morning blessings

Betty

February 12, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

We both had a bad night trying to sleep. I woke up with a cold. Everyone has bad nights. The devil likes to deny us sleep. When we are our short on sleep, we tend to be out of sorts and impatient. This does not have to be so. We can pray that God will help us not to take our lack of sleep out on others.

Silence can be a great way of keeping ourselves out of trouble. This way we keep are angry thoughts from leaving our mouth. Often a smile is the only response needed. If someone gets catty with you, don't respond in kind. Often the best response is to pretend we did not notice and go on our way.

We do not have to spread anger. Let it stop with us by not responding in turn. When we get back in our cars, then we can talk to God about the situation. Let God cover us with His grace, comfort, and love.

Proverbs 15:1 King James Version (KJV)15 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Let us not stir the pot of discord, but pray that we can live in peace with one another, including strangers we deal with.

Betty

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
when we accept our circumstances in grace, God will give us peace of mind and heart.
Just wanted to pick this out of Monday's blog. This is possibly the most important lesson a Christian can learn. Betty, each day your blessings are full of God's truth, but this little nugget really stood out. Thank you for being obedient to God, despite your suffering. Through you, God blesses and instructs us.

Judy4Jesus

Just wanted to pick this out of Monday's blog. This is possibly the most important lesson a Christian can learn. Betty, each day your blessings are full of God's truth, but this little nugget really stood out. Thank you for being obedient to God, despite your suffering. Through you, God blesses and instructs us.
Amen!! I truly agree! And thank our Sister Betty too! :hug
:pray ers that you and hubby rest soo much better tonight too! :hug

Betty

February 13, 2020

Happy Thursday,

God Is Our Salvation

Psalm 24:4-5 King James Version (KJV)

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Even Christians can get caught up in the belief that somehow we can earn our salvation. God makes it strongly clear no matter how righteous we live, or self-righteous we attempt to live, no one will go to Heaven because of their own righteousness. If we are honest with ourselves we will admit, at least to our bathroom mirror that we like sheep are prone to wander into sin.

We make excuses for our sharp tongue, a tendency to gossip and to hold grudges against others. Yet we judge others for the same sins. We can have clean hands and a pure heart when we choose to live the way God is leading us to do. When we are hurt by another forgive them even if they do not ask for forgiveness. Pray for those who with their words abuse us and spread gossip about us. When we do so this, God will keep bitterness from growing in our hearts.

What a wonderful blessing it is to live for God out of our love for Him. To feel His peace, when we choose to forgive others. Each day we can live in joy knowing that Jesus is coming for His children soon. Until then may God help us to live to please our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty

February 15, 2020

Happy Saturday,

Our Name Engraved

I got an offer to have my name engraved on a gold plated sign to be posted at the President’s office for a donation. Noting against the President I voted for him and plan to again. Having my name engraved in someone's office is not something I strive for.

There is one place that is paramount that my name be written and that is in the Book of Life. Accommodation in this world will one day pass away. It is what is done for God that will last. My sister is very talented and often works for hours making decorations for Church events and others. While at the time the person appreciates her work they soon forget it but because she does the work out of her love for God her real reward will come in Heaven.

This is why God tells us to make sure our motivation for working hard should be to please Him and to help grow His Kingdom. God never forgets our hard labor.

Betty

ItIsFinished!

Yup.
Immediately stood out for me as well.
And, yes, a nice nugget ;)

Sister Betty , we LOVE YOU and your words of wisdom.
Glory awaits sweet friend.

I want to add that Proverbs 15:1 is one of the most powerful verses in Scripture.
I practice it quite often (especially nowadays) and it has blessed me.

Last edited:

Betty

February 18, 2020

Tuesday,

Do People Know I Am A Christian?

If people who knew me were asked if I was a Christian, what would they say? Am I living my life in a way that others can see Jesus in me? When merchants deal with me would they find my behavior rude and offense?

These are the questions we should ask ourselves. The other day we were checked out by a person who was rude to the person in front of us and us. We chose to stay calm and kind. When we got to the car we discussed the lady and both agreed it would be unChristian for us to act in kind. We did not know if the lady was tired or in pain.

It is easy to repay others the way they treated us. It is so much better to be kind. We all have bad days would we want someone to treat us unkindly? Jesus would tell us to pray for the person who was rude to us. We should pray every day that we treat others with kindness and gentleness.

I have addressed the subject before but I needed reminding that I want Jesus to shine through my life. These days people are rushed and tempers are easily released on others. Christians need to pray that God will help us to allow Jesus to shine through our lives.

Betty

Betty

February 19, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

Seven Things God Hates?

