Mom Fears

cheeky200386

Cheeky my son who is now 41 was ADHD from the start. I had him on a leash to save him from darting into traffic because he had no ability to stop himself from doing whatever came into his extra busy little brain.

It didn't stifle him 1 iota. He's the nicest mellow guy you could meet, loves the Lord with all his heart and survived his childhood! and so did we. But I did deal with people who felt I was mistreating him. Mistreating him would be letting him dart out in front of a car, but they didn't see it like I did. I carried on. My goal was raising a live child to be a God fearing adult who contributes to society. Mission accomplished!

I second the above suggestions but you are so normal. Extra vigilance in a new place is normal as long as you don't amplify it.

Plus news outlets love to play up disaster. If it bleeds it leads is the old saying for TV and newspaper news rooms.

Then there are the disaster junkies who bring excitement to their lives by scaring the newbies to the neighbourhood.

You know, the same kind that when you are pregnant tell you horrifying tales of how people die in childbirth or suffer horribly the whole way thru. You end up after an encounter with these purveyors of sweetness and light shakin' in yer boots. They go away happy, they've spread their daily dose of doom while you are :waaa .

If you tell them you are happy, healthy and things are going well, they fix a beady eye on you, shake their heads and JUST WAIT.... they say.

Fix your eyes on Jesus, and remember Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God led you there every step of the way! He who led you there, keeps you in the palm of His hand.
Hahaha that's so true about the people who just love to frighten others. They always want to rain on someone's parade.

The moral of this story is that I definitely need to memorize the verses that focus on God's protection.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I tell myself, I guess I shouldn't worry about other mothers and just focus on God's plan for my son specifically
That's right, Cheeky. I wish that all the other mothers I've observed over the years had your strong, intuitive instinct to protect your child. You're wise to realize that, "yes, bad things can & do happen." So many young couples assume that everything is going to be just fine for my child, because it was fine for me as a child. I tended to be overly protective
(but not obsessively anxious) when our two sons were young. Like most children, they wanted to go to the toy aisle and look at the toys. I NEVER allowed them to go anywhere in any store without me right there with them. They're now 47 and almost 50. So thankful that they had a safe childhood. In these last days, it's not a good idea to leave them with a babysitter who's not trusted family member. God bless you dear Cheeky. The rapture I believe is soon, and all of us, our children, too, will be safely Home at last with our Savior:hug

LindaLove

Your fears are valid and exist for good reasons, this world is completely crazy and I don’t believe it’s very safe for children or women right now and is just getting worse. I don’t believe the news outlets are reporting hardly at all what is really going on in this area. I’ve been tracking a specific child case in Oregon on this and in doing so, I am finding out about the shocking amount of child court cases currently moving thru the system now in this area. There is just a ridiculous number of missing women and children in the USA right now.

I was almost abducted/trafficked twice, both in the 80’s. I lived in a really nice upper middleclass neighborhood. The 1st time I was walking home from school in the 5th grade. I lived only 1 block from my school, about 6 houses away. I would always walk w/ my friend and take a slightly longer route and we would depart at the corner, so I walked about 6 houses down from the school said good bye to my friend and then I was about 4 houses away from mine alone when a guy drove up in a car and tried to grab me…the other time I was applying for a job as a teenager (thru an ad in the paper) for a company that turned out to not exist…

If I had a child, I would have that implant that is currently about a size of a grain of rice implanted into their skin. It’s not like it’s the MOB (yet), it would just be a tracking device and nobody would know about it but you. I know that the bible tells us to not fear and I try to focus on trusting God for safety, but then I also take/use every possible way to protect myself that’s available.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I tended to be overly protective
(but not obsessively anxious) when our two sons were young. Like most children, they wanted to go to the toy aisle and look at the toys. I NEVER allowed them to go anywhere in any store without me right there with them.
Not overprotective at all!
When I worked in retail it was shocking the amount of people who let their kids just run off and run through the store. :ohno

Predators look for a lone wolf child. One who wants to wander off while the parent is distracted.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I bet if you polled us mamas (and daddys) you would find each of us has a specific set of fears for our kids. Cheeky, you were just brave enough to say it out loud. ♡♡♡♡
I do think as wickedness grows bolder, we do have to be more vigilant with our kids...in every aspect...physically. mentally and certainly spiritually.

