morning blessings

Betty

January 6, 2020

Happy Monday

Past, Future, and Present

The Past

The past can be an encouragement. When things are bad, we can remember the many times God gave us victory over our trials. Our past can be a reminder that we lived through bad times. Unfortunately, the devil can also use our past to torture us in the present. He likes to remind us of our failures and sins. This is when we remind the devil that God has forgiven our sins. We gleam the past for encouragement and leave our forgiven sin, where it belongs in the past.

The Future

Our future in Heaven is a great way to encourage ourselves in the present. We must remember that we cannot live in the future. We encourage ourselves knowing that one day we will be in Heaven, but we must live in the present.

The Present

This is the era of time that we live for God. It is too late to work in the past and the future is beyond us. Today is the time to strive to grow spiritually. This is the time that we press onward towards our rewards in Heaven. If we have not received redemption from our sins, now is the time to repent of our sins and turn our and walk in the redemption power of the Lord Jesus.

2 Corinthians 6:2 New Living Translation (NLT)

2 For God says,

“At just the right time, I heard you.

On the day of salvation, I helped you.”[a]

Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Betty

Betty

January 7, 2020

Happy Tuesday

Perfect

There are so many Scriptures talking about Christians achieving perfection. These always bother me, because I know I will never be perfect. Today I heard Pastor Adrain Rodgers, on the radio, talking about a definition of perfect that I had never heard of.

Definition of perfect (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb: to bring to final form

God is not calling us to be perfect but to grow and mature in Him. We are not surprised when we see a two-year-old throw themselves on the floor in a temper fit. Yet, if a teenager did so, we would be shocked. We expect a different level of maturity of a teenager over a two-year-old. Just as God expects different behavior from a Christian of 20 years from a Christian of a year. How sad it must be when God sees a child of His that should be more mature in their faith acting like a babe in Christ.

I have talked about before how some Christians are content to live their whole Christian life as a babe in Christ. Just as there are pains in physical growth, there are also pains in Spiritual growth. When we choose to stay a babe in Christ, we are cheating ourselves of a more mature relationship with God. We are also cheating ourselves out of spiritual rewards on earth and in Heaven.

Matthew 5:48 King James Version (KJV)48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luke 8:14 King James Version (KJV)14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

John 17:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

2 Corinthians 13:11 King James Version (KJV)11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Ephesians 4:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Brothers and sisters in the Lord, let us begin each day praying that we will grow spiritually and grow mature in the Lord Jesus. Not so that we can be prideful but that God can use us more for His Kingdom.

Betty

Betty

January 8, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

Ressurection of the Saints

Ressurection is not just something that appeared in the New Testament. God gave Job assurance that he would see God in a brand new body.

Job 19:25-27 King James Version (KJV)

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

I just learned this today. What a wonderful realization to learn that God had a plan from the very beginning to redeem sinners and provide a way for them to spend eternity in His presence. The love that God has for mankind is beyond our ability to comprehend.

We get caught up, focusing on our problems and we are not about to see the truth. The truth that our suffering on earth is just a drop in time, compared to an eternity in Heaven. Wherein there will be no pain, no tears, and no sin. When we focus on eternity we can bear our cross and have complete trust in God.

Betty

****************/C9kllFr7jlQ

Betty

January 9, 2020

Happy Thursday,

Knowing God

Pleasing your mate requires you know them intimately. Knowing them better than others. You need to know their likes and dislikes. Knowing what makes them happy. It takes time and effort to know someone intimately. For us to know God takes an effort on our part. If the only time we open our Bibles is on Sunday, how can we really know God? If our knowledge of God is only what others tell us, we will not have a heart knowledge of God.

We learn who God is by studying His Holy Word. We develop a relationship with God through daily communication with Him. The more communication with God, the stronger our love grows for God. The more we love Him, the more time we want to spend with Him. A healthy growing relationship with God should be our heart’s desire.

Betty

Judy4Jesus

January 9, 2020

Happy Thursday,

Knowing God

Pleasing your mate requires you know them intimately. Knowing them better than others. You need to know their likes and dislikes. Knowing what makes them happy. It takes time and effort to know someone intimately. For us to know God takes an effort on our part. If the only time we open our Bibles is on Sunday, how can we really know God? If our knowledge of God is only what others tell us, we will not have a heart knowledge of God.