Proverbs 6:16-19 King James Version (KJV)

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I awoke at 4.a.m. Hurting and decided to pray about what my blog should be today. Here I am. It is important for us to know what God hates. We need to avoid these that commit these sins, especially on a regular lifestyle. Our habits are often picked up by those we hang out with regularly.

These 7 sins lead to more and more sins. The person committing them often refuses to listen to the conviction of the Holy Spirit, causing their hearts to hardened and their ears no longer hear the call of the Holy Spirit.

What Does God Love?

1. A cheerful giver

2 Corinthians 9:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

1. The world

John 3:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1. Justice

Psalm 11:7 New International Version (NIV)For the Lord is righteous,

he loves justice;

the upright will see his face.

Psalm 37:28 New American Standard Bible (NASB)For the Lord loves [a]justiceAnd does not forsake His godly ones;

They are preserved forever,

But the descendants of the wicked will be cut off.

1. Righteousness

Psalm 146:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)The Lord opens the eyes of the blind;The Lord raises up those who are bowed down;

The Lord loves the righteous;

1. Christians

1 John 4:15-16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [a]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

John 16:27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

1. Non-Christians

1 John 4:10-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another

Romans 5:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1. Those who love Him

Deuteronomy 7:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps [a]His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

1. Those who keep His Commandments

Deuteronomy 7:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps [a]His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

1. Those who pursue Godlessness

Proverbs 15:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,But He loves one who pursues righteousness.

1. Those who fear Him

Psalm 103:11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)For as high as the heavens are above the earth,So great is His lovingkindness toward those who [a]fear Him.

So, my friends, we do know how to please God. We know what sins to avoid and we know to pray that God will help us walk-in Righteousness. May Prayers and Blessings be given unto you.

Betty

P.S. Still feeding the birds and squirrels

Betty

Thursday

February 20, 2020

God is Love

1 John 4:16 New King James Version (NKJV)16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

God is love. God wants us to abide in Him and He in us. The problem is not God, it is us. We must choose to walk in the truths of God. Satan makes sin normal and acceptable. Hubby and I saw a drug company advertisement for medication for aids. The ad ended with two men kissing. What's next, commercials with transgenders?

This ad was not to make old people accept homosexual relations. This ad is to influence children and young people to accept what is an abomination to God as normal behavior.

21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:21-26)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. – Leviticus 20:13

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. – 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

It is not a question of judging homosexuals. The Bible is talking about God’s judgment on sinners. Our job is to warn sinners if they reject our warning then we keep praying for them.

The two worse sins of today are homosexuality and abortion. Yet many are marching in parades glorifying their sins against God. My friends, we are indeed living in the last days. Sin is running rampant all over the world. This is a sign to Christians to be looking for the rapture.

Betty

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

RestInHim

Losing what I first wrote made me very nervous. I spent thirty minutes trying to find out how to bring what I had accidentally cut from my notes. I was not able to remember the first one I wrote. Maybe it was God’s will for me to write the other one. I do feel peace about it.
Betty
I do the same Betty as I struggle to remember what I wrote or what I read, my brain struggles so much. I've lost things I've written too and I too am learning to not be so anxious or frustrated with times like these and to allow God to give me peace in the midst of these trying times. He knows our struggles and I also know that when He wants me to remember His word or what He wants me to say, He is faithful to do that.

Thank you Betty
LOVE YOU
HUGS

:pray:pray :hug

RestInHim

Will be praying for your daughter and son. My son said the same thing to me years ago, that I embarrass him and my daughter has not talked to me since I took her to dinner 15 years ago and asked her during our dinner conversation how her walk with the Lord was going and if there was anything I could pray for her. There is nothing we can do but pray for them, and pray their hearts will soften so the Holy Spirit can counsel and convict.
Praying for all of our children :pray :pray :hug and for the Lord to strengthen our hearts to trust Him for He knows. Just yesterday as I called my parents and spoke with my father the Holy Spirit led me to share more with him about my faith "again", as I have shared with him several times over the course of 20 years. He hears our prayers and is working to bring them to Himself.

Betty

Friday

February 21, 2020

Losing Hope

All Christians are capable of losing hope. We can become overworked physically causing us to be susceptible to doubts and fears. Others can plant weeds in our lives, causing us to doubt the love God has for us. Sin can cause us to lose sight of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Titus 1:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

We need not fear when we remember to put on the whole armor of God. When troubles come our way, it is easy to feel that God has forgotten us. When we cry out to God, He will comfort us. He will give us peace.

John 16:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 14:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The peace God gives, the world cannot steal from us if we keep our faith steady in God’s saving grace. Our hope lies in a God that walks with us daily and He will welcome us to Heaven one day.

Romans 5:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 1:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Press on my brothers and sisters, in Christ. It will not be long until to Jesus calls His children home to Heaven.

Betty

****************/SnJ2q9df1pw

Last edited: