morning blessings

Betty

September 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Praising God

I woke up at 5 with a sick tummy but, a song of praise on my lips. How wonderful it is to wake up with a song of praise and go to sleep with a song of praise to our Savior and Lord! Do not wait for your life to be perfect, to have a heart of gratitude for the wonderful things God has done for you. Praise God on a sunny day and when you are walking through the storms of this life. Storms come and go but the Lord’s love for His children is consistent.

Do not be a Christian that wavers with the wind. Do not allow your faith in God to go hot to cold, because of circumstances in your life. Troubles come and go, but our faith in God should be strong and steady. Would you want a mate whose love for you went from hot to cold from day to day? God does not want that either.

Wavering faith can destroy our testimony. Of course we have times of doubt and this is why we pray and go the Word of God. Remember faith comes from hearing the Word of God. Faith is believing in what we cannot see. We will one day see Jesus and be able to touch Him, until then we rely on faith to know Him.

Seek God in the morning, throughout the day, and when you lay your head on your pillow for sleep. Those who seek the Lord, in faith, will find Him;

Matthew 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Proverbs 8:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Betty

Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
34 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

Cindy S.

September 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Praising God

I woke up at 5 with a sick tummy but, a song of praise on my lips. How wonderful it is to wake up with a song of praise and go to sleep with a song of praise to our Savior and Lord! Do not wait for your life to be perfect, to have a heart of gratitude for the wonderful things God has done for you. Praise God on a sunny day and when you are walking through the storms of this life. Storms come and go but the Lord’s love for His children is consistent.

Do not be a Christian that wavers with the wind. Do not allow your faith in God to go hot to cold, because of circumstances in your life. Troubles come and go, but our faith in God should be strong and steady. Would you want a mate whose love for you went from hot to cold from day to day? God does not want that either.

Wavering faith can destroy our testimony. Of course we have times of doubt and this is why we pray and go the Word of God. Remember faith comes from hearing the Word of God. Faith is believing in what we cannot see. We will one day see Jesus and be able to touch Him, until then we rely on faith to know Him.

Seek God in the morning, throughout the day, and when you lay your head on your pillow for sleep. Those who seek the Lord, in faith, will find Him;

Matthew 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Proverbs 8:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Betty

Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
34 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.
Sick tummy is going around in Michigan

Betty

September 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

When God is Silent

I am locked out of my watch. I worked on it all day, yesterday and could not find a solution. Have you ever felt locked out of God’s presence? You pray and pray but your prayers seem to hit a ceiling. David often felt that way.

Job: “I cry to you for help and you do not answer me; I stand, and you only look at me.” (Job 30:20)
King David: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.” (Psalm 22:1–2)

David was a man that God said was after His Own heart and yet, David went through times that he felt that God had abandoned him. It is these times that our thirst for the presence of God grows. The stronger our desire, the more we seek Him. When we diligently seek Him, we will find Him. Sometimes we just need some alone time with God.

Jeremiah 29:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

We cannot have a half way relationship, with God. I am sometimes guilty of being so busy that I say a quick prayer at night. It seems throughout the day, God is far from my thoughts. When this becomes a habit, our prayers do seem to fall on deaf ears. Other times, God allows a time of silence to strengthen our faith. It seems odd that our faith can grow when we are in the desert. It is in the desert when we become desperate for God that we seek Him with all our heart.

In the desert our faith grows and as it grows so, does our spiritual health. When we find that we can find God in the desert, then we know for sure that He is always with us. Do we make the effort of reading the Bible? I know I do not read the Bible as much as I should. Knowing that, do I make a effort to change or make excuses for my failures? That is the rub. Knowing our failures and changing are two different things.

As we go about our day let us pray little prayers throughout the day. Praising God for His goodness and praying for ourselves and others. Prayer does not have to be long. It is the content that counts. It is opening your heart to God and sharing your deepest thoughts, knowing your private thoughts are safe in His hands. David was honest with God. He did not try to make himself out to be better then he was. His honest heart pleased God. Let us do the same.
Betty

Betty

September 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

Runaway Train

Democrats want to provide free abortions for third world Countries. How long will it be, before abortions are forced on women around the globe? They want the population number lowered to a number, that they can control. There is a video of Hillary Clinton joking about sending people who do not agree with her to ‘fun’ camps. These camps are fema camps and they will be anything but fun. These fema camps are to be used during the tribulation to prison those who will not worship the anti-Christ. The Democrats are being used by Satan, to promote the cause of Satan.

The world is rushing into the tribulation like a runaway train. It is only a manner of time before the rapture. This is the time to make sure our relationship with God is where it should be. Are we living to please God or ourselves? No longer should anyone wait till they get older to get right with God. The time is now!

