morning blessings

Betty

December 20, 2019
Happy Friday,

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Have you ever found yourself begging God to answer your prayer?
I do. Mostly it is begging God to let the rapture happen soon, with me. Jesus died on the cross to save us and redeem us and yet, we feel we have to beg Him to answer our prayers.

The love that Jesus has for us, is perfect love. He is concerned about our needs. Yesterday had some frustrating issues with my brain. Standing in the kitchen unable to finish my sentence and yet I felt God’s peace upon me. We can trust that God will be with us, through everything.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Betty

Betty

December 21, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Count The Cost

Luke 14:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Living for God can be costly. Some start out the race only to fall by the wayside. They wanted to go to Heaven but found for them, the cost was too high. Others wanted to straddle the fence. You can only straddle the fence for so long until life forces you to choose a side. Still, others wanted to be a child of God and still live on the wrong side of the fence.

Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV)16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Lukewarm water neither warms the belly not does it cool the throat. It tastes nasty and provides no benefit. God will not tolerate those who want to walk with Him, only when it is beneficial to them. There is no such thing as a Saint/sinner. You must choose either to serve God, wholly or serve yourself.

This world is only a vote away from making true Christianity a crime. Churches that preach the Gospel will be shut down for lack of intolerance. Individuals who believe the Bible will be arrested for their intolerance of sin.
This is when Christians will be forced to choose a side.

There are many who consider themselves Christian Democrats, even though the Democratic Party platform is based on sin. You can not vote for abortion and gay marriage and still proclaim yourself a child of God. The time is coming when we will be forced to choose the side of God or mankind. Before you choose, carefully count the cost.
Betty

Betty

December 22, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

I saw a woman bent over with age walk into the Church. As she slowly made her way down the aisle, I heard a voice call out. To my astonishment a man was standing on the platform. His countenance was filled with love. The name He called I did not recognize, but as the lady walked towards Him, I knew the man had called her by name. As she made her way, I realize the man was Jesus.

When she caught up Jesus, He told her to take her backpack off and empty it. The backpack carried stones, each one with its own name. Guilt, anger, hurt, pain, hate and bitterness. Now I realized the woman was not elderly as I had assumed. Slowly the woman begins to recognize her new freedom.

Her face shined bright with her smile. No longer was her body bent over from her load. She began to dance exploring the new freedom her body had not felt in years. She praised God for her healing, but she went over and picked up her backpack and put back in anger and bitterness and turn to go. Jesus told her that she had to leave all the stones or taken them all.

You could see the struggle on her face. She had carried anger and bitterness so long. She was not prepared to let them go. She looked pleadingly to Jesus. Surely, He did not expect her to forgive the great wrong she had suffered. Jesus told her all or nothing. Slowly she filled the backpack and put it on her back.

Gone was her bright smile. As she made her way down the aisle again her body bent with the burden, that she refused to let go of. How often do we choose bondage over freedom-hate over forgiveness? Refusing to see the truth that bitterness eats us up alive.
Betty
I have seen a skit done with this subject years ago. This morning I was reminded of it.

Betty

December 23, 2019
Happy Monday,

Today would have been mom and dad’s Anniversary. We celebrate Anniversary of Birthdays, Marriage, first year on the job, etc. The best Anniversary of all was the day we were adopted into the family of God. Those of us who got saved as children we cannot remember the date, but we remember the experience. Even as children we knew salvation was an important decision. This decision would shape our entire lives and our eternity.

Too many put aside the decision for salvation too long. Their hearts go cold and hard and no longer do they hear the sweet call of the Holy Spirit in their hearts. Sadly when this happens their chance of salvation is gone for good. This said we should never stop praying for unsaved loved ones and friends. Only God knows the heart.

This is the season that men and women’s hearts are more open to God. Let us sincerely pray for lost souls. Let us be grateful for our salvation and the love of God that shines down upon us every day. This is the time not only to be grateful but to pray that God will examine our hearts and show us of hidden sins that need to forgiven. Also, let us pray that God will use us for His glory until the trumpet sounds.
Betty

Betty

December 24, 2019
Christmas Eve, Tuesday,

A Purpose

Jesus left Heaven to come to earth for a purpose. He came to live among mankind, born as a baby to live and die for the redemption of mankind. His life was an example to us on how we should live. His death paid for the sins of mankind with His death on the cross. All those who are willing to accept forgiveness from their sins and live for God are redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus.

Before Jesus returned to Heaven, He gave the great commission for His children to follow.

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you (Matthew 28:18-20).

The Pope recently said that true disciples do not attempt to share their faith with others. This is completely opposite of what Jesus said His children should do. We must not dismiss what the Pope said so quickly. This is just the beginning of what is to come. Soon Christians will be persecuted for sharing the Good News with others.

