morning blessings

Betty

December 3, 2019
Happy Tuesday

The Light of the Gospel

John 8:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

We must choose to walk in the light of Jesus. When we do so God’s light will guide us in truth and righteousness. A man who walks into an area at night that has no lights, is subject to falling. When people refuse the Gospel of Jesus, they are walking in darkness and can be easily led into sin.

The world sees the Gospel, as a restraint that controls Christians. The truth is the Gospel provides freedom, so we walk in the righteous of God. Freedom to say no to sin. Freedom to live in the peace of God.

Romans 3:24 King James Version (KJV)Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Walk in the freedom of God. Seek prayerfully to walk in righteousness and to avoid sin. Live in hope for the God who spoke the universe into existence, lives in the heart of every Christian.

2 Corinthians 4:5-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants[a] for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Betty

Betty

December 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Where Is My Peace

Christians are promised peace, but there are times we feel that we have been abandoned by God. We wonder where are peace has gone. We can find peace by going back to the Bible.

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is peace. We find our peace when we cry to Jesus. Our problems and grief is real. It is not a figment of our minds. Talk to God. Tell Him your concerns and open up your heart to God.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Psalm 118: 5In my distress I called to the LORD,
and He answered and set me free.
6The LORD is on my side;b I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?c
7The LORD is on my side; He is my helper.
Therefore I will look in triumph on those who hate me.
8It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.
9It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

In times of distress and grief, we can take refuge in the Lord. He will hide me under His wings like a mama bird. We can rest and peace in God. He will hide us under His wings and comfort us.

Psalms 91:4

“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

We can go to God 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. He is always available to His children. He gives hope to the hopeless. He gives comfort to those grieving. He gives strength to the weak.

Psalm 120:1 King James Version (KJV)
120 In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Where is my peace? It is found in God my Father.
Betty

Betty

December 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Facing Trials and Difficulties

Lying in bed because the pain in my stomach gets worse when I walk. Probably a colitis flare. This is temporary and I should feel better in a couple of days. This is like trials that come in our lives. The situation seems like it will go on forever. Troubles do pass.

It is living in the midst of the trial, which is the hard part. Knowing the time in the trial is temporary, doesn't take away the pain. We can survive the trial when we remember we are not alone. God is with us.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Trials are temporary. God’s love for His children is permanent. We can call out to Him and He will assure of His love for us. Take courage knowing we are not alone.
Betty

Cindy S.

December 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Facing Trials and Difficulties

Lying in bed because the pain in my stomach gets worse when I walk. Probably a colitis flare. This is temporary and I should feel better in a couple of days. This is like trials that come in our lives. The situation seems like it will go on forever. Troubles do pass.

It is living in the midst of the trial, which is the hard part. Knowing the time in the trial is temporary, doesn't take away the pain. We can survive the trial when we remember we are not alone. God is with us.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Trials are temporary. God’s love for His children is permanent. We can call out to Him and He will assure of His love for us. Take courage knowing we are not alone.
Betty
Perfect timing Betty. I'm feeling less anxious after reading this post.

Betty

December 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

You Are My Hiding Place

Psalm 32:7 King James Version (KJV)Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Everyone has troubles, worries, and pains. It is how we cope with them that matters. Some people drink or use drugs to hide from them. There are those who become angry and bitter. Jesus wants us to come to him with all our issues.
Notice the part where the verse says God says He will surround us with songs of deliverance.

When we sing songs of praise to God, the Holy Spirit will cover us with the love of God. When we rejoice in the knowledge of the gift of our salvation, our hearts will be free of the depression, fears, and bitterness.

Philippians 4:4-8 King James Version (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The devil is going to fight against God’s children until the rapture. This does not mean that God is not in control. Seek the will of God in your life. Seek His comfort and His peace. It will not be long until we will be going to our true Home-Heaven. Don't give up my friends we are so close to the rapture.
Betty

Cindy S.

December 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

You Are My Hiding Place

Psalm 32:7 King James Version (KJV)Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Everyone has troubles, worries, and pains. It is how we cope with them that matters. Some people drink or use drugs to hide from them. There are those who become angry and bitter. Jesus wants us to come to him with all our issues.
Notice the part where the verse says God says He will surround us with songs of deliverance.

When we sing songs of praise to God, the Holy Spirit will cover us with the love of God. When we rejoice in the knowledge of the gift of our salvation, our hearts will be free of the depression, fears, and bitterness.

6 Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The devil is going to fight against God’s children until the rapture. This does not mean that God is not in control. Seek the will of God in your life. Seek His comfort and His peace. It will not be long until we will be going to our true Home-Heaven. Don't give up my friends we are so close to the rapture.
Betty
:bouncies

RestInHim

December 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

You Are My Hiding Place

Betty

Feeling discouraged today with being sick all the time and trying to be in a difficult marriage. I'm tired of being in this body, I'm tired of my sin and the sin all around, how relationships/families are falling apart! Parents aging, my mother has Alzheimer's and they are not saved, so many are lost.
I know what to do, but, when it is doesn't seem to not get better but worse, it is so hard to go on. I know that God is at work, even in the midst of all of this. I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Remember, believe and trust.
Our pain/sickness draws us closer to Him, I am so thankful that I/we are not alone, there IS peace in knowing that what we are going through is because He loves us.
Thank you for your words of encouragement Betty, I needed them today.

:pray:pray:hug

Betty

Feeling discouraged today with being sick all the time and trying to be in a difficult marriage. I'm tired of being in this body, I'm tired of my sin and the sin all around, how relationships/families are falling apart! Parents aging, my mother has Alzheimer's and they are not saved, so many are lost.
I know what to do, but, when it is doesn't seem to not get better but worse, it is so hard to go on. I know that God is at work, even in the midst of all of this. I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Remember, believe and trust.
Our pain/sickness draws us closer to Him, I am so thankful that I/we are not alone, there IS peace in knowing that what we are going through is because He loves us.
Thank you for your words of encouragement Betty, I needed them today.

:pray:pray:hug
I am so sorry that you are having a bad day. God can reach your mom in ways that she can understand.
Betty

Betty

December 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Pretty Christmas Lights

Ever since I was a kid, I have enjoyed riding around looking at Christmas lights. Christmas lights are beautiful and these days people use their imagination to make lights spectacular. There is one that makes Christmas lights pale in comparison. That is the gift that God gave us, His Son. The gift of salvation cannot be topped.

Take time this season to pray for lost souls. Your loved ones that are lost and lost souls around the world.. The age of grace is coming to an end. We do not want any of our loved ones left behind. Let us also be more thankful to God, for the many gifts that He has provided for us and our families.
Betty

Betty

December 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Hope and Peace in Chaos

Christmas trees and Christmas music playing in stores. Many have their Christmas lights on their homes. Some of us have our Christmas trees up in our home. If we avoid all sources of news, we can convince ourselves that we are living in a time of peace on earth.

We can ignore the violence in our streets. We can ignore how close we are to war in the Middle East and the anger that China has against American. God does not want us to live in a state of pretense. Acknowledging reality does not mean that we need to live in fear.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

We take our fears to God. God will renew our peace. Stop listening to the lies of the devil and read God’s Word. The truth is in the Holy Bible. There is no peace on earth, but God will put peace in our hearts.

One day we will walk the streets of Heaven and we will have perfect peace.
There will be no sin and no evil in Heaven. Seek God to give you His peace as we live in a world of chaos.
Betty