morning blessings

Betty

June 29, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Do Not Grieve The Holy Spirit”

Ephesians 4:30-32 New King James Version
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, [a]clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Live is often hard, for everybody. What is important, is our reaction to problems! Do we become angry? Do we blame those around us? Do we become angry at God?

The best reaction is to seek the face of God. We must remind ourselves that problems can be teachable moments. As children of God, we need to seek to grow in our faith and trust in our Heavenly Father. We want to walk daily worshipping and praising God.
Betty

Betty

June 30, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Intelligence-vs-Wisdom

Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” Matthew 11:25, NIV

Many refuse to see the truth of the Gospel. It is the simpleness of the Gospel that trips up many people. To often religious people add things to the requirements of salvation. The Jewish leaders did that in Jesus’ day and Jesus rebuked them for it.

There is nothing we can accomplish to earn salvation. Once we have become saved, we must pick up our cross and follow Jesus, but this is not to earn salvation. We serve our God and King because we love Him.

When a baby is born into a family, the baby has done nothing to earn the parent’s love. The baby is loved for existing. When we become saved, we are a baby, Christian. As we mature in the Lord, we seek to please our God, out of our love for Him.

Sadly there will be many in hell because they refused the simple faith of salvation.
Betty

Betty

July 1, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Going The Wrong Way

Canada is moving to make hate speech online a crime. On paper that sounds like a just ruling. Until you realize that the devil has convinced people that Scripture is hate speech.

If you going the wrong way, is it hate speech to be corrected? So many are living in sin, headed for an eternity in hell. Yet if you point that out to them, you are committing a crime of hate speech.

A childhood friend unfriended me on Facebook, after telling me she was fed up with me talking about sin. She stated that everyone knew what sin is and there is no need to rub it in their faces.

Yet there are Churches in America and around the world where the Pastor does not dare to talk about many sins, for fear of offering many in his congregation. Instead, they are giving sinners false hope. A hope that God no longer cares about sin.

If you ignore the Holy Spirit when He convicts you of sin, enough times, your heart will become so hardened that you can live in sin and feel no shame.

Hebrews 3:12-13 New King James Version
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but [a]exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Betty

Betty

July 2, 2021
Happy Friday,

God Must Be First In Our Lives

Anything that comes before God is an idol and we are committing the sin of idolatry. That sounds harsh, but if God is first we will treat others in a Godly way.

Years ago a popular singer who was raised in a religious home, said that when she told her mom that she was bi-sexual, her mom told her that she loved her more than God. She thought that her mom had expressed the ultimate love to her.

The truth is she did not love her daughter enough. If she loved God first then she would have shared the truth with her daughter. What seems like perfect love today will be revealed as inadequate love on judgment day.

True love is speaking the truth. The mother could have told her daughter that she will always love her, but warn her that if she continues to live in sin, she will spend eternity in hell.

Truth, even spoken in love will not always be accepted. In a world where sin is celebrated and speaking the truth can get you canceled and in some places, arrested, it is harder than ever to speak the truth.

When we put God first, everything else will fall in place. We love each other with a stronger love when God is first in our lives. Friends and even relatives may consider you a radical, but it is better to be radical for God than to embrace sin and support sinful ways.
Betty

Betty

July 3, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Humility Cures Worldliness”

James 4:7-10 New King James Version
Humility Cures Worldliness
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

We can become prideful, in our walk with God. When we begin to compare ourselves to others, we can become blind to our own sins, as we focus on the sins of others. This is a sin in itself, the sin of pride.

Proverbs 16:18 New King James Version
18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

The Bible says pride can lead to destruction. Let us not make excuses for our own sins, but come humbly to God and seek forgiveness. Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ, that God will protect them from sinning.

May God help us stay focused on Him and seek to live righteously in this sinful world. We pray for God to search our hearts and point out any hidden sins so that we can seek forgiveness.
Betty

A male and female cardinal has been coming to my bird feeders for weeks. Watching them encourages me and I am grateful to the Lord for my little diamonds of grace.

Today hubby and I celebrate 51 years of marriage. Anyone who knows us, knows this is a miracle by God.

Betty

July 4, 2021,
Blessed Sunday,

Independence Day

Today we celebrate America’s Independence Day. Despite some College Professors, hate groups, and many liberals, there is still something to be proud of in being an American. Those who trash our Country refuse to acknowledge that thousand travel many many miles to enter this Country illegally to get the benefits this Country offers.

