Mockers Have Come

Reason & Hope

GotGrace, your posts brought a picture into my mind that I have never considered before.
I've traveled a bit, and I've watched Rick Steve's travel documentaries................
Can you imagine what is going to happen after we are raptured, and all of the gold-gilded cathedrals around the world
are looted by the masses??? And, that will happen.

I have always felt that after the rapture - and maybe even shortly before - the churches will fail miserably (many already are)
and true believers will go back to meeting in homes - after the rapture it will definitely go underground.
We went on a Rick Steves tour of Paris. Standing in some of those cathedrals, I thought, "I can understand why the people rebelled against the Catholic church in 1789." The Catholic church amassed huge wealth while the people were heavily taxed and poor. The Catholic church was basically another class of nobility stepping on the necks of the poor. And what did it offer in return? Works to earn your way to Heaven, the obligation to worship the saints (the same way the pagans worshipped their pagan deities), and the chance to buy indulgences to lessen your time in purgatory. I'm sure there were good priests and individuals who earnestly desired to know the Lord, but the rest of the religion was a harsh yoke.

fl2007rn

We went on a Rick Steves tour of Paris. Standing in some of those cathedrals, I thought, "I can understand why the people rebelled against the Catholic church in 1789." The Catholic church amassed huge wealth while the people were heavily taxed and poor. The Catholic church was basically another class of nobility stepping on the necks of the poor. And what did it offer in return? Works to earn your way to Heaven, the obligation to worship the saints (the same way the pagans worshipped their pagan deities), and the chance to buy indulgences to lessen your time in purgatory. I'm sure there were good priests and individuals who earnestly desired to know the Lord, but the rest of the religion was a harsh yoke.
I thought the same thing when I took a tour of the Vatican.

DeirdreM

Yes! I posted something anti Catholic and got replies that were so hateful! They will deny, deny, deny that when they go to a priest for forgiveness, that its really going straight to Jesus, not an actual human.

As if that weren’t enough, they start explaining how much holier they are than anyone else.. Lord isn’t it time to go home yet?

I am very thankful for this site!
I am Catholic and I would like to defend Catholicism. Or at least point out some of its virtues.

We passionately believe in ( and confess) the virgin birth, the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ,, and Jesus' second coming. ( in the words of the Apostle's creed and Nicene creed)
I have never seen a rainbow flag (pride flag) hung outside a Catholic church.
The most prominent object in the church interior is the crucifix, which reminds us of the unimaginably enormous price God Himself paid for our redemption.
The artwork is superb.
So is the music.
Those are a few good points.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I am Catholic and I would like to defend Catholicism. Or at least point out some of its virtues.

We passionately believe in ( and confess) the virgin birth, the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ,, and Jesus' second coming. ( in the words of the Apostle's creed and Nicene creed)
I have never seen a rainbow flag (pride flag) hung outside a Catholic church.
The most prominent object in the church interior is the crucifix, which reminds us of the unimaginably enormous price God Himself paid for our redemption.
The artwork is superb.
So is the music.
Those are a few good points.

I found this Catholic church in Washington, D.C. having a LGBTQ flag on their website. I wouldn't be surprised if you went to their church that they would have one there somewhere.

https://trinity.org/lgbtqia-ministry/

Do you think you can defend this? Take a look:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/god-trans-exhibit-catholic-church-divides-parishioners-enough-enough

This is shameful. It is blasphemy. :tsk

You can't defend Catholicism. The Bible does not describe a works based salvation plan as told by the men of Rome. Salvation is solely by grace thru faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. The RCC, sacraments, worshiping Mary, praying to dead saints, paying for indulgences, etc. can't save you.

It doesn't matter how pretty the RCC is on the outside. It is spiritually dead on the inside. :ohno

You might want to read the following link to find articles that explain the errors of the RCC.

https://www.raptureforums.com/category/roman-catholicism/

Andy C

It doesn't matter how pretty the RCC is on the outside. It is spiritually dead on the inside. :ohno
This reminds of the Words of Jesus
Matthew 23
27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’sbones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

kathymendel

When I visited the huge, very gold-gilded cathedral in St. Petersburg, Russia, I was appalled that so much had been spent
on the inside decor, while the people lived in such poverty. Same thing when I visited the Vatican. I imagined God sh...........aking
His head in consternation. I don't think He is impressed by any of it. In fact, in probably saddens Him. They made those
buildings as idols..........golden calves, so to speak.

Back