3:17
New King James Version
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Worship God in spirit and truth for His mercies for His children have no end. No matter what circumstances we are in, God will never abandon us.
Sing praise and worship, songs every day in thanksgiving to our God and King. Rejoice in His great love for us.
Betty

RestInHim

August 28, 2021
Happy Saturday,

The Purpose of Prayer

There are many reasons we pray. We pray when we are in trouble. We pray when we are sick or our family is sick. We pray for guidance. An important reason to pray is to communicate with God.

Our relationship with God will be stronger and sweeter when we talk with God daily. We will be more fulfilled when we have a strong relationship with God.

Jeff, my son's health is up and down and up every day. To be honest I want God to do an instant miracle so Jeff can come off the ventilator. I do not understand God’s timing, but I do trust God. It is often not the way we want God to act, but we can trust God through all things.

As the world falls into place for God’s judgment, we can still trust God to protect us and guide us. We need not fear what is happening for God is in control. Let us draw close to God and seek His comfort when we are tempted to be fearful.
Betty

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Amen. :hug Lifting you all up in :pray Betty.

What a privilege it is to be able to go to the Lord in prayer, for He cares for us.

Sweet Hour of Prayer Lyrics​

Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father’s throne
Make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
My soul has often found relief
And oft escaped the tempter’s snare
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!

The joys I feel, the bliss I share,
Of those whose anxious spirits burn
With strong desires for thy return!
With such I hasten to the place
Where God my Savior shows His face,
And gladly take my station there,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

Thy wings shall my petition bear
To Him whose truth and faithfulness
Engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His Word and trust His grace,
I’ll cast on Him my every care,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

May I thy consolation share,
Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,
I view my home and take my flight:
This robe of flesh I’ll drop and rise
To seize the everlasting prize;
And shout, while passing through the air,
“Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!”

W. W. Walford

Betty

September 1, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

We Need A Miracle

Jeff is on the ventilator 100%. We need a miracle. God will either heal Jeff on earth or in Heaven. I am praying hard for a miracle here. His family and us, his parents need him here on earth. I am not giving up. God still performs miracles.

In these days of waiting for a miracle, we must put our complete trust in God. We cannot allow doubt to enter our hearts but wholly commit ourselves to God.

Many many people are ill around the world with COVID. God is still on His throne and He is still doing miracles.

Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will surely help you; I will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." ~ Jeremiah 17:14

"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven." ~ James 5:14-15

* "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10
* "Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." ~ Isaiah 53:4-5
* "But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD" ~ Jeremiah 30:17

We will not give up. We will continue to pray for Jeff’s complete healing. We will place our trust firmly in the God of miracles.
Betty