Living for God is a privilege. When we seek Him, we will find Him. Not only can we trust God to provide for us, here on earth but we can trust Him to provide for us throughout eternity. For the present, we suffer through many things, but we are not alone. God is with us through the dark days and nights. If we ask, God will give us peace and calm our minds during these days when Satan is fighting hard against God’s children. Do not give up, but keep your eyes and your trust in the Lord.
Betty

Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Andy C

Living for God is a privilege. When we seek Him, we will find Him. Not only can we trust God to provide for us, here on earth but we can trust Him to provide for us throughout eternity. For the present, we suffer through many things, but we are not alone. God is with us through the dark days and nights. If we ask, God will give us peace and calm our minds during these days when Satan is fighting hard against God’s children. Do not give up, but keep your eyes and your trust in the Lord.
Betty
Amen sister.

Betty

September 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Hope

Our hope does not come from the Government. If we are followers of Jesus our Hope is in God. God is not capable of failure, so our trust is secure in Him. God knows the future so He is prepared for everything. We find the future of this world troubling, but remember our future is in Heaven.

God is with us in this world. We can take our fears to Him and He will hear our cries. Whether our need is finances, physical, or spiritual, we can trust God to provide for us. Do not listen to the devil, who will tell you that your situation is hopeless. He is a liar. Fear not, but trust in God.

Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Let us keep our eyes on Christ and not on worldly desires. God knows our needs and He will provide them. We need not fear the future.

Romans 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

We can be secure when our Hope is in Christ. Take your fears to Jesus and leave them with Him. Ask God for peace and He will give you peace. Our hope is not in man but in the God of Heaven.
Betty

ItIsFinished!

September 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Hope

Our hope does not come from the Government. If we are followers of Jesus our Hope is in God. God is not capable of failure, so our trust is secure in Him. God knows the future so He is prepared for everything. We find the future of this world troubling, but remember our future is in Heaven.

God is with us in this world. We can take our fears to Him and He will hear our cries. Whether our need is finances, physical, or spiritual, we can trust God to provide for us. Do not listen to the devil, who will tell you that your situation is hopeless. He is a liar. Fear not, but trust in God.

Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Let us keep our eyes on Christ and not on worldly desires. God knows our needs and He will provide them. We need not fear the future.

Romans 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

We can be secure when our Hope is in Christ. Take your fears to Jesus and leave them with Him. Ask God for peace and He will give you peace. Our hope is not in man but in the God of Heaven.
Betty
Amen my sweet friend.
May the Lord bless you.

Betty

September 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Outward Appearance

Matthew 23:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mankind caring more about their out side appearance than their souls is nothing new. Jesus chastised the Pharisees who cared more about how people saw them spiritually then what God thought. Appearing righteous while sinful on the inside. Michael Jackson was so obsessed with changing his appearance that rag magazines wrote articles about how his nose was going to fall off.

It is not just celebrities who are obsessed with their looks. I saw a picture of a mother and daughter who spent 96 thousand dollars trying to have a perfect face. Their picture was on the Internet, not because they were beautiful but the surgery made them look grotesque. Sadly the daughter took a job as a stripper to pay for their surgeries. We can become so obsessed with our looks, but like the Pharisees, we ignore the condition of our soul.

From the outside looking in, it appeared that Michael was obsessed by his outside appearance because he was ashamed of his sins. We do not have to be a celebrity to become obsessed with our looks when our soul is dark with sinful desires. We cannot change our sinful ways, but God can and wants to do that for us. We must surrender ourselves to God and seek His healing for sins we cannot control.

Sadly the desires that ruined the life of Michael Jackson is slowly becoming normal. There was a time when society condemned abortion. Women did not talk about it but, now celebrities boast about their abortions. As if it were a rite of passage.

I think it is perfectly normal for us to want to look like our best. It only becomes a problem when we ignore our sins and focus all our attention on looking perfect.
Let us seek God’s help in living a righteous life first and then worry about our outward appearance.
Betty

ItIsFinished!

September 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Outward Appearance

Matthew 23:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mankind caring more about their out side appearance than their souls is nothing new. Jesus chastised the Pharisees who cared more about how people saw them spiritually then what God thought. Appearing righteous while sinful on the inside. Michael Jackson was so obsessed with changing his appearance that rag magazines wrote articles about how his nose was going to fall off.

It is not just celebrities who are obsessed with their looks. I saw a picture of a mother and daughter who spent 96 thousand dollars trying to have a perfect face. Their picture was on the Internet, not because they were beautiful but the surgery made them look grotesque. Sadly the daughter took a job as a stripper to pay for their surgeries. We can become so obsessed with our looks, but like the Pharisees, we ignore the condition of our soul.

From the outside looking in, it appeared that Michael was obsessed by his outside appearance because he was ashamed of his sins. We do not have to be a celebrity to become obsessed with our looks when our soul is dark with sinful desires. We cannot change our sinful ways, but God can and wants to do that for us. We must surrender ourselves to God and seek His healing for sins we cannot control.

