METEORS FROM HALLEY'S COMET

GEOINTAnalyst

Earth is entering a stream of debris from Halley's Comet, source of the annual eta Aquarid meteor shower. Forecasters expect the shower to peak on May 5th and 6th. Rates could be as high as 30 meteors per hour in the southern hemisphere, but only half that in the northern hemisphere. The best time to look is just before local sunrise when the constellation Aquarius is high in the sky.

https://spaceweather.com/

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I'm not getting up that early. But that sounds neat. I love meteor showers.
I would check it out if we lived in western Nebraska, but on the eastern side of the state just too much light pollution, hard to see stars on a clear night. On the western side of the state especially in the panhandle they have excellent night time darkness, great for viewing the Milky Way and other more distant celestial formations by telescope. There is a special event in the panhandle every year, Nebraska Star Party at Merritt reservoir, many Rv's from across the country stay for a few days or more and set up telescopes for viewing and pictures.

MapleLeaf

I live by an open field but there is a street light right at the foot of our driveway so it really hampers our stargazing ability. I found if I stand in one corner of the house where a tree blocks out the light from my field of vision I can see more stars but the dark is scary and we have bears. LOL I'm such a baby.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I live by an open field but there is a street light right at the foot of our driveway so it really hampers our stargazing ability. I found if I stand in one corner of the house where a tree blocks out the light from my field of vision I can see more stars but the dark is scary and we have bears. LOL I'm such a baby.
Bears are a very valid fear.

The only bears I'm going near voluntarily are my sister's teddies.