morning blessings

Betty

December 29, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Turning the Page

A new year is coming and a new beginning to our lives. Sounds great! The reality is that we will be bringing baggage into the year. Grief does not stop because the calender marks a new year. The same illnesses and diseases we had in 2019 will carry on into 2020.

Things we can change are our attitude. We can seek God to help us through our grieving stage. We can realize what we cannot change and seek God to help us serve Him, in spite of our suffering. We can pray for God-given hope that will sustain us through the coming year. We can choose to seek the face of God each day to help us navigate the unchartered days ahead. We can lay our fears at the feet of Jesus, choosing to trust Him, instead.
Betty

HYMN
My Faith Looks Up To Thee Lyrics

My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
be wholly thine!

May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire!
As thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire!

While life's dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow's tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.

When ends life's transient dream,
when death's cold, sullen stream
shall o'er me roll;
blest Savior, then in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul!

Betty

December 31, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

New Year's Eve

Tonight people will be gathered together to say goodbye to 2019 and hello to 2020. At this point in many ways, 2020 is a blank slate. It is common for people to make New Year’s resolutions. The plan is to do better. To get rid of bad habits and make better habits. Change is hard and many find their New Year’s resolutions broken and laid aside by March.

Christians also promise to do better in the New Year. To read the Bible more and pray more. These promises are not often kept, either. The issue may be our motives behind our promises. Are we wanting to read the Bible more because we think the is what good Christians do? Are do we want to read the Bible more so we can know more about God? Do we want to pray more so we can strengthen our spiritual relationship with God?

Our motivations play a big role in how successful we will be. Before we make our resolutions let us examine our hearts and look to see what our heart’s desire is. Pray that God will examine our hearts and move us to make the changes He wants us to do.

It is better to read one chapter a day of the Bible and meditate on that chapter, then to rush through five chapters a day. A sincere pray from our heart is better than many words that are not heartfelt. We can grow more steady in the Lord when we acknowledge how marvelous is the God we serve and have a heart that longs to have a better relationship with our God and King.
Betty

Psalm 139:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Judy4Jesus

December 31, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

New Year's Eve

Tonight people will be gathered together to say goodbye to 2019 and hello to 2020. At this point in many ways, 2020 is a blank slate. It is common for people to make New Year’s resolutions. The plan is to do better. To get rid of bad habits and make better habits. Change is hard and many find their New Year’s resolutions broken and laid aside by March.

Christians also promise to do better in the New Year. To read the Bible more and pray more. These promises are not often kept, either. The issue may be our motives behind our promises. Are we wanting to read the Bible more because we think the is what good Christians do? Are do we want to read the Bible more so we can know more about God? Do we want to pray more so we can strengthen our spiritual relationship with God?

Our motivations play a big role in how successful we will be. Before we make our resolutions let us examine our hearts and look to see what our heart’s desire is. Pray that God will examine our hearts and move us to make the changes He wants us to do.

It is better to read one chapter a day of the Bible and meditate on that chapter, then to rush through five chapters a day. A sincere pray from our heart is better than many words that are not heartfelt. We can grow more steady in the Lord when we acknowledge how marvelous is the God we serve and have a heart that longs to have a better relationship with our God and King.
Betty

Psalm 139:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
An excellent post for New Year's eve, Betty! God bless you in the new year...may we fly into the arms of Jesus this year!! :pray

Betty

January 1, 2020
Happy New Year

New Beginnings

Today, we begin a New Year. Along with our New Resolutions to strive to have a Healthier body, let us strive to make other changes. We should work to have a better attitude. How many arguments are started because we enter a conversation with a bad attitude? Let us pray that God will give us a sweeter and kinder attitude towards others.

Pray that God will remove all anger and bitterness from our hearts so God’s love can shine through us to others. We never want to be the cause of someone turning away from their faith in Christ. Instead let others see the love of God in our words and actions.
Betty

Matthew 5:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Betty

January 1, 2020
Happy New Year

New Beginnings

Today, we begin a New Year. Along with our New Resolutions to strive to have a Healthier body, let us strive to make other changes. We should work to have a better attitude. How many arguments are started because we enter a conversation with a bad attitude? Let us pray that God will give us a sweeter and kinder attitude towards others.

Pray that God will remove all anger and bitterness from our hearts so God’s love can shine through us to others. We never want to be the cause of someone turning away from their faith in Christ. Instead let others see the love of God in our words and actions.
Betty

Matthew 5:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Betty

January 2, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Looking forward to walking with God through this new year. Lay aside your fear and pray for faith and courage to walk the path that God puts you on. With the world turning against Christianity this year we will have trials and persecution. Yet we can be assured that God will walk each step with us.

