Michigan Governor Deems Gardening Supplies — Including Fruit And Vegetable Seeds — ‘Non-Essential’

Ohioan

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/11/gretchen-whitmer-gardening-seeds-non-essential/

Virginia Kruta Associate Editor
April 11, 2020 3:52 PM ET

Font Size:

Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s latest executive order deems a number of home-improvement and gardening items — including fruit and vegetable seeds — “non-essential.”

In addition to enforcing social distancing measures and limiting the number of people in the stores that were allowed to remain open — in order to slow the spread of coronavirusWhitmer’s April 9 order also gave explicit instructions with regard to items that could not be sold as they were considered “non-essential.”

Close areas of the store—by cordoning them off, placing signs in aisles, posting prominent signs, removing goods from shelves, or other appropriate means—that are dedicated to the following classes of goods:

• Carpet or flooring.
  • Furniture.
  • Garden centers and plant nurseries.
  • Paint.
The restriction on gardening supplies struck a nerve, which came just as the weather was beginning to warm to the proper temperatures for most early planting. (RELATED: Gretchen Whitmer Trolls Trump With ‘That Woman From Michigan’ Shirt)

[email protected] https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/11/gretchen-whitmer-gardening-seeds-non-essential/

greg64

I only pray that people will start to see through the nonsense. Reading comment sections (I know... extremely bad idea for one's mental health as well as sense of compassion for fellow citizens), it appears far too many support her and buy the talking points completely.

Can't have people growing their own food during a time of shortage... they might realize they don't need the government so much after all.

fl2007rn

I don't understand why you can't buy paint? I saw a commercial here in Florida today that said to please consider hiring a painter or contractor and get the outside of your house painted while on lockdown! No problem with social distancing and keep people working.

Also, why can't you buy seeds, flowers, or plants?

What if one of your appliances breaks down? Can you go to Home Depot and replace it?

greg64

She thought people were spending too much time in big box stores, so decided certain items weren't worth the risk and ordered them taped off. After all, if they are forced out of work, why should people work around the house? Of course, lottery tickets are still on the "necessary" list, as are pot dispensaries.

Also, for some reason, landscapers, window washers, etc. who work exclusively outside aren't worth the risk either. Must be too much traffic or people at the gas pumps. I've seen comments where people are mad at those who drive anywhere that they're increasing the risk of auto accidents and therefore stressing the medical system and putting us all at risk.

You can't make this stuff up. But hey, she just might turn out to be Biden's pick for VP. If elected, she can help him destroy the rest of the country like she's doing here. All in the name of saving it, of course.

That rustling sound you're hearing is the founders turning over in their graves.

greg64

I don't understand why you can't buy paint? I saw a commercial here in Florida today that said to please consider hiring a painter or contractor and get the outside of your house painted while on lockdown! No problem with social distancing and keep people working.

Also, why can't you buy seeds, flowers, or plants?

What if one of your appliances breaks down? Can you go to Home Depot and replace it?
As far as I know, you can buy appliances. Just not paint or garden supplies. Home Depot and Lowe's are still open, but apparently with lots of caution tape.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
She thought people were spending too much time in big box stores, so decided certain items weren't worth the risk and ordered them taped off. After all, if they are forced out of work, why should people work around the house? Of course, lottery tickets are still on the "necessary" list, as are pot dispensaries.

Also, for some reason, landscapers, window washers, etc. who work exclusively outside aren't worth the risk either. Must be too much traffic or people at the gas pumps. I've seen comments where people are mad at those who drive anywhere that they're increasing the risk of auto accidents and therefore stressing the medical system and putting us all at risk.

You can't make this stuff up. But hey, she just might turn out to be Biden's pick for VP. If elected, she can help him destroy the rest of the country like she's doing here. All in the name of saving it, of course.

That rustling sound you're hearing is the founders turning over in their graves.
My DH was kinda passive about this until he heard he's not supposed to be riding his motorcycle.
I have to say passivity is a turn off.

greg64

Just watched Jack Hibbs and Don Stewart live on the latest Happening Now. They called out Gov. Whitmer a couple of times at one point and we couldn't help bursting out in laughter. Then had some very nice things to say about Andy Woods during the q and a segment. The two hours flew by. I so needed that!!

Ohioan

You,ll love this bio about Gretchin from Wiki Bio Worth

Gretchen Whitmer is a democratic leader of America who has proven to be one of the greatest politicians of all time. She came into fame after she got elected as a Governor Of Michigan. She is loved for being loyal to her citizens and executed more effective ethics standards in Michigan.

