morning blessings

Betty

July 14, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“ Encourage One Another “

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

There is restlessness all over the world. Many people, including non-Christians, are becoming concerned about the future. As Christians, we need not be fearful. When we become afraid, we can take our fears to God and He can take our fears away and give us peace.

While it is true we do not know what tomorrow or next week is going to be like, but we serve a God who knows. Whatever happens, God will not abandon His children. Every day we grow closer to going to Heaven. Comfort yourself with that knowledge.

We should pray for one another and encourage one another. The devil is working hard on causing Christians to doubt God. With prayer and the Armor of God, we can stand firm in our faith in these distressing times.
Pray that our hearts and ears will be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
Betty

Betty

July 15, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Have a Heart of Worship

Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.
Leviticus 6:13

We do not keep a fire going in our Churches anymore, but we can have a spirit of worship in our hearts daily. We can begin the day with prayer and we can end the day with prayer. Throughout the day, we can offer up to God: praise and Worship.

When God is foremost in our minds, we find ourselves less likely to become unhinged over an unexpected problem. When something unexpected happens, seek God first instead of giving into fear and frustration. When we do, God will fill our hearts and minds with His peace.
Betty

John 14:27
New King James Version
27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Betty

July 16, 2021
Happy Friday,

“Jesus Paid It All”

Partial Salvation, would not keep anyone out of Heaven. Even a tiny sin would keep us out of Heaven. God in His mercy offers us the gift of salvation. A gift that pays the debt for all of our sins.

Sadly, so many reject this wondrous gift of salvation. When judgment comes the Bible says that most people will still refuse to accept the gift of salvation, but cursing God instead.

God must be grieved over the way this world glorifies sin. Christians, we should not be angry, but we should grieve over the world’s attitude about sin. When sin is celebrated, pridefully, their hearts become prideful and they are no longer able to see their need for salvation.

Never stop praying for lost souls. Until the rapture, there is still time for repentance. Let us worship our Lord and Savior in Spirit and Truth. Praising our God, daily, in prayer and songs of worship. God is worthy of all praise!
Betty

Betty

July 17, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Times of Troubles

“Promise #198:
I will save you in the midst of your troubles.

Psalm 138:7 (WEB)
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me.
You will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies.
Your right hand will save me.”

We are living in times of troubles. We are on the cusp of the tribulation. Yet, we need not fear. God has not abandoned His children. God has not lost any of His great powers, nor has His strength weaken.

God could speak a word and people would lose their ability to think for themselves. He could force every person and every child to worship Him. God, instead has given each individual the ability to choose for themselves, who they worship.

Our choice determines our present circumstances and our future home in eternity. For those who choose to worship God, He provides comfort and protection. God is our Shepherd who guides us and watches over us. We can go to Him for comfort and He will comfort us and give us peace.

God is love. His great love for mankind has allowed mankind to exist for many many generations, even though mankind has chosen to live in sin over righteousness. God’s patients will not last forever and this world will soon come under God’s judgment.

Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to turn from our sins and seek to walk with God and to obey His precepts. Eternity rests on our decision. Choose Jesus and follow His righteous path and find peace for the days here on earth and eternity with God in Heaven.
Betty

Betty

July 19, 2021
Happy Monday,

“What Is Truth?”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me,

John 1:1
New King James Version
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What is truth? Jesus is truth. God’s Holy Word is truth. The world has rejected Truth. Instead, they have chosen to believe lies from the devil.
Another well-known Christian singer has come out endorsing the sin of homosexuality.

She has done no favors for the gay and lesbian community. She has given them false hope of salvation and she now has the blood of millions on her hands. In her desire to be popular with another group of people she has betrayed her Savior and strayed from the truth of the Gospel.

2 Timothy 4
New King James Version
Preach the Word
4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

The truth of the Gospel is not popular in today’s world but the Truth has not changed. Yes, God does love everyone. He desires for everyone to be in Heaven, but we must repent and turn away from sin. Salvation is not found in feeling bad about sin, praying, and then returning to the sin. We all will sin and when we do we repent, but we must not choose to live in sin.

A pig that is given a bath will return to the mud. Christians must choose to stay out of the mud of sin. We should pray for those caught up in sin. We must never be angry at a person caught up in sin but have Godly compassion for them.
Betty

GoldenEagle

2 Timothy 4
New King James Version
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
I’m seeing this more and more and it’s simply heartbreaking.

Betty

July 21, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Wednesday’s Thoughts

I pray every day that God will use me to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ. There is so much around us, that could make us become discouraged. My prayer is that God will give us peace in these troubled times.

Many false teachings are being taught around the world. I pray that God will protect us from being led astray by lies of the devil. Some things sound good to the human ear but bring destruction on those who accept the devil’s lies. Pro-choice is the devil’s spin on the murder of unborn babies!

Gay pride is the devil’s plan, a sin that is an abomination to God. Wrapping sin up in a rainbow does not take away its evil. God created man and woman to come together as one to form a family to live for God, in righteousness and in the truth of God’s Holy Word.