Should we form a prayer group among ourselves to pray for the protection of our kids/grandkids? And wisdom as caregivers?

mphsmom

When my Daughter was little, I useD a chilD leash on her, anD I DiDn't care about the stares I got. She is now 21, anD I still worry about her being taken. I just saw a viDeo the other Day where a father kept finDing a zip tie on the back passenger siDe of her car every morning. She usually got out of work at 3am. The father talkeD to a relative that is in law enforcement, anD he saiD that it was a way that human trafficers iDentify someboDy that is easy pickings to take so that if someboDy wanteD to take her, the zip tie woulD let them know she was vulnerable.

cheeky200386

Your fears are valid and exist for good reasons, this world is completely crazy and I don’t believe it’s very safe for children or women right now and is just getting worse. I don’t believe the news outlets are reporting hardly at all what is really going on in this area. I’ve been tracking a specific child case in Oregon on this and in doing so, I am finding out about the shocking amount of child court cases currently moving thru the system now in this area. There is just a ridiculous number of missing women and children in the USA right now.

I was almost abducted/trafficked twice, both in the 80’s. I lived in a really nice upper middleclass neighborhood. The 1st time I was walking home from school in the 5th grade. I lived only 1 block from my school, about 6 houses away. I would always walk w/ my friend and take a slightly longer route and we would depart at the corner, so I walked about 6 houses down from the school said good bye to my friend and then I was about 4 houses away from mine alone when a guy drove up in a car and tried to grab me…the other time I was applying for a job as a teenager (thru an ad in the paper) for a company that turned out to not exist…

If I had a child, I would have that implant that is currently about a size of a grain of rice implanted into their skin. It’s not like it’s the MOB (yet), it would just be a tracking device and nobody would know about it but you. I know that the bible tells us to not fear and I try to focus on trusting God for safety, but then I also take/use every possible way to protect myself that’s available.
My mother was almost abducted to when she was 16/17 years old. She was leaving a friends house in Queens NY when a car filled with older men pulled up next to her. They said they think she could be a model and to get in. My mom said her hairs on her neck stood up so she immediately began screaming and running away.

I was almost abducted with my brother when I was 9 years old. He was 5 years old at the time. We would often walk to and from school if we missed the bus. On our walk back home, an older kid standing next to some older man asked if we wanted candy. I immediately said no and grabbed my brother's hand (who had said yes) and told him we needed to leave. As we kept walking home, I noticed some creepy man observing us from the corner on the other side of the street. Thankfully we were a few houses away from home and I told my brother to run.

We ran home, told my mom, and we never walked alone again. I still get shivers up my spine when I think of it and what could have happened to us.

This was in the 80's and 90's and we all know things are exponentially worse now. Yet, I know God protected my mom and me with my brother. I have to keep praying and trusting that the Lord will intervent when necessary for my son. It is hard not to be freaked out though.

cheeky200386

I bet if you polled us mamas (and daddys) you would find each of us has a specific set of fears for our kids. Cheeky, you were just brave enough to say it out loud. ♡♡♡♡
I do think as wickedness grows bolder, we do have to be more vigilant with our kids...in every aspect...physically. mentally and certainly spiritually.

Should we form a prayer group among ourselves to pray for the protection of our kids/grandkids? And wisdom as caregivers?
I would love that. I just always have a pit in my stomach feeling when I think of all the children abducted right now. It is one prayer that keeps coming up for me during the day and night, crying out to God for mercy.

cheeky200386

When my Daughter was little, I useD a chilD leash on her, anD I DiDn't care about the stares I got. She is now 21, anD I still worry about her being taken. I just saw a viDeo the other Day where a father kept finDing a zip tie on the back passenger siDe of her car every morning. She usually got out of work at 3am. The father talkeD to a relative that is in law enforcement, anD he saiD that it was a way that human trafficers iDentify someboDy that is easy pickings to take so that if someboDy wanteD to take her, the zip tie woulD let them know she was vulnerable.
That's awful. Thank God he found out what it was.

Carl

There has always been things I could just instictively trust the Lord to handle and things I see that I could pray til blue in the face and never let go of to God. My prostrate cancer I just let go and let God without a second thought. Other things I had to pray each time I thought about that problem.

Jojo4124

PS I dont know
I'm praying I'll be able to. I know Mike wants me to. He despises what's happening in the public and now even private schools.
You can do it! Homeschooling is a joy! There may be a Christian Homeschooling Org in your state...Ohio's is Christian Home Educators of Ohio. They show you exactly what to do, and not to do, according to your state laws. You can start checking it out now...see how it hits ya...there are, or were back in my home schooling days, different local groups you can visit, and probably lots of groups online, facebook groups, etc. You can do field trips sometimes with the groups, etc. Please make a post if you want more info on home schooling...I wonder how many families represented here have done it?