Read more at Wiki Bio Worth:
Gretchen Whitmer
https://wikibioworth.com/gretchen-whitmer/

Ohioan

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-g...ing-tone-around-michigan-marijuana-regulation

Under the new law, LARA’s newly formed Bureau of Marijuana Regulation is to oversee licensing of commercial outlets. The law requires the bureau to make license applications available by December.

Given that Michigan has more than a million pot smokers, the economic stakes are considerable.

The state Senate Fiscal Agency estimates recreational pot sales will reap $262 million more in annual tax revenues by 2023. An estimate by a Colorado-based consulting firm put the estimated revenue much lower, at about $135 million by the time the market matures.

Ohioan

What is important is the selling of Pot during the pandemic: but,

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-...droxychloroquine-of-professional-consequences

MI Gov. Places Restrictions on Hydroxychloroquine; Constituent Who Credits the Drug for Saving His Life Wants to Talk

Posted at 7:00 pm on March 27, 2020 by Elizabeth Vaughn

Wal-Mart pharmacy technician Mark Pool fills a generic anti-inflammatory prescription at a Little Rock, Ark., Wal-Mart Super Center store in a file photo from Oct. 19, 2006. By boosting the power of Democrats in Congress, voters likely set in motion legislative efforts to lower the price of pharmaceuticals and rein in military spending. But with the two parties stalemated in the Senate, where it usually takes 60 votes to pass major legislation, companies such as Merck
Editor’s note: This headline has been updated to better reflect the Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs’ initial announcement on the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat coronavirus.

The Detroit News’
Kathy Hoekstra reports that Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has sent a letter to all physicians and pharmacists in the state warning of “professional consequences” if they prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. Hoekstra writes that “beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.” It also orders pharmacists to “ignore physician orders for this medication.”

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
You,ll love this bio about Gretchin from Wiki Bio Worth

Gretchen Whitmer is a democratic leader of America who has proven to be one of the greatest politicians of all time. She came into fame after she got elected as a Governor Of Michigan. She is loved for being loyal to her citizens and executed more effective ethics standards in Michigan.

Read more at Wiki Bio Worth:
Gretchen Whitmer
https://wikibioworth.com/gretchen-whitmer/
I didn't realize Wiki Bio Worth was actually Wiki Autobio Worth. :ahaha

Ohioan

They need to update it. She's moved on to trying to execute common sense and the Constitution, as well.
Seems as there are those that still do, that is. support our constitution

https://www.theblaze.com/news/michigan-sheriffs-buck-whitmers-orders

News April 16, 2020

Michigan sheriffs buck Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's restrictive orders: She's 'overstepping her executive authority'

They've had enough

Erin Kirkland/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Phil Shiver

Four county sheriffs in Michigan have announced opposition to Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's restrictive stay-at-home orders, arguing that the governor is "overstepping her executive authority" amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Ditch the fake news ==> Click here to get news you can trust sent right to your inbox. It's free!

In a news release Wednesday afternoon, the sheriffs from Manistee, Benzie, Leelanau, and Mason counties, asserted that they would not strictly enforce the governor's orders but instead "deal with every case as an individual situation and apply common sense in assessing the apparent violation."
The news came as thousands flooded the state capitol Wednesday afternoon in protest of Whitmer's executive orders.
"While we understand her desire to protect the public, we question some restrictions that she has imposed as overstepping her executive authority," the release states. "She has created a vague framework of emergency laws that only confuse Michigan citizens."

[email protected] https://www.theblaze.com/news/michigan-sheriffs-buck-whitmers-orders

Basscat

I only pray that people will start to see through the nonsense. Reading comment sections (I know... extremely bad idea for one's mental health as well as sense of compassion for fellow citizens), it appears far too many support her and buy the talking points completely.

Can't have people growing their own food during a time of shortage... they might realize they don't need the government so much after all.
Order your tools and seed(non-Gmo) on line.
Plant your Victory Garden. Be creative to circumvent these Nicolaitans. God has a word for them in Isaiah 32:5-8. The instruments of the Churl are evil. Their lies end up destroying the poor. These people that deem themselves as elitist speak lies and practice hypocrisy. Look behind the screen to see whose pulling the strings and you'll find the globalist.

Brother Chuck

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Just watched Jack Hibbs and Don Stewart live on the latest Happening Now. They called out Gov. Whitmer a couple of times at one point and we couldn't help bursting out in laughter. Then had some very nice things to say about Andy Woods during the q and a segment. The two hours flew by. I so needed that!!
She has made herself a laughing stock, fodder for late-night television for sure