Mark Of The Beast - Not High Tech?

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
* Admin removed *
He contends that the mark will only be a visible id of who gives allegiance to the beast and will have nothing to do with chips or other technology.
Quoting...
"This is a very important point. Though modern technology will enable the antichrist and false prophet to bring about a cashless society and control all commerce on earth, we must differentiate between this technology and the mark of the beast, for the technology itself is not the mark."
Per other prophecy teachers insisting that the mark will be a chip under the skin, a barcode or other technology, states... "This is not the case. The mark itself will identify allegiance to the antichrist, but that is separate and distinct from the technology that enables him to enforce his economic system... Notice that the mark will be on people,not in them... It will be on the right hand or head and will be visible (perhaps like a tattoo), not hidden beneath the skin."
Thoughts?

Andy C

He contends that the mark will only be a visible id of who gives allegiance to the beast and will have nothing to do with chips or other technology.
Quoting...
"This is a very important point. Though modern technology will enable the antichrist and false prophet to bring about a cashless society and control all commerce on earth, we must differentiate between this technology and the mark of the beast, for the technology itself is not the mark."
Per other prophecy teachers insisting that the mark will be a chip under the skin, a barcode or other technology, states... "This is not the case. The mark itself will identify allegiance to the antichrist, but that is separate and distinct from the technology that enables him to enforce his economic system... Notice that the mark will be on people,not in them... It will be on the right hand or head and will be visible (perhaps like a tattoo), not hidden beneath the skin."
Thoughts?
I believe its is far more likely he is correct about the MOB. With all the loss of life from the rapture, wars, and judgements from God, we cant know what technoology will still be working for the average person, although governments may still have some limited capabilites.

I believe the words in the bible describe a simple mark/tattoo, which will be visible by all, and of course needed to do anything in whats left of a broken world.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
I believe its is far more likely he is correct about the MOB. With all the loss of life from the rapture, wars, and judgements from God, we cant know what technoology will still be working for the average person, although governments may still have some limited capabilites.

I believe the words in the bible describe a simple mark/tattoo, which will be visible by all, and of course needed to do anything in whats left of a broken world.
I'm leaning this way, also. He does think that a chip or other tech may be used in addition to the visible mark in order to allow an individual to engage in commerce.

I agree…I don’t think they will have any technology working by that time either! It will be third world all over! Utter destruction!

Maybe, quite literally, just an ink mark or tattoo on the hand/forehead.

JStar

Mark means mark, write a word or symbol on (an object), typically for identification. Revelation 13: Mark or name of the beast or a number of his name. I'd almost think that John would be able to describe some type of puncture to the skin if it was a chip. If the government wants to cut me off from all things such as buying or selling. Government can just lock my social security number and that automatically stops my credit period. When the world comes chaotic in that time, people will do anything to survive along with the hatred of the Gospel. the Bible states a choice will be made. I really don't speculate if it's this or that.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I think we will see that it is probably a mixture of all these things in one. The visible tattoo or whatever for immediate and instant recognition of those who have sided with Satan and then they will probably somehow tie all that in with technology to keep in a central location to help keep tabs on the masses. If some political leader today took America to tyranny overnight, he could literally with the banks help turn off access to people's money and service to ATMs, etc.

People really do not realize at times just how easy this would be even right now. There's just not one person running everything all over the world to make it happen. But it is possible now, it just is not the time. After the rapture and when Satan sees his time is really, really short, all bets are off.

Like many other end times things, all of this is speculation, we won't know for sure until we watch it unfold from the balcony seats in Heaven.

JMHO.

Jaybird

I read an article somewhere (not sure if it was this forum or another rapture related website) that Bill Gates had patented a chip for the delivery of vaccines that is installed under the skin and will turn the area around the skin where the chip is installed a certain color to show that the person is vaccinated. I'm sure a chip like this could be also be programmed to control electronic transactions. It may just be as simple as a tattoo. It's easy to over complicate things.

Xenosjeff

I'm guessing that it will be just a mark of some kind. Having experience with multiple types of technology involving scanning/sensing, I can't imagine universally available and compatible equipment being an option.
The only thing that may come close is bar code scanning. It's limitations would render it problematic on any surface as variable as skin. Tattooed bar codes would have almost instant resolution degradation and be subject to mutations. Think wrinkles. RFID would be an easy option but does not fit the literal description of a "mark". RFID also requires technology and a form of standardized platform in order to be implemented.
That is why the plain old mark may be just a plain old mark. Eternally deadly, still just a mark. Simple and effective.
Just guessing.

Jeff

Love His Appearing

I find it really interesting that only the KJV uses the small word IN. All other versions that I have found use the word ON. (emphasis mine)

Revelation 13:16
King James Version​

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark IN their right hand, or IN their foreheads:

New International Version​

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark ON their right hands or ON their foreheads,

English Standard Version​

16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave,[a] to be marked ON the right hand or the forehead,

Bedra1958

I find it really interesting that only the KJV uses the small word IN. All other versions that I have found use the word ON. (emphasis mine)

Revelation 13:16​

King James Version​

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark IN their right hand, or IN their foreheads:

New International Version​

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark ON their right hands or ON their foreheads,

English Standard Version​

16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave,[a] to be marked ON the right hand or the forehead,
You'll most likely need a Strong's Concordance to dig into the correct translation of the greek about that.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
* Admin removed *
Quoting...
Thoughts?

Devout muslims often have marks from their fingers pressing into their foreheads when they pray facing down. Not just smudges or dirt, but bruising and skin discoloration. There's a particular pattern to it, too.

Not saying this is MOB, but I thought it interesting in light of low tech comment.

Andy C

Its always interesting each time over the years that we all speculate on what the MOB will be. Im eternally thankful it wont matter to the church what the MOB will be. I have warned unsaved family members and others about once the church is gone, and after the tribulation starts, that eventually there will be a MOB, and NOT TO TAKE IT.

Last edited:

Bohdan

The Bible doesn't say exactly. I expect we will know without doubts it when it happens.
Meanwhile, don't be beguiled by this or that popular speculation.

The globalist elite most speculated are only one of the players in the current struggle to rule the world.
When the anti-Christ shows up "everyone" will love him. So not Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, etc.

kathymendel

We know that the current technology will continue to function long enough for the two witnesses to do their thing and then be killed.
The bible says their bodies will be seen by everyone around the world. So, maybe it lasts until mid-trib, when the antichrist stands in the temple and declares himself to be God. Once he does that, perhaps he will have something else set up and ready to go............ for, perhaps he will use
this same technology............. Don't really know, but needn't think about it that much. We'll be gone by then.

Back