Minneapolis Becomes First Major U.S. City to Allow All Five Muslim Daily Prayer Calls

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The beautiful city I grew up in is first to fall :cry

I'm feeling more and more like Lot must have in Sodom :cry

I hope all of the church bells are ringing at full volume :tappingfoot

Mayor Jacob Frey signs change allowing Muslim call to prayer at any time in Minneapolis​

Mosque leader said he's prepared to field noise complaints.
By Dave Orrick
Star Tribune April 17, 2023 — 6:06pm

"Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey on Monday signed into law a change in the city's noise ordinance so that the Muslim call to prayer, or adhan, can be broadcast from speakers atop the city's 20 mosques at any time of the day.
When the changes take effect Friday, [April 21, 2023] Minneapolis will become the first major American city to allow all five daily calls to prayer to be amplified outdoors at any time, including the early morning hours before sunrise and late evening hours after sunset.
The signing, held inside the Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in the heavily East African-immigrant Cedar-Riverside neighborhood, was attended by a number of local Islamic leaders, several City Council members and Christian and Jewish leaders who supported the measure.
Frey, who is Jewish, compared the Muslim call to prayer to the ringing of church bells and the sounding of the shofar. "They are all important to our religions," he said. "They can all be heard."
"This change ultimately expands First Amendment-protected religious freedom," said Council Member Aisha Chughtai, who authored the amendment and is one of three Muslims serving on the council, which approved the change on a 12-0 vote last week.
While Monday's event carried a celebratory feel, leaders said they're prepared for the possibility of noise complaints once the earliest adhan begins."

More
https://www.startribune.com/mayor-j...-prayer-at-any-time-in-minneapolis/600267819/

Minneapolis becomes first major U.S. city to allow all five Muslim daily prayer calls​

A change to the city's noise ordinance ensures that the call to prayer, or adhan, can be broadcast from speakers year-round, five times a day.

By Dave Orrick
Star Tribune April 13, 2023 — 5:23pm

"Minneapolis on Thursday became the first major American city to permit unfettered broadcast of the Muslim call to prayer, allowing the adhan to be heard over speakers five times a day, year-round.
The Minneapolis City Council voted unanimously to amend the city's noise ordinance, which had prevented some morning and evening calls at certain times of the year because they occurred at times of the day when tighter noise restrictions are in place.
"The Constitution doesn't sleep at night," said Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), after the vote. He said Minneapolis' action should show the world that a "nation founded on freedom of religion makes good on its promise."
Thursday's vote, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, marked the capstone of a years-long effort to allow more calls to be broadcast in Minneapolis, whose burgeoning population of East African immigrants has led to mosques dotting the landscape."
Three council members — Aisha Chughtai, Jeremiah Ellison and Jamal Osman — identify as Muslim. "In a body of 13, that's a real caucus," Ellison said before the 12-0 vote (Council Member Andrew Johnson was absent).
Not only was the council vote unanimous, the decision drew no organized community opposition. Mayor Jacob Frey is expected to sign the measure within a week."

More
https://www.startribune.com/minneap...y-to-allow-all-muslim-prayer-calls/600266786/

:cry

:furious :rant :mad :wild

:apostasy :banning

Dear God, please hurry up! :rapture

:pray :pray :amen :amen

mphsmom

This is just plain wrong! It is nothing like church bells. Any excuse to bow down to that evil religion. Nobody needs to hear their noise. If they need noise blaring loudly all over the place to remember to pray, then something is wrong with them. I am SO grateful to God that there are no mosques anywhere in my area.

Ghoti Ichthus

So when I hear the call to blasphemy on the cell phone apps, I turn on the Hallelujah Chorus on my cell phone as loud as I can so I can't hear the satanic cacophony. It's not loud enough to drown out the minarets and loudspeakers when I've been within earshot of a mosque :mad However, playing the traditional liturgy and some of the old hymns on a large pipe organ with all the stops open . . . :biggrin

. . . or a skilled bell ringer with an old fashioned stone or brick bell tower or even a carrillion :biggrin

Dear God, bad enough that this abomination goes on, but now it's going to keep people from getting enough sleep, and it'll be even more difficult to protect tender young ears from this evil. Please hurry up! :rapture

Andy C

There goes the bottoming out of house prices near a mosque. Imagine having young children who are already hard to get to sleep, and then the wailing of their call to prayer blasting throughout the neighborhood……

Crazy how any US city would allow such noise, and sadly, not surprising, and Im sure many more will soon follow suit…….

Carl

The reason the Founding Fathers chose only Christianity is because they looked at all of them and saw that only Christianity said it all started with God. That God was the only one claiming to be in control completely. That God is the only one claiming Creation!
I'm sure that bit of decision making is in the Library of Congress if Congress would look.:pray:pray:pray

Ghoti Ichthus

Time to move out of the city.

I don't live within the city, although I do go into the city frequently. But if I did live there, I would have to ask God first since we are to be salt and light and engage in The Great Commission. If all the Christians and Jewish people leave, the city capitulates to muslim rule and sharia. The city is big enough to exert enormous influence throughout the Twin Cities and throughout the whole state. The strategic implications, including economic throughout the whole country because of the huge number of corporations headquartered here, which would accrue from abandoning the city, are very bad.

I can't move, anyway, because taking care of very elderly, frail Father in his house [sigh]

If The Lord tarries, once Dad goes home to Heaven, then (and before then) I need to pray (and listen) to God to ascertain where I'm to go and do, and what I need to do before then to get ready for whatever is His Will.

Back