The Pope has devalued the death of Christ by saying we all serve the same God. If all religions lead to Heaven then Jesus’s death was in vain. Truth is only Jesus can save lost souls. There is only one way to Heaven. We celebrate the birth of Christ because His birth as a babe made way for His death on the cross to bring redemption to mankind.

John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

God has a purpose for our lives also. We are to be a shining light in a world of darkness to point the way to Jesus.
Merry Christmas,
Betty

Betty

December 25, 2019
Merry Christmas,

Merry Christmas

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Luke 1:26-56 King James Version (KJV)
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
54 He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Betty and Ronnie

Betty

December 26, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Gift Returns

Today, malls and stores will be filled with people returning gifts they received. There are many reasons for gift returns: items do not fit, you got more then one, or you dislike your gift. One gift we should treasure in our hearts and that is the gift of salvation.

Sadly, so many refuse the gift of salvation. They under estimate the value of salvation. They allow self-pride to convince themselves that they do not need salvation. Unfortunately, by the time they realize their need for salvation it will too late.

Not only does our gift of salvation provides us a ticket to Heaven, but there is also good value in the gift throughout our lives. God walks with us every day. He provides comfort for the grieving. He provides strength for the weak. He provides us grace so that we can face another day.

We walk in hope, knowing God will be with us always and when we take our last breath, He will welcome us into Heaven. There will be times that the path we walk is covered with rocks and stones. Just getting through each day is a struggle. It may seem like God has left us but the Bible assures us that God will never leave us not forsake us.
Betty

Deuteronomy 31:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”

ItIsFinished!

December 26, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Gift Returns

Today, malls and stores will be filled with people returning gifts they received. There are many reasons for gift returns: items do not fit, you got more then one, or you dislike your gift. One gift we should treasure in our hearts and that is the gift of salvation.

Sadly, so many refuse the gift of salvation. They under estimate the value of salvation. They allow self-pride to convince themselves that they do not need salvation. Unfortunately, by the time they realize their need for salvation it will too late.

Not only does our gift of salvation provides us a ticket to Heaven, but there is also good value in the gift throughout our lives. God walks with us every day. He provides comfort for the grieving. He provides strength for the weak. He provides us grace so that we can face another day.

We walk in hope, knowing God will be with us always and when we take our last breath, He will welcome us into Heaven. There will be times that the path we walk is covered with rocks and stones. Just getting through each day is a struggle. It may seem like God has left us but the Bible assures us that God will never leave us not forsake us.
Betty

Deuteronomy 31:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”
Amen!

Betty

December 27, 2019
Happy Friday,

God Uses The Weakness of His Children

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

As humans, we look upon our weakness as a liability and it can be. If we try to live in this world without leaning on our Savior, our weakness, both spiritual and physical can be a hindrance. Often when we are weak from bad health, the devil will attack us. He knows we are more vulnerable when we are physically sick.

Times of grief also make us vulnerable to spiritual attacks. Like a dog hiding in a corner, licking his wounds, grief can cause us to isolate ourselves; from people and God. When we make a point to talk to God about our grief, He will comfort us and sustain us, as our broken hearts heal.

In our weakness, God can work through us, if we are willing to take our cares over to God. Completely trusting in God, opens our hearts so that God can work in us and through us. Trusting completely in God means we must stop trying to fix ourselves but to cry out to God for help.
Betty

Betty

December 28, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Control

Things happen to us that we have no control of. Death, accidents, financial issues, and health issues can knock us off track. Some issues are temporary and other issues affect the rest of our lives. Those issues that seem to take the most control of our lives away from us are the hardest to deal with. How we deal with these issues and our personal reaction is the most important aspect of the results.

Anger is a normal reaction to loss of self control. How we choose how to channel this anger determines our mental and emotional health. It is tempting to be angry at God. After all whatever happens to us, is allowed by God. It is normal to question why God is allowing us to suffer. It is how we question, is the rub.

If we are not careful, bitterness can grow in our hearts. Our bitterness can cloud us to the truth, that only God can sustain us through personal loss. Bitterness can keep us from reaching out to God in our greatest time of need. If we go to God’s Holy Word, we find that God often uses personal loss to promote spiritual growth in His children.

When we pray to become closer to God, we open ourselves up to God’s will in our lives. When we let go of our bitterness and open our hearts to trust God, then we open ourselves up to allow spiritual growth in our souls. Any loss we experience in this life will bring huge returns in Heaven. Let us pray for God to give us grace and peace to sustain us as we travel through the deserts of our lives journeys.
Betty