Methodist seminary prioritizes Wiccan, other unbiblical religions

endofdays

Methodist seminary prioritizes Wiccan, other unbiblical religions​

The United Methodist Church is splitting over liberal theology and its view of the Bible. In fact, one of the denomination's seminaries has abandoned Christian theology altogether.

"[They have] students who are Hindus, Universalists, Jews, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, agnostic," Ayars lists. "One of their senior M.Div. students served at the Wiccan church, which would be a witch church, a paganist church."

In fact, The Institute on Religion & Democracy – a group that advocates for Christian orthodoxy – argues in a recent piece that the Colorado seminary "embraces" paganism; and points out that Iliff's explanation of its core values "says nothing directly about God, Jesus Christ, or the Bible."

https://afn.net/church/2022/02/22/methodist-seminary-prioritizes-wiccan-other-unbiblical-religions/

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Do not add or take away from the :bible. There are many cults and the occult out there. Churches that do this are not teaching sound doctrine false teachers. :wolf I would not step foot in a so-called church like that.

Last edited:

mattfivefour

Methodist seminary prioritizes Wiccan, other unbiblical religions​

The United Methodist Church is splitting over liberal theology and its view of the Bible. In fact, one of the denomination's seminaries has abandoned Christian theology altogether.

"[They have] students who are Hindus, Universalists, Jews, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, agnostic," Ayars lists. "One of their senior M.Div. students served at the Wiccan church, which would be a witch church, a paganist church."

In fact, The Institute on Religion & Democracy – a group that advocates for Christian orthodoxy – argues in a recent piece that the Colorado seminary "embraces" paganism; and points out that Iliff's explanation of its core values "says nothing directly about God, Jesus Christ, or the Bible."

https://afn.net/church/2022/02/22/methodist-seminary-prioritizes-wiccan-other-unbiblical-religions/
It is true that nowhere on their entire site (and I have spent took much time perusing it) do they refer to God, Jesus Christ, or the Bible. They do, however, speak a lot about intersectionality, justice, respect for other cultures, and other religious traditions.

katt

The little town my mom hrew up in only had two Churches, a Methodist and a Baptist, those that went to one in the Morning went to the other at night and vise versa, I don't remember what was preached at the Methodist church one night, but my mother's father told the pastor that he and his family would not be back..and they never did go back.. it seems that even way back then they were starting to become un biblical.