Fellow Christians, we can walk in righteousness and truth, if we seek God and follow Him. If we trust in God and trust in Him, daily, the Holy Spirit will guide us.

We can stand strong in our faith if we trust completely in our Heavenly Father. We will be called stubborn and closed-minded for refusing to buy into the devil’s lies. Was not Christ ridculed when He walked this earth, for His teaching. Yet, today Christ is sitting in Heaven on a throne in the presence of His Father!

Heaven awaits us, fellow Christians! We may suffer for a little while but victory is ahead! I pray that God will keep us strong in our walk with God and then we ignore the lies of the devil.

Heavenly Father,
Guide us everyday and help us to walk in righteousness and truth. Give us Your Heavenly peace so we do not become fearful. Protect us from the lies of the devil. Help us to live in a way that is pleasing to You. We love You.
Amen,
Betty

Betty

July 22, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Growing In Our Faith

“Promise #203:
I will strengthen you with feet like a deer so you can reach great heights.

Habakkuk 3:19 (WEB)
Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength.
He makes my feet like deer’s feet,
and enables me to go in high places.”

God wants us to grow spiritually. If we seek Him, He will guide us into spiritual growth. Growth rarely happens on the mountain top. It is in the dark valleys where spiritual growth takes place.

Valleys can be scary and we often feel alone, yet God is with us. Why do we feel that we are alone? It is during those times that we cannot feel Him, that our faith grows. When the devil tells us that God has forsaken us, remind ourselves that the devil is a liar and a deceiver. Do not focus on our circumstances, but keep our eyes on God.

We are not in valleys forever. Our time of rejoicing will come again. May God help us to remember that He is with us in the valleys and on the mountain tops. Seek to grow in the Lord. We do not want to become stagnate, or worse fall behind in our spiritual growth.
Betty

Betty

July 23, 2021
Happy Friday,

What Is Faith

“Faith. It’s a word we hear thrown around all the time. Keep the faith. Walking in faith. Having faith. So what is faith? Faith has several different definitions.
1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than truth.
3. A system of religious belief.
4. A firmly held belief or theory”(1)

When I awoke this morning, I prayed for God to guide me on what to write about today, and immediately I thought of faith. While I made my coffee, I thought of the verse “My faith looks up to You, sweet Lamb of Calvery, on there, I stand”

Like most Christians, I have times of doubts and fears. This is when my eyes are focused on my circumstances, instead of God. When you have health issues that affect you as soon as you wake up, it is hard not to become focused on them. Yet, when you release your fears to God, He will replace your fears with peace.

We must make a choice of trusting God. The devil will be there to share thoughts of fear and disbelief with us. We must encourage ourselves in the Lord. When we do, our faith will grow and mature.
Betty

1 (https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/what-is-faith.html)

1 My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine:
now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
be wholly thine.
2 May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire;
as thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire.
3 While life's dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow's tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.
4 When ends life's transient dream,
when death's cold, sullen stream
shall o'er me roll,
blest Savior, then, in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul.

Betty

July 24, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Live For God

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. MATTHEW 5:20

Matthew 6:16
New King James Version
Fasting to Be Seen Only by God
16 “Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the [a]hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Jesus said that the Scribes and Pharisees performed righteous acts in order to be admired by other men. Their works did not come from a loving heart towards God, but from a heart that desired approval.

Jesus warned us about this. To live in righteousness, we must live our lives to please God. When we put God, first, all other things will fall in place. What the Bible teaches is no longer admired by the world. If God is not first in our lives, we will be easily led astray by the world standards.

We soon may have to take a stand for God. We should be praying for God to help us to grow in faith and become strong in our beliefs so that we can stand for the truth of the Gospel, even when we are ridiculed or even persecuted for our believe in the truth of the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:58
New International Version
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Peter 5:8-11
New King James Version
8 Be [a]sober, be vigilant; [c]because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But [d]may the God of all grace, who called [e]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [f]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Betty

Betty

July 25, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Pray for Compassion for Others

Matthew 9:36
New King James Version
36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were [a]weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.

It is easy for us to look at all the sin and lawlessness in this world, and feel disgusted, but Jesus looked around at the people and He was filled with compassion on them.

So many people are controlled by sin that has hardened their hearts and because of this, they have lost their ability to hear the truth. Without a miracle, they face an eternity in hell. This should feel us with sadness.

Jesus cared so much for lost souls that willingly died to save souls from hell. It must make Jesus so sad to see His gift of salvation refused by the masses.

When we hear of evil doings, let us pray for the victim and the evildoer. Yes we should be angry at sin and yet still feel compassion for those caught up in the traps of sin.
Betty

Betty

July 26, 2021
Happy Monday,

May God Help Us To Grow Spiritual Fruit

2 Peter 1:5-6
New King James Version
Fruitful Growth in the Faith
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control [a]perseverance, to perseverance godliness,

Growing up we had a peach tree in the backyard. The tree never grew fruit. The tree was a disappointment to us. How much so is a child of God, who lives an unfruitful life, to God. When we grow through the valleys for spiritual growth and we do not grow but become bitter, we must make God cry. A Christian who has no spiritual fruit is shameful.

