morning blessings

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
January 15, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

When I am walking in darkness remind me that you have never forsaken me nor shall you ever forsake me. When I feel misunderstood, remind me that you know me better then I know myself. When my load is too heavy for me remind me to take my burdens to you.

As my journey takes me to strange and unknown lands help to remember that you are going before me and beside me. I did not choose this road for myself, but I trust you, God, enough to know the there is a reason for this particular road. I may not understand Your choice but I can trust Your will, all of my days.
AMEN!!!

Thank you for this beautiful prayer, Betty. We all need to pray it.

Betty

January 16, 2020

Happy Thursday,

”In Times Like These”

There will be times in our Spiritual journey that we will feel that God has abandoned us. If we allow satan he will pull us away from God. We must remember God is with us. In these times resist the lies of the devil and cling to God. Our Heavenly Father is our anchor. He will hold us steady in the midst of high winds.

The devil seeks to hide the Son from us, but Jesus has not left you. As you cry out to God, we will begin to see Our Savior walking beside us. We choose how closely we walk with God. The closer we choose to walk with God the more we will feel the Holy Spirit moving in our lives. We must choose to pray every day, seeking God’s Will in our daily lives.

Betty

In Times Like These Lyrics

In times like these you need a Savior,

In times like these you need an anchor;

Be very sure, be very sure,

Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

This Rock is Jesus, Yes He's the One,
This Rock is Jesus, the only One;

In times like these you need the Bible,

In times like these, O be not idle;

In times like these I have a Savior,

In times like these I have an anchor;

I'm very sure, I'm very sure

My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
January 15, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

When I am walking in darkness remind me that you have never forsaken me nor shall you ever forsake me. When I feel misunderstood, remind me that you know me better then I know myself. When my load is too heavy for me remind me to take my burdens to you.

As my journey takes me to strange and unknown lands help to remember that you are going before me and beside me. I did not choose this road for myself, but I trust you, God, enough to know the there is a reason for this particular road. I may not understand Your choice but I can trust Your will, all of my days.

Betty
Amen!

Betty

January 17, 2020

Happy Friday,

Probation Period

Luke 23:43 King James Version (KJV)43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Often when we get a new job, we are put on probation. During this time we our job is temporary. The way we work will determine how long our job will be. When Jesus was on the cross, He was still concerned about sinners.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

When one of the two men on crosses reached out to Jesus with a repented heart, God saved his soul. God did not offer him probation but full salvation.

When we fall and fail God, the devil will say our salvation is lost. The Holy Spirit whispers His invitation for us to come home to God and repeat. Only self-pride can keep us from seeking forgiveness.

We have no right to feel self-righteous at any time. The Bible says that our righteousness is filthy rags in the eyes of God. Just think how filthy we are when we sin. When we sin, we do not enter into the throne of God with self-pride. We enter with a repentive heart.

Let us pray that we will finish our rest with a humble spirit and a gentle heart. May we still be praying for lost souls all the way to the end of our lives here on earth. In these hard times remember the best is yet to come. Our new home awaits on the other side.

Betty

Betty

January 18, 2020

Happy Saturday,

We had lunch with our son, his wife, and their baby. Little Savannah is such a happy baby. There is joy in being around a happy baby. God wants His children to have joyful hearts. Even though we may have problems and sickness in our lives, we can have joy in our hearts.

We have joy knowing that God is always with us. He is with us in good times and in bad. We can have joy even in sickness, knowing that our situation is for the glory of God. Most of all we can have joy knowing our future is in God’s hands and when this life is over we will be with Jesus in Heaven forever.

Betty

Betty

January 19, 2020

Blessed Sunday,

”Why Has Thou Forgotten Me”

When Jesus was on the cross, there was a time that God turned away from Jesus. When God placed the sins of the world on the back of Jesus, He could no longer look at Jesus. Up until that point, Jesus had never felt what it was like not to feel the presence of God. This was a dramatic painful moment for Jesus.

Matthew 27:46 King James Version (KJV)46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus agreed to have our sins placed on Himself, but there was no way He could understand in advance how painful mankind’s sins would be. No way He could understand the pain of God turning away from Jesus. The pain was almost unbearable, yet Jesus bore that pain because He loved mankind.

This pain we are not capable of understanding. Even when we suffer guilt for our personal sin does not compare to the suffering of bearing the sins of all of mankind. We need to remind ourselves of the sacrifice that Jesus made in choosing to bear the sins of all so He could bring salvation to mankind. Those who refuse salvation and hardened their hearts so they cannot feel guilt over their sins take a chance on losing their chance of salvation.

What a great blessing it is to be forgiven of our sins and have a personal relationship with God! Life may not be perfect but we know God is with us every day and we rejoice in the knowledge that eternity in Heaven awaits us.

Betty

Betty

January 20, 2020

Happy Monday,

24 hours in a day. 24 hours for good, bad, fair, and tragic things to happen. Yet, we can trust God all 24 hours of a day. He is watching over us even as we sleep. He knows what is going to happen tomorrow so we can lay down and sleep in peace knowing, whatever happens, He will be with us. We take for granted His faithfulness in being there for us always.

Psalm 4:8 King James Version (KJV)8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

John 16:33 King James Version (KJV)33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 14:17 King James Version (KJV)17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

We can rejoice in the peace that God gives us in this life and our future hope of peace for eternity.