Sadly the desires that ruined the life of Michael Jackson is slowly becoming normal. There was a time when society condemned abortion. Women did not talk about it but, now celebrities boast about their abortions. As if it were a rite of passage.

I think it is perfectly normal for us to want to look like our best. It only becomes a problem when we ignore our sins and focus all our attention on looking perfect.
Let us seek God’s help in living a righteous life first and then worry about our outward appearance.
Betty
Amen.
Vanity!!!
We should always keep our eyes upon Jesus and His Word.
That should be our focus, not how good our flesh looks.
For us children of God we know that we will have an eternal glorified body.
Let us focus on what really matters and that is bringing lost souls to the foot of The Cross.

Betty

September 9, 2019
Happy Monday,

Freedoms Slipping Away

Little by little, Christian freedoms are being taking away from people around the world. Sadly in America, way to many Christians are blind to what is happening. Freedom of speech is slipping away from us and we just go about business as if nothing is happening.

When we hear that a popular conservative is banned from social platforms, we yawn. While Christian morals is becoming hate speech we get caught up with news about the latest celebrity.

Part of the problem is way too many Pastors are staying silent on what is happening. Instead of sounding out an alarm to their congregation, they are preaching feel good messages and ignoring what is happening in the world, today. When you only preach sugar toast, Religion, you are safe from censorship. While feel good messages may satisfy the flock, what is going to happen when persecution comes to America?

By the time, many Christians wake up, we will be living in a world where freedom of speech is tossed out for the “benefit” of “peace”. It will be too late to vote for the rights of the people when the majority of the people wake up. Do not be blind to the fact that the Democratic Party wants to control every aspect of our lives.

Christians need to wake up to the truth and vote for people who are still for what this Nation’s was started on and that was freedom of Religion. If our faith is secure in Christ we need not fear but we do have a responsibility to vote for those who stand for Christian morals. Contrary to Democrats abortion is not a Christian moral. Preachers who are praying God’s blessings on an abortion clinic are in danger of the fires of hell.
Betty

https://youtu.be/4zQWGkfs9Kc

Betty

September 10, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Seeking God in a Sinful World

Proverbs 8:17. I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me.

We know evil is increasing by leaps and bounds, but God has not abandoned this world. People around the world are still getting saved. As God’s children, we have not been abandoned. God still hears our prayers. Evil increasing has not taken Jesus by surprise. He warned us how the last days would be.

The Age of Grace is coming to an end. The time to call out to God, is now. Keeping our trust in God is imperative if we are to keep the faith. In a world where sadly, so many Christians are content to attend Churches where the Sermons are meant to tickle the ears of the congregation, the sheep are starving.

Hosea 4:6 New King James Version (NKJV)My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.Because you have rejected knowledge,I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

Just as Israel was punished for rejecting knowledge. Surely, those who no better, but choose Preaching that tickles the ear, will also be judged. This is not the time for cotton candy, but we need the meat of the Gospel. How can we repent of our sins, if our Shepherd refuses to preach about sin? Yes, God loves us, but the Bible tells us to fear God also. As a child, I knew my parents loved me, but I also knew that they would punish me, if I disobeyed them.

Acts 9:31 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Church Prospers
31 Then the [a]churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”

We wait with hope and anticipation for the trumpet to blow. As we wait, let us be about the Father’s business, ever seeking His face, in these troubling days.
Betty

Another tiny squirrel has been at my feeder. As I deal with my health issue, I am at peace and secure knowing that God is with me.

Betty

September 11, 2019
Wednesday

A Day of Remembrance

Eighteen years ago September 11th our world changed. I believe this was an awakening call that most ignored. A cry from Heaven, for America to come back to God. Instead America is further from God, now then when it happened.

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV)121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

We can still call out to God. He still answers prayers. We can find salvation for our souls and a key to Heaven if will just surrender ourselves to God. When we do that, God will fill us with His Spirit. The more we read the Bible, the more we will grow spiritually.

As we remember the day our world changed, we need not fear. We can trust God with our souls and our very lives. God will walk with us from the moment we are saved and throughout eternity. God is not a fantasy or a crutch for the weak. He is the creator of all things. Placing our trust in God, is the most secure thing of all.
Betty

kathymendel

Sadly, America had a chance of surviving and perhaps thriving.............but, they threw it away. For awhile, maybe a year, we banded together in the tragedy, race and religion and political preference seemed to disappear into the background. Many, many people began going to church. Families drew one another closely together, realizing how great loss can be. But, then, feelings and emotions ran their course, and everyone went back to life as it had been before.............and, then, it started once again going down the drain and into the gutter. I often wonder if that was God's last chance for us to have a revival as a nation, and we flunked. I do not think we will ever have another opportunity like that. The next thing to happen, I believe, is the rapture........... and, then people will face the horrible consequences of their choices. Woe to them. It is all in God's timing and I don't question His ways.