Mom Fears

LindaLove

Yes, please! He still hasn't accepted Jesus Christ's gift of Salvation. He's attending my new church with me which is nice.
“Forensic Faith” By J. Warner Wallace might be a good book. It’s written by a homicide detective turned Christian who steps thru looking at the evidence for the existence of Christ, being a police office he might enjoy reading it from that perspective.

LindaLove

Could you equip them with a whistle or noise maker of some kind to use if they need help urgently?

I have read to teach your kids (or yourself) that if someone has a hold on you so that you can't run, to fall down and scream..*help me. This is not my parent. This is a stranger*....kick and flail the arms. Anything to make it harder for the abducter. Even with a knife or gun pressed against you, don't let him get you out of the public place.
This is good advice. Kids should be told that it's okay to scream “this is a stranger to me” if being pulled away…etc…There has got to be a hundred and one good books/videos out there that teach this…

Remember “Smokey the Bear” advertisements way back in time…and the saying “Stop, Drop & Roll” (if on fire). I remember some kid’s sleeve caught on fire during a camping trip and they started running around frantically, making it spread sooooo much worse, until someone finally tackled him to the ground. I find it bizarre that someone doesn’t know to “Stop, Drop and Roll” if on fire. I can see how beneficial yelling out that “this person is a stranger to me” would be good for adults to teach children.

cheeky200386

“Forensic Faith” By J. Warner Wallace might be a good book. It’s written by a homicide detective turned Christian who steps thru looking at the evidence for the existence of Christ, being a police office he might enjoy reading it from that perspective.
He's not a big reader, but I do agree that would be a great resource. I've visited his website and immediately wanted to share it with Mike, but refrained. I'll save it for the future if the opportunity presents itself to share it. Thank you for reminding me of it!

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
He's not a big reader, but I do agree that would be a great resource. I've visited his website and immediately wanted to share it with Mike, but refrained. I'll save it for the future if the opportunity presents itself to share it. Thank you for reminding me of it!
Cheeky, I read his book, Cold Case Christianity, and enjoyed it. I'm not sure that this guy is a Young Earth believer.
You can check it yourself if interested.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Thank you so much! On a side note, Mike said he is excited to start reading the Bible. He shared he wants to read it to me at night. I'm praying the Lord will convict him of his need of Jesus Christ.
AAAAAHHHHH! Thank You, Lord! This is so exciting!!!!!!!!
This is the very reason why God led you to Florida. These wonderful Godly men in his police department.
Side note - when we get a craving for the mountains and crisp fall air, we drive up to Georgia. The Blue Ridge mountains are lovely.

cheeky200386

This is the very reason why God led you to Florida. These wonderful Godly men in his police department.
Side note - when we get a craving for the mountains and crisp fall air, we drive up to Georgia. The Blue Ridge mountains are lovely.
I'll have to tell my husband. He's been getting mopy on me reminiscing of the Fall back at home. I keep trying not to fall into it with him (pun intended lol). I'll let him know we can plan a trip there and not have to pay for plane tickets. Thank you!!

cheeky200386

Wow the pictures are stunning. I sent Mike some of them and he's excited to check it out. Thank you again!! We both want to be officially done with the North East so it's awesome to see we can get a Fall season and never go back up there.

katt

There is a series of mysteries written by a Christian lawyer named Randy Singer..they are amazing..the church I went to in NC has many of his books in their Library..I devoured them..

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Wow the pictures are stunning. I sent Mike some of them and he's excited to check it out. Thank you again!! We both want to be officially done with the North East so it's awesome to see we can get a Fall season and never go back up there.
You're welcome! We get a cabin up there every few years and stay. It's so great. Whatever you do, do not go during the "Apple Festival!" It's soooo crowded during that time. If I remember correctly, it's some time in October, in the Ellijay/Blue Ridge area.

cheeky200386

As a former Floridian who hated it and always wanted to live in 4 seasons I can vouch for the Blue Ridge or the Smokies. Both are beautiful! We always vacationed there or at the beach.
Too bad it's a 10 hour drive from us. We'd have to take a week off just to make it worthwhile. That makes it tough to prioritize since we have family to visit in Colorado, MA, PA, and the Dominican Republic.

Hopefully my husband will get enough time off where we can make it to the Blue Ridge without compromising family visits.

alisani

As a former Floridian who hated it and always wanted to live in 4 seasons I can vouch for the Blue Ridge or the Smokies. Both are beautiful! We always vacationed there or at the beach.
As someone who lives within a 2 hour drive of the BR Pkwy I can confirm that they are always a joy, especially in fall. I would love it if I could find a way to get an RF group up here to our spread.