Marriage in heaven question

paul&katie

Seeing how things are going hear and now. I don’t know if my wife and I will even get to have children and if we do, will we get to see them grownup. My wife is less then happy that we will not be married post rapture/ heaven/ millennia. I tell her that though we will not be “married” in the physical sense there is no reason we can’t hang out together. Does any one have any insight or advice that would help?

Ruth

I think marriage on earth is to give us an idea of how the body of Christ will feel - all being one in the spirit. So, the heavenly relationship will surpass what we have known - even in the bonds of a loving marriage - and we won't miss anything like we know it on earth. We will wonder how we survived as we do not knowing the depths and kind of love we will know in heaven. We will know and be in the presence all the time of perfect love and perfect justice.
That is truly heaven.

Adopted Son

Well said Ruth. There are so many institutions on earth to give us the foundation for eternal relationships. We want to project the best we have into eternity, but quite frankly we cannot begin to appreciate how much greater love will abound, how less driven we will be, and how wonderful everything and everybody will be.

Back