Microsoft's next generation of Windows — What we know so far

Classic

I downloaded Microsoft's PC Health Check which will tell you if your computer meets the minimum requirements for Windows 11. One thing I noticed is that Windows 11 Home version will require an internet connection and a Microsoft account to install/setup the operating system. In their last couple of updates with a new computer or fresh install the only way you could avoid that was to not have an internet connection. It looks like they may have done away with that workaround for Windows 11. It appears that with the Professional version you can still create your account without logging in to a Microsoft account... I guess I'll be going professional from here on out.

This link takes you straight to the download for the PC Health Check app: https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

My pc and laptop are windows 7 pro. Before MS Office and all the other programs went to subscription plans.

The pc has never been connected to the internet, it starts up and powers down fast. No checking for updates, no linking to the mothership. Word starts immediately. Never locked up.

At work it’s all windows 10, and there all all kinds of odd problems. Everything is subscription based, internet is required.

I expect windows 11 will be all about Microsoft monitoring what you do and controlling what you see.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I expect windows 11 will be all about Microsoft monitoring what you do and controlling what you see.

With the pro version of 11 you can still log in in an anonymous fashion, or I should say you will be able to.

I'm using windows 10. I've avoided subscription software. I use Word Perfect Office and MS Office 2010. And tons of additional apps. Can't say that I've had any serious issues from the beginning of windows 7 to now.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Anybody know anything about Sprint? They sent me a new sim card a month or so ago so I could upgrade to take advantage of their new features, especially security. I haven't changed the card out yet and they keep asking me why. I don't have a good reason except that I don't trust any company these days. And my phone still works just fine so why upgrade?

Is it for 5G access/features?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Too much gobbledygook, malware, and spyware these days [sigh]

Technology is nice until it doesn't work or someone uses it in nefarious ways :frust