morning blessings

Betty

August 1, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Accepting our Limitations

This morning I reached up on my toes to reach the peanut butter, something I have done for years, and the peanut butter fell out of my hand and hit my breast. It was painful. My hubby wanted to know why I did not ask him for help. Simply because I had always done it. Today I realize that my toes will no longer hold me up.

As we get older we realize that we begin to have limitations. Things we could do in the past, we can no longer do. It is hard to accept our limitations, but when we don’t, we can get hurt. While our physical bodies have limitations as we grow older our spirituality does not. As we age in our body and our souls, we should be growing spirituality.

Our spiritual, growth is not tied to our physical health. We grow spiritually by prayer and Bible study. The devil will try to discourage us by using our age and our disabilities to depress us. When we fight on by not listening to the devil but by trusting God, we will find ourselves growing in faith and grace.

We can be tempted to look at young people and all that they accomplish and feel useless to the work of God. Instead let us pray that God will use us in-spite our aging and disabilities. When we seek God’s Will, He will show us what we can do for Him.

Psalm 71:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
Betty

Betty

August 2, 2019,
Happy Friday,

Day started out wrong

Got a text the other day that someone was coming out to install something from AT&T. Called them twice and neither person spoke English very well. Today I got a text that Internet was being installed. In our area of town we have to use a company picked out by our town. It seems someone from another town was using my phone number to get internet installed at their town. Then we looked at credit card and found out someone used my credit card number for door dash.

Some days start are like that. Makes us want to go back to bed. Instead let us pray for peace. God will bring peace in the storm, even the smaller storms. When we take a step back and seek God’s help. I am looking at a female cardinal at the bird feeder. Her mate is probably on the ground waiting his turn. My diamonds in the rough.

Everyone has those kinds of days. When we trust in God, He will encourage us and reenforce our physical and emotional strength.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Betty

Judy4Jesus

August 2, 2019,
Happy Friday,

Day started out wrong

Got a text the other day that someone was coming out to install something from AT&T. Called them twice and neither person spoke English very well. Today I got a text that Internet was being installed. In our area of town we have to use a company picked out by our town. It seems someone from another town was using my phone number to get internet installed at their town. Then we looked at credit card and found out someone used my credit card number for door dash.

Some days start are like that. Makes us want to go back to bed. Instead let us pray for peace. God will bring peace in the storm, even the smaller storms. When we take a step back and seek God’s help. I am looking at a female cardinal at the bird feeder. Her mate is probably on the ground waiting his turn. My diamonds in the rough.

Everyone has those kinds of days. When we trust in God, He will encourage us and reenforce our physical and emotional strength.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Betty
I'm sorry your day started like that! Glad you focused on the morning Son instead of letting the dark overtake your day! :hug

Betty

August 3, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Today started out like yesterday, but I felt the presence of God around me. This song is in my head:

In My Heart There Rings A Melody Hymn Lyrics
By BP-Pub-4-
October 15, 2016
1 I have a song that Jesus gave me,
It was sent from heav’n above;
There never was a sweeter melody,
‘Tis a melody of love.
Refrain:
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody with heaven’s harmony;
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody of love.
2 I love the Christ who died on Calv’ry,
For He washed my sins away;
He put within my heart a melody,
And I know it’s there to stay. ([Refrain]
3 ‘Twill be my endless theme in glory,
With the angels I will sing;
‘Twill be a song with glorious harmony,
When the courts of heaven ring. [Refrain]

We can encourage ourselves singing praises to God in our heads. We can praise God with songs. The Lord Jesus is faithful and just to His children. May we be faithful to Him every day.
Betty

Betty

August 4, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Date Setting For The Rapture

Back in 70’s, a Sunday School Teacher spent weeks telling us why the rapture would happen that year. Obviously the rapture did not happen that year. 2006, we had a Sunday School teacher who was convinced that the rapture would happen that fall. Two years ago a sweet lady had videos that convinced me the rapture would happen that fall. As well meaning as each person was, they were wrong.

Jesus said no one knows but the Father. Of course Jesus was in human form. Now He does know. We spend so much time trying to guess the date of the rapture, something God never called for us to do. We should live ready for each day to be the day, but we do not set dates.

We should long for the return for the rapture just as a bride awaits her Wedding Day. Our hearts should race with the thought of the rapture, but truth is, we should be spending each day living for God and working for His Kingdom.
So many things are happening that we can see we are living in the birth pains. We know we are getting closer but let us refrain from setting dates and live each day in God’s Will.
Betty

Betty

August 5, 2019
Happy Monday,

He Loved Us First

There is a song from the 60’s asking what would it take to win your love for me. We do not have to jump through hoops to win the love of God. He loved us before we were born. So why is not all mankind saved? Many people allow self pride, goals, and positions to keep them from humbling themselves and accepting salvation.

Some people feel that humbling ourselves to God, binds us in chains. The truth is, sin binds us in chains and will send us to hell. Knowing that Jesus died for our sins, even before we were born, should allow us to feel blessed and loved.

When we acknowledge how blessed we are to be love then we open our heart to God. Serving God is a privilege. Worshipping God is a privilege. When we understand that, we can live our life, filled with joy.
Betty

Betty

August 6, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

I talk a lot about the birth pains of the end times. One of the birth pains is the hate people have towards each other. People taking their hate towards people they do know and placing it on those they do not know. Young men going out and killing groups of people out of their hate. Soon it will be women who will act out their hatred.

