morning blessings

Betty

September 19, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Trust

The storm is hanging on. Water was higher than it has ever been leaving the neighborhood. More rain will mean we are stuck inside. So grateful that there is no water inside. Many people are suffering from flooded cars and homes. Please pray for them. People are literally flooded on the roads leaving Houston. They may have to abandon their cars and be rescued.

I look at this page and wonder where God is taking me. There are times that God takes us down a path that we just do not understand the reasoning of why. God does not tell us why He chooses the path that He chose for us. Yet, we know we are in the hands of a perfect God. His reasons may be even beyond our capabilities of understanding, but if we trust Him, we need not fear.

Trust sounds like such an easy thing to do, but it is not always easy. Some of us have issues, trusting. If we lay ourselves before the Lord and let go of control, God will prove Himself trust worthy. Remember God sees the beginning and the end. For the most part, our eyes are on the present. Trusting God in all things cannot be overstated. We cannot please God if we do not trust Him. Let go of fear and grasp on to the hands of God. Whatever happens, God’s Will is the best.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Betty

September 20, 2019
Happy Friday

It is raining again and I cannot help but wonder about those wondering if the water will end up in their homes. Watching the water rise and not knowing when the rain will stop has to be nerve racking. I do not understand how people make it without believing in God. Even when bad things happen, God gives me peace.

As I ramble on, let me tell you about something that is said that really upsets me. People saying I hope the ____ ‘god’ helps me. Watching Master Chief this week one of the finalist said I hope the crock pot god helps me. I yelled at the TV:”there is no crock pot god”. I have hear so many different things used in the blank, from baseball god to golf god.

People who deny the existence of the true God, but half joke that they wish luck from a god of appliances to sports gods, are confused people. The truth is people do not want a God to tell them what to do but a god that will make them win something is just fine. Not realizing that anything won on earth is fleeting. Their focus is on now and they deny that eternity exist.

Sadly some people think that everyone goes to Heaven. Others think death will just be an eternity of peaceful slumber. Some one dies and we see RIP wished for them. It is nice to wish that, but it is not true. When we die, our souls either goes to be with God or to hades. We choose the place we go by whether we accept salvation in our lifetime or not. The time to settle this is now while we still live. This is why praying for the lost is important. Christians let us encourage one another and pray for each other.
Betty

Cindy S.

September 19, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Trust

The storm is hanging on. Water was higher than it has ever been leaving the neighborhood. More rain will mean we are stuck inside. So grateful that there is no water inside. Many people are suffering from flooded cars and homes. Please pray for them. People are literally flooded on the roads leaving Houston. They may have to abandon their cars and be rescued.

I look at this page and wonder where God is taking me. There are times that God takes us down a path that we just do not understand the reasoning of why. God does not tell us why He chooses the path that He chose for us. Yet, we know we are in the hands of a perfect God. His reasons may be even beyond our capabilities of understanding, but if we trust Him, we need not fear.

Trust sounds like such an easy thing to do, but it is not always easy. Some of us have issues, trusting. If we lay ourselves before the Lord and let go of control, God will prove Himself trust worthy. Remember God sees the beginning and the end. For the most part, our eyes are on the present. Trusting God in all things cannot be overstated. We cannot please God if we do not trust Him. Let go of fear and grasp on to the hands of God. Whatever happens, God’s Will is the best.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
So good. You are such a blessing.

Betty

September 21, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Choices

I was listening to a song about choices, by George Jones. I believe everyone has made bad choices in their life time. I do not know about you but the devil has a playlist of all of my bad choices and failures and plays them for me when I cannot sleep. If we allow him to, he can send us into a depression. What we do when Satan reminds of our sins and failures, we remind him that our sins are forgiven.

The biggest choice a person needs to make is accepting salvation through Jesus. This is a choice we can only make in our lifetime. When sinners stand before God in judgement, no amount of tears and pleading will bring them safety from Hell. Christians will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. Our salvation is secure but we will be judged on our works. Are we working for the praise of men or to honor God? Let us work for God because we love God and not to impress those around us.

Please pray for the people of Winnie, Texas. Almost the whole town is flooded and people are suffering. Pray for those in Houston and surrounding areas, that will have to begin again, to rebuild their homes that have been flooded several times before. May God give them strength and peace.
Betty