Meghan Markle plans to move to Los Angeles only after Trump leaves office, report

antitox

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-los-angeles-after-trump-leaves-office-report

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly want to make Los Angeles their new home following the announcement that they will "step back" as members of the Royal Family, but only after Donald Trump's presidency ends.

Even though the couple plans to live in Canada to start off, their true goal is to eventually have a home or business in Los Angeles, anonymous sources told the Daily Mail.

Markle, 38, has been openly critical of Trump, reportedly calling him "divisive" and "misogynistic" back in 2016. The Duchess of Sussex threatened to move to Canada if he defeated Hillary Clinton back in the 2016 election, according to the outlet.

Markle was on maternity leave during Trump's first state visit to the United Kingdom and couldn't make it, according to Politico. After news broke that she would miss his visit, he was asked by a Sun reporter during a pre-trip Oval Office interview back in June if he knew Markle was critical to him during his campaign, the outlet added.

“I didn’t know that, no. I didn’t know that. No, I hope she’s OK. I did not know that, no,” Trump replied.

“A lot of people moving here, so what can I say? No, I didn’t know that she was nasty,” Trump said when asked if he knew why she wasn't "very nice" to him, according to the outlet.

When discussing where they want to live, Markle and Harry, 35, used the broad brush of "North America," which doesn't "pin them down to one place," the outlet's source explained.

The U.K. tabloid added the move is "by no means an immediate thing." Markle, however, grew up in Los Angeles and her mother, Doria Ragland, still lives there.

The couple announced Wednesday they would "step back" from royal duties.

yrrek

I really dislike all the hate against them. Without Jesus they are going to think like that. At least they are staying out of our politics by not voting. She is still an American citizen and I really think people should mind their own business. They try to be private. Tabloids, media have made this a so called “crisis” I would hate to have my life revolve around an entire country/world. I by no means are a fan of Megan. But she’s human and needs Jesus.

Kaatje

Listening for that trumpet sound
I really dislike all the hate against them. Without Jesus they are going to think like that. At least they are staying out of our politics by not voting. She is still an American citizen and I really think people should mind their own business. They try to be private. Tabloids, media have made this a so called “crisis” I would hate to have my life revolve around an entire country/world. I by no means are a fan of Megan. But she’s human and needs Jesus.
:agree

Footsteps

This drama is embarrassing because it plays out on the world stage. I can't imagine my life being watched like The Truman Show. Now the world knows Harry tried to get his wife a job doing cartoon voiceovers.
Just another example of life in an Earthly palace being something that cannot satisfy.

moosejive

Her response is exactly what I would expect from a West coast liberal. While Trump may be loud, brash and at times vulgar, he still is President and the office should be respected for that reason alone. I didn’t see Conservatives taking to the streets screaming and protesting after Obummer was in office. Or harassing people in restaurants... I know I found it distressing he was elected again, the losing side (i.e. conservatives ) went about their business without disrupting the rest of America with their childish behavior.

When Obummer was inviting the Muslim Brotherhood to the WH, celebrating Islam as having “contributed “ to the development of America, kowtowing and apologizing to Muslims on a ME tour after he was elected the first time, calling the Muslim call to prayer “the prettiest sound”, there were no riots in the street, talking heads in MSM dissing him at every turn.

The double standard liberals and the MSM have is all too clear....they’re not happy with the outcome of 2016 election and like a dog with a bone” just can’t let it be. Let them all move to Canada as they have promised to....please. :rolleyes3

athenasius

You don't have to worry, she's moving with Harry and the baby to our neck of the woods. Our BC media and population are used to Hollywood North celebs, we didn't bug them and gave them some much needed privacy over Christmas which they were grateful for.

It's either us or Toronto, and likely it's us, same time zone as Hollywood South. Easier commute. G and I take the Vancouver to LA flights often for cruising, and there's a lot of film stars you see in their off hours doing the commute. Nobody bugs them. Vancouver and BC in general does a lot of film work due to lower costs and taxes than California.

No good deed goes unrewarded though, and I'm just hoping they don't take that as an open invite for environmental activism or expecting our tax payers to take over from the British tax payers to foot the bill for their security. Charles can afford to do that!

There's been talk of allowing Harry to become Governor General of Canada (which is an office that is considered belonging to the Queen in it's role in our Parliament) and that wouldn't be good either as he and Meghan might take that to mean an open invitation to meddle in our politics.

I hope for 2 things:

1 They get the chance to have a life with a modicum of privacy and autonomy like all of us prefer. (and the chance to get SAVED!)

2 They mind their own business and don't meddle in our politics or our environmental concerns. It's none of their business.

As for the entourage that comes with them moving into my province, I don't care. If they want privacy people here usually don't pry.

I am not thrilled with the paparazzi that will follow, but perhaps we can discourage them, the paparazzi don't have an easy time of it here harassing celebs due to our laws so that might help.

Last edited:

yrrek

Her response is exactly what I would expect from a West coast liberal. While Trump may be loud, brash and at times vulgar, he still is President and the office should be respected for that reason alone. I didn’t see Conservatives taking to the streets screaming and protesting after Obummer was in office. Or harassing people in restaurants... I know I found it distressing he was elected again, the losing side (i.e. conservatives ) went about their business without disrupting the rest of America with their childish behavior.

When Obummer was inviting the Muslim Brotherhood to the WH, celebrating Islam as having “contributed “ to the development of America, kowtowing and apologizing to Muslims on a ME tour after he was elected the first time, calling the Muslim call to prayer “the prettiest sound”, there were no riots in the street, talking heads in MSM dissing him at every turn.

The double standard liberals and the MSM have is all too clear....they’re not happy with the outcome of 2016 election and like a dog with a bone” just can’t let it be. Let them all move to Canada as they have promised to....please. :rolleyes3
But if all she sees is what the media puts out do you really blame her? She’s not in Los Angeles where she came from. Imagine what a shock if will be going down poo avenue.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I didn’t see Conservatives taking to the streets screaming and protesting after Obummer was in office. Or harassing people in restaurants... I know I found it distressing he was elected again, the losing side (i.e. conservatives ) went about their business without disrupting the rest of America with their childish behavior.
Excellent point. I've often thought the same thing. :sad

athenasius

Their reason for leaving was not privacy, but "financial independence."
Yep, about that---- the Royal family is asking Trudeau and all Canadian taxpayers to foot the bill for their security detail. Choke!!!! That's been on our news for 2 days although I haven't heard about the final details, which knowing how Trudeau works, he probably agreed to, then will lie about it till a whistle blower spills the beans.

Seems to me that the definition of financial independence might be a little elastic.