I read about an Actor who did research about the last election an determined that people over 35 were likely to vote for Trump. His solution was those over 35 who voted for Trump should be in an urn. He admitted that his parents voted for Trump and he not know how to tell them that they should die.

When a person determines that people who voted for a person that they dislike should die, they have become so filled with hate that others should die, they have become replicas of Hitler. They have taken their hate for Trump and have determined that people who voted him should be murdered.

Hate is an emotion that left unchecked, will grow leaps and bounds. It does not take too much imagination to go from realizing people from a certain age voted for Trump to realizing people against gay marriage and abortion, supported Trump. The Bible warns us of the last days and the hate that will control the world. Yet seeing just the beginning of the hate causes us who love the Lord to weep.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Fear not, my dear friends, God is still in control. While it is so very tempting to question why God allows mass killings, we must continue you to trust God. Maybe sinners who hear of these murders will turn to God for salvation.
Betty

Betty

August 8, 2010
Happy Thursday,

Wash That Gray Right Out Of My Hair

I wish I could wash my cares away with a shampoo. God never promised us a carefree life. There are days that we can carry our load with a smile. There are also days that are cares and worries over whelms us. This is when we cry out to God for help. God never told us to walk our path alone. It is not about proving how strong we are. It is about trusting in the strength of God

The more we learn to trust God, the stronger our faith will be. Strong faith does not make us super people. Strong faith makes us lean on God, more. Every day let us remember to take our cares to God, no matter how small.

Fixing to leave to see the Neurologist. Have a blessed day.
Betty

Betty

August 9, 2019
Happy Friday,

Dependence

Today the owner is getting the air conditioner replaced. Thankfully it is only 87 degrees outside and 77 inside. In Texas, air conditioning is considered a necessity to life. Yet, I grew up in 50’s and sixties without air conditioning. The Schools were not air conditioning, the buses were not and neither were the Churches and our homes. In Church we had electric fans and paper fans. In our home we had an attic fan.

The modern world does not know how good we have it. The water goes off for ten minutes and we whine. Yet in the 3rd world there is no running water in many homes. We complain if we have the same food two days in a row and in this world some people would be happy to have a good meal two days in the world. Let us face it, we are spoiled.

What if we craved spiritual food like we do pizza, Mexican food, and burgers? What if going to Church was important to us, as seeing the latest movie? Are we not growing in God, because we do not want to? While getting to Heaven is the greatest thing ever, do we really want to get in by the skin of our teeth as the saying goes. There are some like me, who some Sundays we are too sick to make it to Church. Then we can watch a Preacher on TV or on line, but verify what they say, with the Bible. There are many false teachers out there. Having a Church home is great. Having a Church family that prays for us and with us is great.

We can all be lazy, me included, but let us not be lazy about our soul. Let us not be one who gives thought to reading God’s Word, but never does. May our prayer life not consist of only a quick prayer before we go to sleep. Let us live out our spiritual life in the world and not just in Church. Let the Bible determine our morals and not the popular view of the world. Today’s morals will send you to hell. Live for God and seek His Will.
Betty

Bird feed has at least four birds eating. Thank you, Jesus for lifting my spirit.

ItIsFinished!

August 9, 2019
Happy Friday,

Dependence

Today the owner is getting the air conditioner replaced. Thankfully it is only 87 degrees outside and 77 inside. In Texas, air conditioning is considered a necessity to life. Yet, I grew up in 50’s and sixties without air conditioning. The Schools were not air conditioning, the buses were not and neither were the Churches and our homes. In Church we had electric fans and paper fans. In our home we had an attic fan.

The modern world does not know how good we have it. The water goes off for ten minutes and we whine. Yet in the 3rd world there is no running water in many homes. We complain if we have the same food two days in a row and in this world some people would be happy to have a good meal two days in the world. Let us face it, we are spoiled.

What if we craved spiritual food like we do pizza, Mexican food, and burgers? What if going to Church was important to us, as seeing the latest movie? Are we not growing in God, because we do not want to? While getting to Heaven is the greatest thing ever, do we really want to get in by the skin of our teeth as the saying goes. There are some like me, who some Sundays we are too sick to make it to Church. Then we can watch a Preacher on TV or on line, but verify what they say, with the Bible. There are many false teachers out there. Having a Church home is great. Having a Church family that prays for us and with us is great.

We can all be lazy, me included, but let us not be lazy about our soul. Let us not be one who gives thought to reading God’s Word, but never does. May our prayer life not consist of only a quick prayer before we go to sleep. Let us live out our spiritual life in the world and not just in Church. Let the Bible determine our morals and not the popular view of the world. Today’s morals will send you to hell. Live for God and seek His Will.
Betty

Bird feed has at least four birds eating. Thank you, Jesus for lifting my spirit.
Amen!
As usual this will preach.
I love your humility and wisdom Betty.
I'm sure I have said that before and most likely will again.
Much love in Christ my sister.

ByGod'sGrace

This morning, I went for a 4 mile walk on the beach with my friend. It was warm and foggy and we enjoyed walking through the puddles left behind from high tide and laughing at the pearl drops of fog dotting our hair. This beautiful, old dog came up between us and we were petting it and it didn't want to leave us. The owner kept calling it, but the dog just looked up at my friend and me and seemed to say, "well, I'm still standing here for a reason...I want more of your snuggles!" There is a wisdom and gentleness in old dogs.