Mark Wahlberg Celebrates Son and All Catholic Children ‘Taking Their Relationship with the Lord Into Adulthood’

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
“Good morning from Europe,” Wahlberg said. “Just got down on my hands and knees to express my gratitude on this beautiful day. Congratulations to my son Michael on making his confirmation. All the young people out there who were confirmed and taking their relationship with the lord into their adulthood, what a commitment you guys have made.”

In one of his latest films, for instance, Wahlberg follows the life of a celebrated Catholic priest. Father Stu is based on a true story about a man who went from being anything but a spiritual man to joining the priesthood and becoming an inspiration to thousands.

Upon the release of Father Stu, Wahlberg said that the film has a very particular message.

“This movie has a very clear message that we are not going to give up on people,” Mark Wahlberg said. “We are not going to turn our backs on people because of mistakes that they’ve made. We are going to tell people and encourage people that nobody is beyond redemption and that we support you, we love you, we accept you for who you are.”

“There’s nothing worse than when somebody realizes that people don’t care,” he added

The Patriots Day star said people are “so quick to turn their backs on people” and added that “negativity as a whole has just been amplified in a way that it’s really hard to remind people of the importance of loving and supporting people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...ir-relationship-with-the-lord-into-adulthood/

I watched the Father Stu movie last night. I thought I was going to be watching a comedy, but while there were some laughs it was definitely a drama based on a true story. I liked the movie and felt that it presented a very good message and might actually lead some people to think about God. The best scene for me was when he went into a prison with another seminarian and then spoke in terms that the cons could relate to, given that Stu had done time himself a time or two. Not everything about the movie was good message-wise... after Stu was in an accident while riding a motorcycle he has a vision of Mary while he's laying there in the road... but overall I thought it was good, and entertaining as well.