Moon Is Rusting

https://www.space.com/earth-rusting-moon.html

While our Moon is airless, research indicates the presence of hematite, a form of rust that normally requires oxygen and water. That has scientists puzzled.

Mars has long been known for its rust. Iron on its surface, combined with water and oxygen from the ancient past, give the Red Planet its hue. But scientists were recently surprised to find evidence that our airless Moon has rust on it as well.

A new paper in Science Advances reviews data from the Indian Space Research Organization's Chandrayaan-1 orbiter, which discovered water ice and mapped out a variety of minerals while surveying the Moon's surface in 2008. Lead author Shuai Li of the University of Hawaii has studied that water extensively in data from Chandrayaan-1's Moon Mineralogy Mapper instrument, or M3, which was built by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California. Water interacts with rock to produce a diversity of minerals, and M3 detected spectra – or light reflected off surfaces – that revealed the Moon's poles had a very different composition than the rest of it...

See article.

RobinB

I don't put much stock in the tv show "Ancient Aliens," but they did one episode that really creeped me out. It was about how the moon has a metal layer, and how it "rings" and how it could be hollow (with aliens living inside). Now I know it was ridiculous, but they made a lot of interesting points, including how our moon is closer to the earth than other moons were to their planets.

Lovin Jesus

There’s a lot that comes from science I find hard to digest. I won’t believe everything they say. Maybe, maybe if they go through one of those “ black holes” in space all the way through and come back to tell us what they found, then maybe I would move an inch closer to believing everything they say

Last edited:
There’s a lot that comes from science I find hard to digest. I won’t believe ever they say. Maybe, maybe if they go through one of those “ black holes” in space all the way through and come back to tell us what they found, then maybe I would move an inch closer to believing everything they say
Which would be impossible since the gravity would literally "spaghettify" them. In other words: it would be a fatal one way trip.

athenasius

Two scriptures might explain this

2 Peter 3:5
New King James Version
For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

King James Bible
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

And Peter was reminding his audience of Genesis 1:1-2 and 6-8NIV

NKJV
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

This suggests that water was present at Creation. And that was present on the first day of creation when the water was covering the earth as the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.

It isn't till the SECOND day that God creates the firmament-- heaven by separating the waters under the firmament from the waters above.

But look here on the FOURTH day: Genesis 1:14-19

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Where we see the definition of the place described as the firmament of the heavens-- God sets the Sun, the Moon and the stars in this space. We call it Space now.

And the Moon has rust because it was formed by God on the Fourth Day of Creation, while water was still above in that firmament of the heavens. (also explains comets-- those ice balls that invade the solar system getting smaller every time they pass the Sun as their water evaporates)

Len

And the Moon has rust because it was formed by God on the Fourth Day of Creation, while water was still above in that firmament of the heavens. (also explains comets-- those ice balls that invade the solar system getting smaller every time they pass the Sun as their water evaporates)
I have to apologise to my little grandson as I said earth was the only place there is water ....... he told me the moon had water on it.

GotGrace

New King James Version
For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

King James Bible
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

NKJV
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

This suggests that water was present at Creation. And that was present on the first day of creation when the water was covering the earth as the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.

It isn't till the SECOND day that God creates the firmament-- heaven by separating the waters under the firmament from the waters above.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Where we see the definition of the place described as the firmament of the heavens-- God sets the Sun, the Moon and the stars in this space. We call it Space now.

There are times I wish I could borrow your “thinker”

MapleLeaf

That’s crazy scientists do not know about water in space. Yes, even on the moon. Why do they call astronauts, astronauts then? Astro-star, Naut-nautical or water.

I can never figure out the mental gymnastics people go through to deny the Bible is true. :scratch
The comparison between deep space and the deep ocean is pretty common should all those nature documentaries be believed. I can see how people would treat them similarly in a philosophical sense. They are both worlds we cannot go without highly specialized equipment and training. Neither are fully understood. Of course, technology will make the ocean more likely to be studied properly and space is impossible. It is too huge. And a vacuum is very different than matter so heavy it would crush you, but it is still tangible matter.

Astronaut is more a metaphorical name rather than a confirmation or denial of water in space.

LiCaMi

New King James Version

King James Bible

NKJV

Book of Genesis ch 1:6-8

Was it supposed to be like this:

Water

Firmament

Water

To understand "firmament" as heaven better:

Water

Space
Blue sky

Water

Did I read it wrong?