We learn who God is by studying His Holy Word. We develop a relationship with God through daily communication with Him. The more communication with God, the stronger our love grows for God. The more we love Him, the more time we want to spend with Him. A healthy growing relationship with God should be our heart’s desire.

Betty
Ohhhh...TO KNOW HIM!!! ❤❤ \O/ \o/

Betty

January 10, 2020

Desires of the Heart

We are often guilty of saying that God wants to give us the desires of our hearts. The truth is many times the desires of our hearts are carnal and can lead us astray.

Jeremiah 17:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

We should be praying that God will give us the desires of His Heart. The desire of God for our lives is far better than we can ever dream or hope for. When we choose God’s will over our own we chose what is the best.

Psalm 73:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Choosing God’s desires over our own is actually choosing what is best for us. Seeking to please God over our own desires will give us a better future. This is the opposite of what the world teaches. We live in a world that challenges us to do what makes us happy, what gives us satisfaction. Living for self may bring temporary satisfaction but the more we feed our selfish desires the more our hearts demand. A self-serving heart is never satisfied.

As a Christian, we will find fulfillment in living for God.

Psalm 65:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Proverbs 19:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Living for God does not mean we will not struggle but we will find satisfaction when we live in a way that is pleasing to God. The path that God chooses for us maybe rocky and rough but the end result will be fulfilling and lead us to a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty

January 11, 2020

Happy Saturday,

”What Would Jesus Do?”

Years ago it was popular to wear a bracelet that had letters on it that spelled ”What would Jesus do”? The idea behind it was well-meaning. In times of decisions, you look at the bracelet and remind yourself to only do what Jesus would do. The concept was good, but we need to take it a further step. We need to live every day in a way that is pleasing to God.

When we make it a habit to live our lives in a way to please God, we do not need a bracelet to remind us. Pleasing God will be like a second skin to us. This does not mean we will never go off rail. When we are living to please God, our hearts will grieve us immediately when we do, and we will be led to repent and seek restoration with God.

Betty

ItIsFinished!

January 11, 2020

Happy Saturday,

”What Would Jesus Do?”

Years ago it was popular to wear a bracelet that had letters on it that spelled ”What would Jesus do”? The idea behind it was well-meaning. In times of decisions, you look at the bracelet and remind yourself to only do what Jesus would do. The concept was good, but we need to take it a further step. We need to live every day in a way that is pleasing to God.

When we make it a habit to live our lives in a way to please God, we do not need a bracelet to remind us. Pleasing God will be like a second skin to us. This does not mean we will never go off rail. When we are living to please God, our hearts will grieve us immediately when we do, and we will be led to repent and seek restoration with God.

Betty
Amen.
And you are right, no one needs a bracelet to remind them.

Psalms 119:11 (KJV)
Thy word have I hid in mine heart , that I might not sin against thee .

Betty

January 12, 2020

Blessed Sunday,

Sing Praises to the Lord

Psalm 30:4 King James Version (KJV)4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Often in the Bible, we are encouraged to sing praises to God. This is something, David talked about often. Singing praises to God in all seasons,

good and bad. We sing in good days as a way of thanking God for giving us good days. We sing sacrifice of praise when things are bad, to encourage ourselves in the Lord.

Singing praises to God in the midst hard times may be done with tears running down your face but as you sing, God will begin to fill your heart with joy.

When my youngest sister died, for months I often cried when I sang songs of praise. Yet each time I did I felt God healing my heart, a little bit at a time.

Psalm 146 King James Version (KJV)

146 Praise ye the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul.

2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:

6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

7 Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The Lord looseth the prisoners:

8 The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous:

9 The Lord preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

10 The Lord shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the Lord.

The love of God for us is steady. Bad times do not mean that we have been forsaken by our Heavenly Father. Sometimes God chooses to heal on earth, sometimes He heals us in Heaven. It is so easy to want to question God on why He chose to heal us or our loved one in Heaven. We must remember that God knows all things. He is reasoning is far beyond our understanding. It takes strong faith in making it through a loss of one that we loved. Remember God said we must have faith in order to please God.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Cry out to God in the midst of suffering. He will hear our prayers. He will comfort us and help us to stand strong even in the Valley of death.

