Max Lucado and the Church of Christ

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Thought I'd chime in an old thread re: Max Lucado. Say what you may about his church / ministry associations, he has a recent video (31 July 2020) on YouTube called 'Believers Will Be Leaving'. Absolutely spot on. It's a fantastic summary of the pretrib rapture position.
Yes I just watched this video myself and was delighted to learn that Max is pretrib. Have
Always loved his books.

annieforjesus

I've recently been watching his new videos, but I hit a wall when I came across one that has Bethel Music at the end, and Max thanked Bill Johnson for the music...so, dear Max may not know what a false teacher Johnson is...but I won't listen to Bethel or Hillsong music even if it is wildly popular..am I right on this?

Son of the Rock

The COC in my area is also into works. But they concentrate on holiness. They're good people. Many of their groups hold to the 'Restoration Principle' doctrine. It's based on Alexander Campbell's teaching from the 1700-1800's. It suggests that God wants to restart a universal empirical church.

Campbell's theory goes that somehow the early church was misled by the Emperor Constantine and lost their way doctrinely. Ever since God's been looking for a man or group to 'get His church back'. The JW's, SDA, Mormons, COC all have been heavily influenced by Campbell, and all think they are God's sole church. Charles Russel, William Miller, Joseph Smith all step forward with their followers thinking they are 'God's Man' at the time, to 'restore the church'. Practically every cult believes this. I'm not saying the COC is a cult. I believe they are wrong on this one point though.

It makes Jesus look like a bumbler that cannot hang onto his own church, outfoxed by a mere roman emperor. Actually a careful reading of Revelation 2nd and 3rd chapters we see Jesus dealing with different churches with different styles. In the Gospels, when some people were exorcising demons and they weren't with the apostles' group, an apostle asked Jesus "do you want us to stop them?", Jesus said no, 'whoever was not against Him was for Him'. Jesus never supported a 'Universal Church' on earth, without him being there. It's about relationship not religion.

One would think that looking at the way the Catholic Church has been that why would any Christian denomination aspire to be 'the only true church'? The COC is trying to get away from the doctrine, the older COC congregations hold on to it, the younger ones have left it.

Last edited:

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Thought I'd chime in an old thread re: Max Lucado. Say what you may about his church / ministry associations, he has a recent video (31 July 2020) on YouTube called 'Believers Will Be Leaving'. Absolutely spot on. It's a fantastic summary of the pretrib rapture position.
I just saw this, because I had never heard Max Lucado speak a premillennial, Pretribulational, Pro-Millennial Kingdom sermon. But yes, he does a good job of it. Most recently "The Mark of the Antichrist Revealed" on YT. Wow. In this message he in agreement with us. I wonder how long he has had this position?
Blessings

ozaprah

I just saw this, because I had never heard Max Lucado speak a premillennial, Pretribulational, Pro-Millennial Kingdom sermon. But yes, he does a good job of it. Most recently "The Mark of the Antichrist Revealed" on YT. Wow. In this message he in agreement with us. I wonder how long he has had this position?
Blessings
Wow indeed. What a teaching gift to compress all that so clearly in a 30 min sermon. Bookmark that one.

annieforjesus

Kerbluey, thank you for your post! It brought back memories of a dear sweet lady who lived at the ALF that I owned in Florida , years ago..she was from West Va and pronounced her name loo kay doe...