morning blessings

Betty

June 6, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

The Twelve Spies

Numbers 13 Spies Sent into Canaan
13 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Send men to spy out the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the children of Israel; from each tribe of their fathers you shall send a man, every one a leader among them.”

Go command Moses to send 12 spies out to spy out the land of Cannon.
The twelve all saw and experienced the same thing, but only two had faith in God.

Numbers 13:
26 Now they departed and came back to Moses and Aaron and all the congregation of the children of Israel in the Wilderness of Paran, at Kadesh; they brought back word to them and to all the congregation, and showed them the fruit of the land. 27 Then they told him, and said: “We went to the land where you sent us. It truly [g]flows with milk and honey, and this is its fruit. 28 Nevertheless the people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large; moreover we saw the descendants of Anak there. 29 The Amalekites dwell in the land of the South; the Hittites, the Jebusites, and the Amorites dwell in the mountains; and the Canaanites dwell by the sea and along the banks of the Jordan.”
30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.”
31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we.” 32 And they gave the children of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature. 33 There we saw the [h]giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Caleb and Joshua were ready to go to battle knowing that God would bring them victory. The other ten sowed doubt and fear into hearts of the people. The ten chose not to trust God and they riled up the people to also doubt God.

Numbers 14 New King James Version
Israel Refuses to Enter Canaan
14 So all the congregation lifted up their voices and cried, and the people wept that night. 2 And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, “If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness! 3 Why has the Lord brought us to this land to [a]fall by the sword, that our wives and children should become victims? Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?” 4 So they said to one another, “Let us select a leader and return to Egypt.”

These people had seen of heard of the miracles of God. God bringing them out of Egypt. God parting the red sea. God providing mana and meat from the heavens. They knew what God was capable of, yet they chose to disbelieve that God would bring them to victory in Canaan.
God’s anger arose against the people but only Moses' prayer saved them from sudden death. Because of their disbelieve, only Caleb and Joshua would enter into Canaan.

Death Sentence on the Rebels
26 And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, 27 “How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who complain against Me? I have heard the complaints which the children of Israel make against Me. 28 Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you: 29 The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above. 30 Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I [g]swore I would make you dwell in. 31 But your little ones, whom you said would be victims, I will bring in, and they shall [h]know the land which you have despised. 32 But as for you, your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness. 33 And your sons shall be [j]shepherds in the wilderness forty years, and bear the brunt of your infidelity, until your carcasses are consumed in the wilderness. 34 According to the number of the days in which you spied out the land, forty days, for each day you shall bear your [k]guilt one year, namely forty years, and you shall know My [l]rejection. 35 I the Lord have spoken this. I will surely do so to all this evil congregation who are gathered together against Me. In this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.’ ”
36 Now the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land, who returned and made all the congregation complain against him by bringing a bad report of the land, 37 those very men who brought the evil report about the land, died by the plague before the Lord. 38 But Joshua the son of Nun and Caleb the son of Jephunneh remained alive, of the men who went to spy out the land.

We can, too, forget the miracles that God jas done in our own lives and give into doubts and fear. Without faith, we cannot please God. We must choose to trust God in all circumstances, so we do not get led a stay, by the devil and his demons.

Hebrews 11:6 New King James Version
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Betty

Betty

June 7, 2021
Happy Monday,

“Have A Little Talk With Jesus”

When you wake up in the morning and before your feet hit the floor, take time to talk with God. Give God glory and praise even if it is just bits and pieces of Hymns and Praise and Worship songs, that you remember. Like the old Hymn says: “Have a little talk with Jesus”

This will start your day on good footing and your praises to God will lift up your spirit with joy and peace. As we begin to regularly spend time with God, our relationship with God will grow stronger.

When unexpected things happen you will be less likely to panic, because you have already opened up communication with God. In these times we need our faith built up and prayer and worshipping God will do this.
Betty

Betty

June 8, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“What Might Have Been?”

My dear friends, too many of us or living in a land of what might have been. That land is not reality. Indeed, this is not the reality that we prayed and dreamed of. It does not even matter that this reality may have been achieved by corruptible actions. It is still our reality.

We must accept that what happened is what God allowed. His reason is above our pay grade. We must stop wasting our time on what might have been and seek God’s face so that we can work for God in our present circumstances

God has a plan and He will reveal His plan in His time. For now, we must live in faith. Trust in God and live faithfully for God and He will direct our path.
Betty

Betty

June 9, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Why Are We Still Here?

All Christians at times must wonder, why hasn't God come and caught us up to Heaven, yet?. For now it is God’s plan for us to be on this earth. He wants not to just occupy, but to work for Him. Everyone of us has a Mission for God. If we ask, God will tell us.

Everyone can pray for others. Some have the gift of encouragement. Some can be Sunday School teachers. Some can call others or send cards. Let us all seek to do the will of God as we wait for the rapture.
Betty

Ephesians 4:7-16
Spiritual Gifts
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:
“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”
9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also [d]first descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the [e]edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Betty

June 10, 2021
Happy Thursday,

“Fill My Cup, Lord”

Just as we check the gas gauge on our car regularly, so we do not end up on the side on the road out of gas, we should check out the spiritual gauge. Many things in this life can cause us to become low spiritually. It seems sometimes that troubles come in three and this can overwhelm us.
Sickness can make us weak physically and spiritually. Sin can also move us from further from God.