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I just always have a pit in my stomach feeling when I think of all the children abducted right now.
Cheeky, we all need to pray for children for God's protection to be over them, but
please don't allow your mind to dwell on thoughts like this. When I'm working quietly by myself in my kitchen, on a regular basis Satan will put thoughts in my mind that are very upsetting. It's best to have godly music playing or even sing songs of praise yourself to the One you love. Yesterday, when I was alone and doing outside work, I sang, "More Love to Thee, O, Christ." It was truly a prayer from my heart, and Satan left me alone. Also, memorizing and quoting Phil. 4:8 is good, too. If we put God's thoughts & His directions for us into our minds, Satan has to go elsewhere. I absolutely refuse to allow the enemy to control my thoughts or emotions. God's Word says I don't have to, and He's given us a better plan. We have two grandchildren, ages 2 & 4, and Satan was having a field day with causing me to fear for their safety to consume me. I pray regularly for them, our 3 older grandchildren and other people's children, as well. I love them all so much and I can't bear to read or hear of something bad happening to a child, so I don't. I just skip the story and pray instead.

alisani

Father God,

You know that we sometimes struggle to place our loved ones in Your hands, especially our children. We know that ultimately, they are Yours. You have sacrificed everything for them. Strengthen our trust in you and do not let the devil disturb our peace. Protect and provide for them in Your many and miraculous ways Father. Enable us to be the caregivers You would wish us to be and let us not fail in our most important job of showing them the way to You. Allow us to rest in your faithfulness so that you alone rule in our hearts. And shower us with Your absolutely perfect love which casts out fear. You alone are God. You have made us, and we are Yours. We are your people, the sheep of your pasture. Sing your songs of love over us by night and let us sleep in safety. Keep us from the fowler's snare and the arrow that flies by day. May all of the enemy's fiery darts fall useless at our feet and let us never forget that You go before us.

In the name of Your blessed Son Jesus, Amen.

cheeky200386

Father God,

You know that we sometimes struggle to place our loved ones in Your hands, especially our children. We know that ultimately, they are Yours. You have sacrificed everything for them. Strengthen our trust in you and do not let the devil disturb our peace. Protect and provide for them in Your many and miraculous ways Father. Enable us to be the caregivers You would wish us to be and let us not fail in our most important job of showing them the way to You. Allow us to rest in your faithfulness so that you alone rule in our hearts. And shower us with Your absolutely perfect love which casts out fear. You alone are God. You have made us, and we are Yours. We are your people, the sheep of your pasture. Sing your songs of love over us by night and let us sleep in safety. Keep us from the fowler's snare and the arrow that flies by day. May all of the enemy's fiery darts fall useless at our feet and let us never forget that You go before us.

In the name of Your blessed Son Jesus, Amen.
AMEN! This is a perfect prayer for all of us.

alisani

AMEN! This is a perfect prayer for all of us.
Yezzz. My girls are grown now but I struggled with the same issues when they were small. I never wanted them out of my sight. I felt no one could truly protect them but me. And with some of the things I lived in childhood, I had huge fears of those things happening to them. I tried to make constant bargains with God. But eventually He helped me realize I had to trust Him despite His refusal to make specific promises for their safety. So I can really appreciate your struggle and with the world as it is, I can truly understand just how much harder it must be to surrender that sweet little boy to God. The practical advice you've been given is all to the good. And I'll pray sis that your vigilance maintains its balance with trusting God so that your peace is not disturbed. I know how much you value your obedience to God but have patience with yourself through this process, yeah? :hug

katt

I worried about this as well..I saw a talk show about a woman whose child was sleeping on their couch..she went to the bathroom and when she came out her child was gone..someone came into the house and took her child..after that if my kids were sleeping and I couldn't take them with me when I went to the bathroom I made sure every door and window was locked before I went..

cheeky200386

Loving the new family avatar btw!!
Thank you. That was when Mike was sworn in a couple of weeks ago. It's been so nice to see him happy at work again. He tells me that the police department is filled with Christians. Many in the department openly praise God out loud, talk about church, and include Bible verses in their email signatures.

I'm so grateful that the Lord brought us here. The heat is intense but not as bad as I had remembered it when I was a kid. Then again we did visit Orlando then, now we're 10 minutes from the Gulf coast. That's been really nice too. I never though I would have the beach life lol.