Betty

Betty

January 13, 2020

Happy Monday,

I spent an hour and a half writing my blog only to accidentally cut it. It is frustrating because I am not able to bring it back, despite all my trying. Just as words said in anger can never be taken back. In spite of all our apologies and our sorrow, we cannot erase what we have said. When we are hurt by others, our first reaction is to cut them with our words. God wants us to stop. This means for us to walk away. Better to say to the person, I will get back to you after I spend some quality time with God. If they insist on talking, walk away from them or hang up the phone. Do not allow someone to force you to speak when you are angry.

Ephesians 4:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

When we take our anger to God He can heal our anger before it turns to bitterness. We then can go to sleep in peace, knowing that God will give us the right words to say in love. Not only must we forgive, but we must choose not to dwell on the situation. When the devil brings us past hurts, remind him that you have forgiven the person through the power of the Holy Spirit.

We also have to forgive ourselves. Too many times, long after God has forgiven us, the devil will remind us of our past sins. We can form a habit where we persecute ourselves over past sins. Remind the devil that God has forgiven you. Listen to praise music to get the devil out of your head.

Betty

Betty

Losing what I first wrote made me very nervous. I spent thirty minutes trying to find out how to bring what I had accidentally cut from my notes. I was not able to remember the first one I wrote. Maybe it was God’s will for me to write the other one. I do feel peace about it.
Betty

Betty

January 14, 2020

Happy Tuesday,

Pride

A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor. Proverbs 29:23

Self-pride will keep a sinner from accepting salvation. It will also cause a Christian to fall into temptation. Self-pride causes a sinner not to see his need for salvation. Self-pride convinces a Christian that they are above sinning. Both sinner and Christian are wrong.

Proverbs 16:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

When we begin to think our spiritual growth is because of us. When we compare ourselves with other Christians and see ourselves as better than them we are headed for a fall. God allows us to fall so that we can see that any spiritual growth we have is from God.

Our eyes should be on Jesus and not on ourselves. Remember the heart is deceitful.

Jeremiah 17:9 King James Version (KJV)9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

This is why people can live in sin and feel no guilt. They have filled their hearts with self-pride and rejected the sweet whisper of the Holy Spirit until their hearts have become hardened. When we remember that the successes that we do have are because of the grace of God we are less likely to fall into the sin of pride.

Give all the glory to God. Praise him during good and bad times and our spiritual journey will be easier for us. It is hard to praise God when we are going through painful situations, but remind ourselves to sing praises to God. As we sing our hearts will open up and we will receive a blessing from God in the midst of the storm.

Betty

Judy4Jesus

January 14, 2020

Happy Tuesday,

Pride

A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor. Proverbs 29:23

Self-pride will keep a sinner from accepting salvation. It will also cause a Christian to fall into temptation. Self-pride causes a sinner not to see his need for salvation. Self-pride convinces a Christian that they are above sinning. Both sinner and Christian are wrong.

Proverbs 16:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

When we begin to think our spiritual growth is because of us. When we compare ourselves with other Christians and see ourselves as better than them we are headed for a fall. God allows us to fall so that we can see that any spiritual growth we have is from God.

Our eyes should be on Jesus and not on ourselves. Remember the heart is deceitful.

Jeremiah 17:9 King James Version (KJV)9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

This is why people can live in sin and feel no guilt. They have filled their hearts with self-pride and rejected the sweet whisper of the Holy Spirit until their hearts have become hardened. When we remember that the successes that we do have are because of the grace of God we are less likely to fall into the sin of pride.

Give all the glory to God. Praise him during good and bad times and our spiritual journey will be easier for us. It is hard to praise God when we are going through painful situations, but remind ourselves to sing praises to God. As we sing our hearts will open up and we will receive a blessing from God in the midst of the storm.

Betty
You're last 2 posts are both EXCELLENT, Miss Betty! Thank you, sister! :hug

Betty

January 15, 2020

Happy Wednesday,

When I am walking in darkness remind me that you have never forsaken me nor shall you ever forsake me. When I feel misunderstood, remind me that you know me better then I know myself. When my load is too heavy for me remind me to take my burdens to you.

As my journey takes me to strange and unknown lands help to remember that you are going before me and beside me. I did not choose this road for myself, but I trust you, God, enough to know the there is a reason for this particular road. I may not understand Your choice but I can trust Your will, all of my days.

Betty