God help us when our heart's desire is to accumulate material goods that will mold and decay. Even gold will not go with us when we leave this world.
Spiritual fruit will not only help us be a blessing to others but will go with us to Heaven.
Betty

Betty

July 27, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

When we wake up to start our day, we can be met with unexpected little problems that add to make us agitated. I took water out to put in the dog’s bowl and spilled it on the smoker. I turned on the hose to have more water come out the connection than the sprayer. Of course, I got me all wet.

This is life. Unexpected things happen. We need not get upset if we just laugh about it. Things happen to Christians and non-Christians, it is just a part of life. When we learn to take things as they come we can be stressed-less even with aggravating circumstances.

The world is coming together for the tribulation. If we focus on these things we can become overwhelmed with fear. We do not have to be fearful if we keep our eyes on our Heavenly Father. When we put complete trust in God we can have peace in these troubled times.
Betty

Isaiah 26:3
New King James Version
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

Betty

July 28, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Traveling God’s Path

Many years ago hubby and I went through a three-year valley. My Mom thought we had gotten out of God’s will, but my youngest sister disagreed. Looking back I tend to agree with my sister. I learned a lot spiritually through those three years. At the end of these three years, hubby gave His life to Christ.

I believe God is allowing Christians to go through things these days to purify us for the soon rapture. The closer we get to the rapture the least worldly possessions should matter to us. The more our eyes are on Jesus, the less concerned we become about the drama going on around us. The closer we walk with God the greater our desire grows to live in a way that pleases God.

May God give us a heart that weeps for lost souls. May we pray daily that God will open the eyes of sinners to the truth of the Gospel. May God encourage each of us to stand strong and firm in our faith in Him.
Betty

Betty

July 29, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Be Willing Servants of God

I use to like silly comedies like Gilligan’s Island and I Dream of Genie, now I like watching true crime dramas and old Columbo movies. Our desires and needs change as we age. At 69, I find I do not need so much stuff as when I was younger. I need less drama and more peace in my life.

As we get older the work we do for God changes. In my forties, I helped my youngest sister (who was a Pastor’s wife) take down a wall at their Church and helped her carry heavy tables upstairs. I could not do that today.

As we get older and develop physical challenges we may not be able to do the work we did in the past. This does not mean we are useless to God. God is always happy to use that are willing. When we give ourselves over to God, He will find a place of service for us. What is important is that we serve God with a willing heart? Pray every day that we will be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit so that He can guide us and help us not to miss opportunities to do what God assigns us to do. Be cheerful and willing vessels for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

Betty

July 30, 2021
Happy Friday,

Why Me?

My short-term memory is getting worse. I was working on my coffee when hubby asked me a question and then I could not remember if I had put sugar in the coffee. I reminded myself that it was no big deal that I could taste the coffee.

My title is why me, but the truth is I have never asked God why He allowed me to get Alzheimer's. I do not need to know why. I just need to know it is part of God’s plans.

King David was concerned about the wicked prospering and seemingly having no problems. Truth is, we can look around and see evil people who have gotten away with horrible things, and yet they remain in powerful positions.

For many many people, this earth is as close to Heaven they will ever see. Do not envy their positions or their wealth. We have a future in Heaven where the wealth cannot even be numbered by man.

Every day we are allowed to walk with Our Heavenly Father. This is another gift that cannot be measured in money. This morning I found myself singing the chorus to “I Need The Every Hour”. Praise God for always being with us and never forsaken us.
Betty

I need thee every hour
Most gracious Lord
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford

I need thee oh I need thee
Every hour I need thee
Oh bless me now my savior
I come to thee

I need thee every hour
Stay thou near by
Temptations loose their power
When thou art nigh

Every hour I need thee
I come to thee

I need thee every hour
Most holy one
Oh make me thine indeed
Thou blessed son

Every hour I need thee
I come to thee

Oh I need thee

I need thee

I come to thee

Betty

July 31, 2021
Happy Saturday,

A Person of Prayer

King David said that he was a man of prayer in Psalms 109. May we be able to say the same about ourselves. When we are harassed by others, may our response be prayer, rather than anger. When we grow afraid, may we respond in prayer. When we face the unknown, but we pray before any reaction. When we are in physical pain, let us cry out to God.

Too often, prayer is our last result. Prayer should be first on our agenda. God help us to pray throughout the day. Let it be said of us that we are a person of prayer.
Betty

1 Timothy 2:1
New King James Version
Pray for All Men
2 Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

Psalm 28:2
New King James Version
2 Hear the voice of my supplications
When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

Psalm 143:1
New King James Version
An Earnest Appeal for Guidance and Deliverance
A Psalm of David.
Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.