It is good to take an assessment of ourselves and ask God to help us to see where we stand. We may need physical healing and rest. We may need to revalue the health of our souls. When we find ourselves lacking spiritually, pray for the Holy Spirit fill out souls to overflowing.

Let us pray that we finish this race on fire for God and living in His will.
Betty

Religious Music – Fill My Cup, Lord lyrics

Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy;
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from my well that never shall run dry".

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more--
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

There are millions in this world who are craving
The pleasures earthly things afford;
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.

Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

So, my brother, if the things this world gave you
Leave hungers that won't pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you,
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray:

Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole

Betty

June 11, 2021
Happy Friday,

Listening to God and Others

A question we should ask ourselves: “Am I willing to listen to God and others?” We can get caught up in our own beliefs that we do not listen to the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit. When God sends others to speak truth in our lives, we can ignore that too.

We must be careful that we do not allow the world’s views to lead us away from the truth of God’s Holy Word. Just because some scripture is no longer popular into day’s world, does not change God’s opinion on sin.

So how do we know when to listen to the voices speaking in the world today or ignore them. We compare the voices with Scripture. God is not going to speak to you, anything that contradicts Scripture. God’s view on sin is still the same today as when the Bible was written. God will not change His mind about sin to please today’s worldly views.

Hebrews 13:8
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

Betty

Betty

June 12, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Am I Properly Dressed?

Colossians 3:12 New King James Version
Character of the New Man
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

When we get dressed for the day, let us ask God to clothe us spiritually, so that we can represent Him properly in a fallen world. When we are spiritually dressed, we will find ourselves reacting to circumstances in love rather than in anger.

We cannot control the actions of others, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can react as God wants us to, with gentleness, kindness, and love. Begin each day with prayer that God will clothe you in His righteousness,
Betty

Betty

June 13, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Are You, Weary?

Matthew 11:28 New King James Version
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Are you weary and heavy-laden? Do you sometimes feel like giving up?
Congratulations, you have joined the camp of the Prophets and Apostles.
My friends, we all have times that we feel exhausted.

What did the men and women of God do? They went to God. He is the only one can give us the needed refreshment.

John 4:13 New King James Version
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,

Isaiah 44:3 New King James Version
3 For I will pour water on him who is thirsty,
And floods on the dry ground;
I will pour My Spirit on your descendants,
And My blessing on your offspring;

Let us seek God everyday for His Holy Spirit to fill us to overflowing, then ask God to help us to find ways to share His grace and love with others.
Do not give up. We are so close to the end. Heaven will be worth everything we did for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

Betty

June 14, 2021
Happy Monday,

“Let The Little Children Come To Me”

Matthew 19:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Even as adults and even older adults we can go to God as a little child, seeking His face for our supplications. Whether it is answers to our many questions or just for guidance, comfort, or peace of mind.

Just as little children have so many questions for their parents and their loving parents take the time to answer all of them, so does God delight in our seeking for knowledge from Him. Even if God does not answer our questions at times, there is joyful fellowship to be had, spending time in the presence of our God and Savior.

Take the time to spend time with God, not just for answers to our desires and needs but just to experience His mercy and love for us.
Betty

“Promise #165:
Call out to Me and I will show you wonderful things you do not know.

Jeremiah 33:3 (WEB)
Call to me, and I will answer you, and will show you great things,
and difficult, which you don’t know.”

Betty

June 15, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Press In To God

In these last days of grace, there are two types of Christians. There are those who live deaf and blind to the meaning to these days. They pay no attention to the growth of the fig tree (Israel) and the gathering of nations against Her. There are others that have opened their eyes and hearts to the spiritual reality of what is going on around them.

2 Peter 3 New King James Version
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The devil would love for us to take our eyes off the soon rapture and just live for today. To seek fulfillment in possessions and positions of power, ignoring the greater gift of living and doing the will of God.

Christians who refuse to see the signs of God will be taken unaware when the rapture occurs. They will face God with the knowledge that did not live up to the potential that God has planned for them. Sadly, it will be too late
to work for God.

Be Steadfast
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

We must choose to live steadfastly and faithfully for God. Keeping our eyes and hearts open to what is happening around us so that the rapture does not overcome us like a thief in the night.
Betty

Betty

June 16, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Ask God For Strength

We all deal with things that we do not talk about with others. While somethings would reveal a confidence so must keep these to ourselves, we should and must talk to God. Carrying out burdens and helping others carry theirs can drain us physically and emotionally, even though God told us to share the burdens of others. When we go to God, and ask Him to refreshen and strengthen us, He will.

It is an honor to pray for others, but also pray that God will give us the faith and strength to do so. When the opportunity arises, seek to encourage one another in our faith in Jesus.
Betty

Betty

June 19, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Mourning

“Promise #170:
I will give you a garment of praise in exchange for your spirit of heaviness.

Isaiah 61:3 (WEB)
to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they may be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.”

