McCaul: Chances of China-Taiwan Conflict ‘Very High’ if Biden Continues to Project ‘Weakness’

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that the possibility of war between China and Taiwan is “very high.”

Anchor Shannon Bream said, “I want to start with this reports of a top general who is making a comment about a potential war with China in 2025, get your reaction to this. NBC News is citing a memo to his officers with this quote, ‘I hope I am wrong,’ he says to them. ‘My gut tells me will fight in 2025.’ That’s being met with a lot of different reactions, some skepticism this is attributed to the opinion of one man. What do you make of that?”

McCaul said, “I hope he’s wrong as well. I think he’s right, though, unfortunately.”

Bream said, “Wait, an actual war?”

McCaul said, “I think China is looking at you reunification of Taiwan, that’s how they called it. There are several ways to do that. The one is to influence the election will take place a year from today.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...-high-if-biden-continues-to-project-weakness/

The west along with Ukraine itself was practically begging Russia to invade Ukraine. It was strange to watch all the goading coming from the west.

Has the same thing begun with regards to trying to get China to invade Taiwan? If the west is going to goad China into invading Taiwan, I guess we'll start to recognize the activity soon enough.

JimFromOhio

House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that the possibility of war between China and Taiwan is “very high.”

Anchor Shannon Bream said, “I want to start with this reports of a top general who is making a comment about a potential war with China in 2025, get your reaction to this. NBC News is citing a memo to his officers with this quote, ‘I hope I am wrong,’ he says to them. ‘My gut tells me will fight in 2025.’ That’s being met with a lot of different reactions, some skepticism this is attributed to the opinion of one man. What do you make of that?”

McCaul said, “I hope he’s wrong as well. I think he’s right, though, unfortunately.”

Bream said, “Wait, an actual war?”

McCaul said, “I think China is looking at you reunification of Taiwan, that’s how they called it. There are several ways to do that. The one is to influence the election will take place a year from today.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...-high-if-biden-continues-to-project-weakness/

The west along with Ukraine itself was practically begging Russia to invade Ukraine. It was strange to watch all the goading coming from the west.

Has the same thing begun with regards to trying to get China to invade Taiwan? If the west is going to goad China into invading Taiwan, I guess we'll start to recognize the activity soon enough.
I think that this will take place before 2025. Why would China wait. America is weak and they have a president that is in their pocket.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think that this will take place before 2025. Why would China wait. America is weak and they have a president that is in their pocket.

I hope not. I personally see Taiwan as strategically important to the USA and worth us going all in if a China invasion appears imminent. But yeah, the timing of between now and then is probably ideal.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If our war with China is managed with the same lack of preparation and “arms merchant only” mentality as the Ukraine “special military operation”, we‘ll be out of ammo, cash, will, and actual arms merchants to trade for basketball players in a few weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe tells us that we don’t need Taiwan’s chips because Frito Lay has already filled the Strategic Chip Reserve and Joe promises not to loot it if customers get mad about chipflation.
I see two winning strategies for war with China:
1) Let China have Taiwan and California. This could enable us to avoid the loss of one military life. It would fast track California’s quest for dictatorship and let them enjoy their drugs. All residents of California who wish to leave for another State may do so, but California’s eastern border may not be crossed after an agreed upon deadline. If Biden or another idiot remains President, China will cross the California border and take the rest of America. But hey, you win some, you lose some.
2) Nuke China immediately and without warning. (Capture Milley before he alerts them). Destroy China completely and ensure they can never recover. Rename Taiwan “China” and agree to the one China policy, meaning that The Country Formerly Known as Taiwan is now the only China.

I think your option 2 is the way to proceed.

MapleLeaf

I think your option 2 is the way to proceed.
But wouldn't Taiwan suffer from the radiation fallout? I do think Taiwan is the real China anyways as that is where their leaders fled when Mao did his brutal takeover, if I recall correctly. I'm rather fuzzy on Chinese history and only did a brief overview with the kids during homeschool. I am curious about the timing of it all too because my grandfather was born there while his family was fleeing from the Soviet and looking for another country to take them in as refugees. He was born in the mid to late 30s so some of that Red Revolution must have been starting in localized pockets by then.

Back