Betty

Betty

January 21, 2020

Happy Tuesday,

”I Have Chosen You”

John 15:16 King James Version (KJV)16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Christianity is not a Religion, it is a relationship with God. It marvels the mind to realize that God knew us and chose us before we were born. He chose us knowing we would fail Him. He knew there would be times we would willfully sin. Yet, He never gives up on us. Time again and again, He calls us back and forgives us. We take no pride in the knowledge that God chose us. Instead, we are grateful to God for choosing us and loving us in spite of our many failures. Christians are indeed blessed people.

Betty

Betty

January 22, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

We Are to Seek Righteousness

Matthew 5:6 King James Version (KJV) 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

We will not find Righteousness unless we prayerfully seek after it. Seeking requires us to want it. God is not going to pour it down our throats against our will. We must want it enough to seek for it in prayer and Bible study.

Matthew 6:33 King James Version (KJV)33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

God says for us to seek Righteousness first and then God will provide our needs. This shows us just how important righteousness is to God. Our righteousness does not come from living right, on our own. It comes from the blood of Christ. It is impossible for a sinner to be righteous. When we seek the righteousness of God and seek to live in a way that is pleasing God, then we will live in Righteousness.

Ephesians 4:22-24 King James Version (KJV)22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Satan will tempt Christians to sin. Tempt us to live close to sin, trying to make us rationalize that a little sin won't hurt. This is not what the Bible says.

Galatians 5:9 New King James Version (NKJV)9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

My friend choose to live Holy and righteous lives, pleasing to our Heavenly Father

1 Timothy 6:11 King James Version (KJV)11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Betty

Betty

January 23, 2020

Happy Thursday,

If God wanted to, He could demand everyone worship Him and do His Will. The Bible says after the Second Coming, at the Judgement seat of God, every sinner will fall on their knees and declare that Jehovah is God. Until then He gives Christians and sinners a choice. He allows us to live the way we want.

Living our life the way we want to comes with consequences. We will reap what we sow. If we sow evil, we will reap evil. Christians are also allowed to live the way we want to. If we sowed for selfish reasons, our crop will burn away on the judgment Seat of Christ. If we sowed for the glory of God, we will be rewarded by God.

It is easy to get caught up with this life. We all have needs. There is nothing wrong with working so we can eat and have a roof over our heads. There is a special blessing when we work hard out of our love for Christ. We would not want someone to say of us: ”they say they are a Christian but they are the laziest worker I ever had”. Let it be said that we are good workers who do our best.

Many of us cannot do much in physical work because of our health, but we can pray for others. Bring Missionaries to the feet of Jesus. Give our praises to our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty

January 24, 2020

Happy Friday,

Going Home

The Reverend Jack Van Impee went home this week. He was one of the first Preachers I heard speak on end times. He sparked a fire in me to study end times, for this, I am truly grateful. He opened my eyes to the joys of Heaven like no one else had ever done before.

Studying the end times not only brings joy but fear for those left behind. This is why we should be praying for lost souls. We must remember that we can not save anyone ourselves. When it comes to our loved ones we may have the desire to grab them and shake the devil out of them, sadly this is impossible. So we must keep praying for loved ones.

It is not selfish to long for the rapture. The Church is the Bride of Christ. It is normal for the Bride to long for her Wedding Day, with great expectation. Our Wedding will take place in Heaven after the rapture. We cannot imagine the joys of that Day.

There may be hard times before the rapture happens but remember we will not walk these days alone. God will be with us and if we allow Him to, He will guide us. We can trust Him to see each day. Even death can it keep us from God.

Philippians 1:21 King James Version (KJV)21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Living should be our joy to work for the Kingdom and through death we enter into the very presence of Jesus. In all things and in everything we do should be for the glory of God. Remembering the joy of Heaven awaits us.

Betty

Betty

January 25, 2020

Happy Saturday,

Listening to a little bit from the impeachment hearing, this morning. It is discouraging to hear how evil the Democratic party, has become. We rarely hear the truth on television news, and yet, Hillary said the Democrats should control the news even more. I read about a leader in the SBC say that he wished his wife was a Democrat and more like Hilliary. Being a Southern Baptist for over 20 years, this breaks my heart. Recently, started attending a small none demonatial Church.

The devil has his hands in so many Churches. The Bible warned us in the last days' people would seek Preachers who tickled their ears. It is bad enough that many Churches no longer preach or teach about sin, but too many Churches are condoning sin. ’Christian’ preachers and teachers are leading people to hell while filling their pockets with money. Earthly prestige will not open the doors to Heaven. Sadly too many religious leaders are selling their own souls for fame and money. My heart cries out:”Come quickly, Lord Jesus”.

Betty

Betty

January 26, 2020

Blessed Sunday,

Where Does My Help Come From

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV)121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

When we realize that we can trust God with our very lives, we can be at peace.

What if we get hurt? God will be with us through the healing process, comforting us and giving us peace of mind. Sadly sometimes God has to get us off our feet to get us to pray and read His Holy Bible.

What if we get a disease there is no cure? God may choose to heal us or He may use our sickness for His Glory. Either way, God will be with us until we take our last breath. When we place our complete trust in God we can live in peace whatever our state we are in.

There are times that God takes us through the fire, remember gold goes through fire and comes out pure. God is not trying to be mean to us but to make us spiritually pure. It is okay to cry. Cry out to God as many times a day as you need to. God never grows tired of our prayers to Him. God will give us strength and sustain us through the bad times. Even in times of distress, we can rejoice of the knowledge that Jesus is coming for His children.

Philippians 4:4-8 King James Version (KJV)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Betty