As important as Independence Day is there are people all over this world who are bound by sin. Jesus purchased salvation, with His precious blood so that all can go to Heaven. Sadly, too many refuse the precious gift of salvation.

Christians, let us never be embarrassed to share our faith in God.

Luke 9:25-26 Century King James Version
25 For what is a man advantaged if he gain the whole world, and lose himself or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed when He shall come in His own glory and in His Father’s and of the holy angels.

Enjoy the day and be thankful that you were born in a Country where your parents had the freedom to take you to Sunday School and to teach the truth of the Gospel. As we see this freedom slipping away, be grateful for the freedoms of today.
Betty

Betty

July 5, 2021
Happy Monday,

Trust in the Lord

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. PSALM 37:5

I had a rough night, last night, and cannot seem to get my bearings today. Yet, I can encourage myself in the Lord. Even in times of confusion, I can feel the love of my Heavenly Father covering me with His wings.

We all have hard times, but we can know without a doubt, that God is with us. If we trust in Him, He will bring forth a good work in us. Whatever you are going through, today, I pray that God will make His love known to you and fill your heart with joy.
Betty

Revelation 22:20 New King James Version

I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Betty

July 6, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“I Am Weak, But He Is Strong”

Romans 8:26-27. New King James Version
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Do not fear the Holy Spirit. He is a member of the Godhead and He loves God’s Children, dearly. It is the Holy Spirit, who called to us, when we were sinners, inviting us to the cross for the gift of salvation. The Holy Spirit guides us in our spiritual walk and warns us if we are going off the path of Righteousness.

Daily, we should ask God to fill us with His Holy Spirit, so that we can walk in righteousness and seek to be a blessing to others. We all have our personal struggles and we all need encouragement. We are blessed, ourselves when we find ways to be a blessing to others.

My dear friends, let us not grow weary, in our walk with Jesus. When we need help, do not let pride, keep us from asking. There is no special crown for doing everything on our own and never seeking help from anyone.
Betty

Betty

July 7, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Do Not Compromise

Romans 12:1-2
Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Do not compromise your faith, in order to please others. A person who is trying to please God and other people are double-minded.

James 4:8 New King James Version
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

We are too close to the prize of Heaven for us to start compromising in our walk with God to please others. God must come first in our lives. When we put God first, everything will fall into place. We may upset family friends, but we must obey God in all areas of our lives. There will some, who do not understand why we do and say the things we do. If we allow God to guide in all our ways we will please God.
Betty

Betty

July 8, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Do Not Allow Evil To Win

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

We do not have to give in to evil and allow it to overcome us. God has given us the Holy Spirit to guide us and protect us. When we do feel ourselves slipping into sin, we can call out to God and He will answer us.

Matthew 24:12-26 New King James Version
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus, Himself, warned us of these days. He warned us not so that we would become fearful but so that we would understand the times we are living in. The closer the rapture becomes the more lawlessness will increase and evil will grow.

We do not have to give in to evil. If we walk daily with God and trust in Him. God has given us an armor so that we can defeat the devil.

Ephesians 6:11 New King James Version
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil.

We need not be overcome by evil. We can pray each day when we get up that God will equip us with His armor so that we are not overcome. We must be determined to say no to sin. We must make the choice to walk in righteousness.
Betty

Ephesians 6:10-20
New King James Version
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Betty

July 9, 2021
Happy Friday

This World Needs God

In the sixties, there was a popular song called: “What the world needs now -is love”. The world needs love more than ever, but not just love for each other, but Godly love. Each individual needs a relationship with Jesus and to be filled with a Godly love for one another.

There is so much anger and rage within the heart of mankind, that just the right prompting can lead to murderous rage. We have so much anger in drivers today that we have a name for that: ‘road rage’. One driver accidentally cuts someone off with their car and then the other driver retaliates with a gun. In a moment of time, a distracted driver can become a murder victim.

It seems like everyone is living on edge. A miss-spoken word, taking a cut in line, or wearing a Trump hat, can set in motion a tragedy. So many have hearts filled with anger and rage to the point that they are time bombs waiting to be lit, by just the right word.

As Christians, we need to be praying for one another. Praying that sinners' eyes will be open so that they can see their need for salvation through Jesus. Pray for our loved ones and friends that God will protect. Most of all pray that the rapture will be soon!
Betty

Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Betty

July 10, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“You Are Not Good Enough”

The devil would love to make every Christian feel they are not good enough to accomplish the job, God, has given them. If he can intimate us enough, he can get us to give up. Whatever job that God gave you to do in accomplishing His work, He will equip you to be able to accomplish what He has called us to do.