We mourn many thing in this life. We mourn the loss of a loved one, loss of a relationship, and loss of our health are just a few. Suffering loss can take us into depression. God wants us, instead, to reach our to Him. Cry out to Him for comfort and strength to carry on.

Even in great loss, God has not abandoned us. He is with us. When Elijah was surrounded by his enemies, he cried out to God, to open the eyes of his servant, so He could see that they were surround by God’s Army that out numbered their enemies.

In times of great stress, cry out to God to open our eyes so that we can see that God is covering us with His wings. The devil is a liar. We can stand with the help of God and we can be overcomers even in times of mourning.
Betty

Betty

June 20, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

Today, will bring out mixed emotions. Many of us do not have our Fathers with us anymore. Of course, we miss them dearly. Some Father’s have lost a child. Whatever the situation, we can count on God, providing comfort.

Thank you to every Father who is bringing up their children in Church and teaching them how to live in righteousness. You are raising the next generation. God bless the dads and Happy Father’s Day.
Betty

Betty

June 23, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Faithfulness

• English word origin: Latin fides < assumed Indo-European bheidh- (to trust, have faith in, abide in).
* Definition: The quality of being faithful. ...
* Synonyms for faithfulness: true, constant, loyal, steadfast, devoted, staunch, and trusty. ...
* The Greek word found in Galatians 5:22 is pistis, which at its root is about holding fast or steady. ...

God wants His children to be faithful children. This is not too much to be asked to do. If our mate was the most devoted, generous, and kind, 27 days of the month but spent three day of the month with a lover, our relationship would soon end.

God will not tolerate ‘Sunday only Christians’. We cannot be God’s children on Sunday and the devil’s children the rest of the week. The Bible says we cannot serve two masters. We must make a choice. If we live like the devil all week, we might as well stay home on Sunday. If we choose to live in sin, our prayers and worship will never reach the ears of God.

Children of God, let us choose to live for God, faithfully.
Betty

Betty

June 24, 2021
Happy Thursday,

React in Gentleness

Titus 3:1-8 New King James Version
Graces of the Heirs of Grace
3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Let us be honest, there are times we want to react with aggression. When we feel as if we are a victim, our defenses becomes armed. Children of God, we do not have to live in a state of victimhood. When we feel offended or attacked, go to God, and talk to Him about our situation. Take it to God and ask Him to give you a heart of compassion, gentleness, and love.

Seek emotional healing from our Heavenly Father. When God heals our pain, then we can begin to share the love of God with others.
Betty

Betty

June 25, 2021
Happy Friday,

Trust in God
There are some things we will not understand, this side of Heaven. My friends, God is not always going to explain things to us. He has called us to walk in faith. We do not know what lies ahead, specifically. What we must remember is to comfort ourselves with the knowledge that God knows all things.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

We must choose to wall in faith in all circumstances. Whatever path God takes is through, He will be with us.

Isaiah 43:2 New King James Version
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Betty

June 26, 2021
Happy Saturday,

He Hears Us

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

We all have had times when we are talking to someone and it soon becomes obvious that they are not listening. Most of us have been guilty of this. The other person says something that sparks a memory and our mind is off on a rabbit hunt.

We will never have this problem with God. He always listens to His children. He is concern about our dreams, needs, and fears. It does not matter that He has heard them before, He still will attend His ears toward us. Take comfort in the knowledge that He is always there for us.
Betty

Betty

June 27, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Are We Watching For The Signs?

2 Timothy 3 New King James Version
Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Luke 21:11

“And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

The world sees signs in Nature, but they are under the illusion that mankind can fix Nature. What the Bible calls sin, mankind has glorified.
Just as in the days of Noah, mankind is living each day as if the world keeps going and with the help of themselves they can fix everything.

Sadly, too many Christians are so attached to this world they refuse to see the signs. Too many preachers are seeking to teach their flock how to fix the world’s problems rather than warn the flock of the coming judgment. Too many are like Lot’s wife who was more concerned about the place she was leaving and not concerned about where she was going.

Christians, let us keep our eyes on Jesus and our heart's longing for the rapture. We should be looking forward to the blessed hope. God help us to refrain from sin and to instead seek to live righteous lives. Be not overcome by sin but live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

Betty

June 28, 2021
Happy Monday,

Fear Not, Little Sheep!

“Promise #179:
I will rescue you from evil and safely deliver you into My kingdom.

2 Timothy 4:18 (WEB)
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work,
and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom;
to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen”

Just because evil is abounding, it does not mean that God has forsaken us. In a world where evil is celebrated, let us choose to celebrate the goodness of our Heavenly Father. Abstain from evil and choose to serve God in holiness. For the reality is, that every day, we must make a choice as to which voice to listen to. We must choose to listen to the Holy Spirit and ignore the many voices of evil, that surrounds us.

This world has chosen to give in to their fleshly desires and shut up their ears to the call of the Holy Spirit. They have chosen to live in sin and unless they repent, they will die in their sins.

We must seek to walk close to God and seek to walk in His will. We will not accidently walk in Spirit and truth, we have to make the choice to do so. Today God has lead my heart to speak about choices. May God help us to choose wisely and live daily in His will.
Betty