Masks Do Not Work. Period.

ChildofLight

My brother has immunity issues with all the rashes and this and that he is dealing with plus he has MRSA. He and I both only wear one when have too which is most everywhere now. He usually doesn’t go in anywhere due to using a walker. The only place is our little local convenience store at which no one wears one. There he gets out and goes in to see some of his acquaintances.
My sister has diabetes so her and her husband went in lockdown in March. She fumigated everything coming into the house. When things started reopening he started back to getting groceries and such. Masks being mandated he wears it to the places he has to go. My sister has doctor appointments and hates wearing one as it makes it even harder to breathe. She has to take Lasix for swelling as it is to help her breathing as well as reduce swelling in the feet. Actually a few years ago there was a respiratory illness going around. My sister had it and we thought she was on her death bed then. She wasn’t hospitalized but it took her like 3 months before she ever got over it.
Maybe the vitamin D helps since they both take it and I’m outside in the sun working a lot or Christ is just watching over us keeping us safe is what I believe.

cheeky200386

I don't understand why some act as though asking us to wear a mask is a threat to our religious freedom. I have no problem wearing one. I wear one to church, although many do not.

I have a dear friend who recently got Covid from a person who was asymptomatic; she was a carrier and didn't know it. She felt fine; he ended up in intensive care. A mask may have prevented this.

I think of when they made seat belts mandatory. I didn't like it but it was law, so I follow it. Some say they saves lives; some not. But I wear one anyway.

Because they aren't asking, they are mandating it even though data shows it's not effective. That's why. If you like it, that's one thing, but the rest of us that don't should not be forced to wear them.

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Approximate hole size in mask .006 inches and that is likely generous based on type of material used

Corona virus size .0000055 inches.

Each extra zero is an order of magnitude smaller. So virus is 1000 times smaller than the opening in a cloth mask

Cloth masks cannot stop you from being exposed to the virus. So they give everyone a false sense of security.
This is exactly what I been hearing.

EricaElaine

Seriously, I have been informed by a doctor I see on a regular basis that sinus infections are shooting through the roof. He believes it's the result of bacteria in masks.

Back when I worked in nursing homes we were suppose to change those masks after 10 minutes when we wore them into isolation rooms. And no touching it once you're in!

It's so dirty the way it's being done. Mine's been in my pocket, my purse, possibly the floor of my car as I tossed it and missed the seat. It's horrible and I know better.

There's been a lot of strep throat in our area all summer. Numbers for that are normally higher during the school year. And we're distancing. It would seem the masks like to trap bacteria.

InMidian

The cloth masks, homemade or not, are the worst. Cloth masks do not filter anything, going out or coming in. As you breathe out all you are doing is trapping carbon dioxide in your mask, which is the one thing cloth masks are actually good at. So by wearing one, you are endangering your health more than you are protecting it. The moisture from your breath is caught in these masks and can become mildew ridden overnight. You may wind up with mask-induced dry coughing, allergies, and a sore throat from the micro-mold in your mask.

I work in a nursing home on the weekends in the therapy department. I'm required to wear a mask, face shield, plastic gown and gloves with each new patient I work with. At the end of the day, I'm congested, have a headache, coughing and soaking wet with sweat. The next day, I feel as if I have bronchitis. I don't know how healthcare workers survive wearing this stuff for 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week!! Btw - I have a suppressed immune system and haven't caught this stupid virus yet. I just practice caution and good hygiene.

The cloth masks, homemade or not, are the worst. Cloth masks do not filter anything, going out or coming in. As you breathe out all you are doing is trapping carbon dioxide in your mask, which is the one thing cloth masks are actually good at. So by wearing one, you are endangering your health more than you are protecting it. The moisture from your breath is caught in these masks and can become mildew ridden overnight. You may wind up with mask-induced dry coughing, allergies, and a sore throat from the micro-mold in your mask.

I work in a nursing home on the weekends in the therapy department. I'm required to wear a mask, face shield, plastic gown and gloves with each new patient I work with. At the end of the day, I'm congested, have a headache, coughing and soaking wet with sweat. The next day, I feel as if I have bronchitis. I don't know how healthcare workers survive wearing this stuff for 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week!! Btw - I have a suppressed immune system and haven't caught this stupid virus yet. I just practice caution and good hygiene.

Thank you so much for your post; it was meant for me to read. The other day I took my son to the doctor, the nurse made me pull the mask above my nose and make it tight. Within about 20 minutes my head was filled with congestion and I got a headache. It took a day and a half to work its way out of my system. I was so worried and couldn't figure out what was happening.

Andy C

Back when I worked in nursing homes we were suppose to change those masks after 10 minutes when we wore them into isolation rooms. And no touching it once you're in!

It's so dirty the way it's being done. Mine's been in my pocket, my purse, possibly the floor of my car as I tossed it and missed the seat. It's horrible and I know better.

There's been a lot of strep throat in our area all summer. Numbers for that are normally higher during the school year. And we're distancing. It would seem the masks like to trap bacteria.
If Im inside wearing one for more than a few minutes, such as grocery shopping, I throw it away as soon as Im outside the store. I have a few boxes of the surgical masks.

JSTyler

If Im inside wearing one for more than a few minutes, such as grocery shopping, I throw it away as soon as Im outside the store. I have a few boxes of the surgical masks.
I have to clean a load of things every day at my part time job. We're using the bleach-water mix as our primary surfactant and sanitizer. I think the ratio is 1/3 cup bleach to a gallon of water. I should know the quantities better than my own thoughts by now but have taken to using static mixing vessels and don't really need to keep the numbers in my numbers-unfriendly brain.

Anyway, it's a great way for me to sanitize my homemade masks at the end of every day. Just a good saturating spray and a rinse and it's good to go for the next day. It's a solution mix that doesn't stain or ruin clothing. We wouldn't be able to afford to replace purchased masks with the frequency and duration that we are required to use them. I used to hate the smell of bleach, chlorine and particularly chloramines (I work with swimming pools too :puke ) but now I've come around to finding the pungent odor to be not so bad.

Momma D

If cloth masks don't filter anything, incoming or outgoing, how do they trap carbon dioxide?
Just curious...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

I'm on my 2nd one since this mess started. I guess I use mine for a few months each. Want to get my sister-in-law's family's money's worth out of them, since thats how I got them. I've got 40 or 50 of them. If this thing goes on for years, I figure I'm set mask-wise.