Just as we work to show our love for God and mankind, God saved and called us to a mission out of His love for us. It is this loving relationship between us and God that provides us salvation and provides what we need to accomplish the work that God has called us to do.

When we give up on being good enough and put our complete trust in God, then we can accomplish the work we are called to do. We must choose to walk in faith and not in ourselves. When we stop focusing on our weaknesses and focus on God’s ability to accomplish a work thru us, then we are free to accomplish the work that God has given us.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 13:20-21 New King James Version
Benediction, Final Exhortation, Farewell
20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you [a]complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Good enough? In myself no! But God! So much power in the words: “but, God”. What wonderous works have been accomplished through the ages when people let go and allow God to work freely through them!
Betty

Betty

July 11, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Do Not Be Decieved

Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”

It is not uncommon to hear people say today that they need to search their hearts for the answer. People comment that they know that they are okay with their sinful lifestyle because they feel at peace about it. God warns us that our heart is deceitful. If we want something bad enough we can convince ourselves that God is okay with our sin, but what does the Bible say?

When we stand before God, it will only matter what God thinks of our sin. There will be no debate between God and mankind on judgment day. God’s decision will be the final decision. It will be too late on that day, to change our ways.

Today is the day for salvation. No one is promised a tomorrow. Many will realize too late that the day of redemption has passed and the judgment of God is upon them.

Matthew 4:17
New King James Version
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven [a]is at hand.”

2 Corinthians 6:2
New King James Version
2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Let us not put off what should be done for the Kingdom of God. Seek God today and repent of our sins, while there is still time.
Betty

Betty

“The Will of The Lord Be Done”

Acts 21:14
New King James Version
14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”

Sometimes we need to step back and allow God to do His will. His will may be different than ours but His will is always best.

Betty

July 12, 2021
Happy Monday,

Self-Serving

We serve a loving God and He is good to us. Sometimes, we can begin to think that God serves us when we are supposed to serve God. We can become so self-involved, that we are no longer worshipping our God and Creator.

Our needs are important to us. This is normal, but do we worship God, when we pray, or all our prayer about our needs and wants? Sometimes we need to step back and remind ourselves who God is. To stand back and think of how awesome God is and be thankful that God even notices us, much less loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins.

We all have needs. We all have become battle-weary, but may God help us to realize how wondrous it is that the creator of all things is not only interested in our needs but wants to provide for us. May we seek to be grateful children of God and thankful for our many blessings.

The Bible says to come boldly to the throne and to make our petitions known, and we should, but let us begin our prayers by praising our God and Creator.
Betty

Hebrews 4:14-16 New King James Version
Our Compassionate High Priest
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Betty

Romans 12:21
New King James Version
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

My friends, as we look around today, it is easy to be overcome with doubts and fears. We should not be caught unaware. Did not Jesus say in the last days, lawlessness would increase? Yet it is easy for the most seasoned Christian to become sad and fearful of the events of today.

Every day, let us begin the day asking God to put the whole armor of God, upon us so we can stand strong in our faith. We will not overcome the evil in the world, for Jesus said that evil would increase, but we can overcome the evil that attacks us and our families.
Betty

Romans 12
New King James Version

Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Serve God with Spiritual Gifts
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient[c] in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given[d] to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have[e] regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Betty

July 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

They Knew Him, Yet They Did Not

Mark 4:39-41
New King James Version
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace,[a] be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

When Jesus calmed the sea, the disciples had already seen Jesus perform miracles, and yet they became fearful of Him. It is easy for us to look at that and judge them, yet if we were in Church and saw a person healed of blindness, we may also react in fear.

Acknowledging that God can raise the dead is also acknowledging that God with one word could stop the heart of everyone in the room. God has the power to give life and to take it.

In a world that so many have reduced God’s powers and abilities in their own eyes, there would be great fear if God appeared in all of His Glory. Sadly, the Bible makes it clear that even then people would not repent of their sins. If in the presence of God mankind could speak, they would make excuses for their sins and try to convince God, that He is wrong about sin.

This is how evil mankind has become. They have embraced sin so long and brought out sins, that should be hidden, into the light of day. They have celebrations of sin wrapped in a flag of pride.

Do we know God? There is a difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge.

Matthew 15:8 New King James Version

‘These people [a]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.

Let us draw to God and sincerely seek to know God.
Betty