Matthew 24 "The Olivet Discourse"

RestInHim

I understand that there is more than one interpretation with regards to Matthew 24. I did a search on the Forums here but did not come up with anything. If anyone is familiar with any Threads that could be helpful I would appreciate it. They way I have in past time looked at Matt. 24: 4-14 is that is the first 3 and a half years of The Tribulation. And, the end of the 3 and a half years starts at verse 15-28 and is known as the Great Tribulation/The Abomination of Desolation. I'm looking to see what others have to say. W. Warren Wiersbe has a little diff. look than I've heard and believed!

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

I'm fascinated by Matthew 24. I Start by the premise of the three questions they asked Jesus.

1) when shall these things be?
2) And what shall be the sign of thy coming?
3) And of the end if the world?

After that, I'm not confident I can figure out where chronologically everything fits.

RonJohnSilver

I know that we have discussed this topic in the past. How to locate it, though, can be troublesome as our thoughts tend to wander. My understanding is that all of Matt. 24 and 25 refer to the Second Coming. Two other useful, and free, sources are the internet sites of David Guzik (www.enduringword.com) and Thomas Constable (www.planobiblechapel.org). Both are very good and solid. And free.

Almost Heaven

I know that we have discussed this topic in the past. How to locate it, though, can be troublesome as our thoughts tend to wander. My understanding is that all of Matt. 24 and 25 refer to the Second Coming. Two other useful, and free, sources are the internet sites of David Guzik (www.enduringword.com) and Thomas Constable (www.planobiblechapel.org). Both are very good and solid. And free.
Yes! I love the enduring word. I haven't use the other source!

RestInHim

I'm working on a PDF (still a work in progress) that associates common verses between Matthew 24 and Revelation. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're asking for, but might be helpful? I used the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and Logos with search filters to associate common scripture.

Matthew 24 and Revelation - common verses (PDF)

Thank you for sharing this, I will most definitely take look at it! :thankyou

RestInHim

Yes, that is my understanding of it as well, but, I've seen some other comments on it as well, it is certainly an interesting study and I will look at these sites you've shared. I am familiar with David Guzik but not his site. :thankyou

RestInHim

I'm fascinated by Matthew 24. I Start by the premise of the three questions they asked Jesus.

1) when shall these things be?
2) And what shall be the sign of thy coming?
3) And of the end if the world?

After that, I'm not confident I can figure out where chronologically everything fits.

Yes, to those 3 points and same here, I need guidance from those who are much more equipped and gifted to navigate this as well. :)

RonJohnSilver

RestInHim

RonJohnSilver

Thanks. I did a quick search on David's site and found a few studies. I went to Thomas Constable's and can't seem to do a search for Matthew 24 and get anything, I don't know what I'm not doing to find something. Any suggestions?

On the www.planobiblechapel.org site, at the main page go to the resources tab. Constables notes are there. Then choose the book you want.

Back