Pray that God will surround us with His protection and with His Angels surrounding us in the coming days and months. The more we trust God, the stronger our faith will grow. When we seek the face of God, He will fill our hearts and minds with His perfect peace.

1 John 4:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Luke 1:74 King James Version (KJV)
74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

John 14:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Betty

Betty

January 3, 2019
Happy Friday,

”How Can I Be Sure”
There was a love song named ”how can I be sure” that was popular in the late ’60s. The song questions the love of a girl. A Christian can be assured of many things when it comes to God. His love for us is secure and does not change. God’s promise to never leave or forsake us true.

The love between a man and a woman is not always true. Friends choose to leave us behind but we can always count on God. God will never forsake His children.

John 14:18 King James Version (KJV)18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Let us choose to be faithful and true to God. We want Him to be able to count on our love for Him. Make it one of our New Year’s resolutions this year, that we choose to faithful and steady with our faith in Christ.
Betty

Betty

January 4, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Seeking God’s Will

As a Christian, we should yearn to walk in the will of God. How do we walk in the will of God? We know God would never lead us into sin. Only the devil will lead us into anything that is against the Word of God.

We seek God in prayer. We pray for God to guide us each day. We can go through tough times and still be in God’s Will. Sometimes God uses things we see as bad to help us grow spiritually. By faith, we continue to trust God even when things are hard for us.

We are days in to a new year. Let us be determined to walk in God’s will. Even through hard times, we can be at peace, knowing God will never abandon us.
As we are faithful to God our faith will grow. Whatever happens this year, we can press onward, knowing Heaven awaits us.
Betty

Betty

January 5, 2020

Blessed Sunday

Discernment

Discernment is a tool Christians need more than ever. The Bible says in the last days many people do not want to hear the truth. I read yesterday that the Methodist Church is close to a split over the issue of gay marriage. To the world, this may seem trivial, but it is not so with God. Who gives mankind the right to change the Word of God? Is it a kindness to give sinners a false hope of Heaven? Under the heading of tolerance, sin is being accepted in Churches and by Pastors who should know the truth of the Gospel.

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

As a woman, it is hard to read ’silly’ women. Yet when I remember the crude and vulgar costumes women were wearing last year as they protested for the right to kill unborn babies, all I can say is ”God help us!” Christians are being encouraged to keep quiet about sin, to avoid offending anyone. How can we stand up for truth in times of persecution when we allow hurting people’s feelings make us keep quiet about the truth?

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Those who choose to deny the truth of the Gospel will not receive the truth of God. When Christians choose to walk in darkness and deny the truth of the Bible, God will allow them to choose to be backsliders instead of obedient children. God help, those who by choice deny the truth of the Gospel in order to be accepted by the world. The world did not accept Christ and they killed Him because they were offended by His teaching. Yet we seem surprised when the world hates Christians for believing in the truth of the Bible.

2 Timothy 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

This last weak a person on the news said that Christians were led to believe in fairy tales because we were taught the story of Noah was true. Sadly, it is people who have rejected the truth of the Bible for the lies of mankind, who are believing in fairy tales.

Betty

Cindy S.

December 17, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Magnifying Troubles and Shrinking Blessings

A human trait is making our troubles into mountains and our blessings into anthills. The devil encourages these traits by reminding us of our troubles and ignoring the many times God has blessed us. We all have troubles, sinners and saints. The difference is that God helps and sustains His children through their troubles. Let us moan less about our troubles and be more grateful for our blessings.

My husband takes the Sports Illustrated magazine. Last year Colin Rand Kaepernick was the winner of the sportsman of the year. A man who started the disrespect of our flag by football players. This year they picked Megan Rapinoe. A soccer player who threw our flag down on the ground as she celebrated her team’s victory. Another player on the team picked the flag off the ground and waved it proudly. No mention of her anywhere.

We are living in an age when respect for our Country and flag is unpopular. Love of your Country is frowned upon. Our Country and her people are being prepared to accept a one-world government. Yet, most Americans are blind to this. This trouble that will come upon America is a mountain of trouble, but most are blind to the coming disaster.

America has spit in the face of God for far too long. Judgment is coming soon. We need not fear the tribulation to come if we are saved. We will be with God in Heaven. Keep your faith secured in God and He will never forsake you.
Betty
Catching up on my reading but as usual, I read the post that seems to fit the day I'm having. Thank you, Betty.
The devil has thrown garbage in my face today.
:hug