Marijuana

InsuranceGuy

When Hospice came out yesterday, the lead nurse asked me if I smoked Marijuana. I told her no. She said I should and they highly recommend it for pain, anxiety and sleep. They will even tell you what types to buy. Apparently the different strains do different things.

I told her I wouldn't do it. She said many of their Christian patients use it with fantastic results.

Would you ever use it? I won't, but am still utterly shocked it is talked about so openly now. They said they would even get me the medical card if I wanted it. I'm fine without it.

dreamermind

I use it. No shame. Only once in awhile at home. It very much helps with my back pain and other female pains. It also is helpful with anxiety and sleep. I’ve known many cancer patients who use it as well. It’s a plant that grows out of the ground. As long as it’s not abused I see no problem with it. And it’s legal. I used to work at a grow plant in Washington state and learned a lot about the medicinal benefits.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
When I had a neck/back injury, I used CBD oil/lotion, and it helped a lot with taking away my pain so I could sleep. I've never smoked it, though. I've heard really good things about it helping people in pain. I think marijuana is demonized a lot, and as a natural plant, I think it can be used effectively and responsibly in certain instances. That being said, there are plenty of people who abuse it and I've heard strains are a lot more potent now than in the past.

Jonathan

When Hospice came out yesterday, the lead nurse asked me if I smoked Marijuana. I told her no. She said I should and they highly recommend it for pain, anxiety and sleep. They will even tell you what types to buy. Apparently the different strains do different things.

I told her I wouldn't do it. She said many of their Christian patients use it with fantastic results.

Would you ever use it? I won't, but am still utterly shocked it is talked about so openly now. They said they would even get me the medical card if I wanted it. I'm fine without it.
I "experimented" (I love that euphemism) with weed in college largely on account of the fact that a number of other guys in our dorm seemed to really enjoy it. I tried my best, but the only thing it gave me was EXTREME paranoia and panic attacks.

So for me, despite my best efforts at the time, I could never get really into it.

Two points:

1) I wasn't a Christian at the time. In retrospect, what I was looking for was something to make me happy. A chemical. I wasn't in pain. I wasn't trying to treat the symptoms of a physical disease. (I've always battled with depression, but that is another story).

2) If, someone has a legitimate health issue that is causing them great pain, and they can somehow alleviate it with MJ, then I sure as heck am not going to judge. That's between them and God.

Just my .02

Last edited:

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I "experimented" (I love that euphemism) with weed in college largely on account of the fact that a number of other guys in our dorm seemed to really enjoy it. I tried my best, but the only thing it gave me was EXTREME paranoia and panic attacks.

So for me, despite my best efforts at the time, I could never get really into it.

Two points:

1) I wasn't a Christian at the time. In retrospect, what I was looking for was something to make me happy. A chemical. I wasn't in pain. I wasn't trying to treat the symptoms of a physical disease. (I've always battled with depression, but that is another story).

2) If, someone has a legitimate health issue that is causing them great pain, and they can somehow alleviate it with MJ, then I sure as heck am not going to judge. That's between them and God.

Just my .02
I could have written this about myself. I smoked weed in my 20’s, and it triggered my anxiety so severely to the point of panic attacks, so I know I could never use it again for any reason.

But if it helps relieve someone else’s pain and distress, I think they should give it a try.

moosejive

The medical use of marijuana is pretty well documented in helping in specific areas. Treatment of pain, especially in cancers, is said to be quite helpful. It doesn’t have to be smoked and there is CBD oils that have minuscule amounts of THC, the active ingredient that people use to get “high”.

All of the early meds were plant derived. Aspirin, salicylic acid, was derived from the willow tree. Native American people used it in the form of a tea for pain and fever. Coca from coca plant produced cocaine, opium from the poppy and the modern lab produced meds are usually based on chemical formulas that mimic natural ones.

InsuranceGuy

Thank you all for the replies. I am actually scared to try it because I've always been told it is "bad". It wouldn't hurt to try i suppose, IF I could bring myself to trying it. It is funny that it makes me feel dirty, but taking all the options that are killing people left and right do not. Successful marketing from the opioid side.....

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
:hug

Marijuana has been shown to reduce use and abuse of both legal and illegal narcotics/synthetics. Therefore, Big Pharma has a vested interest in keeping marijuana illegal, minimizing/denying its good points/uses, and preventing its reputation from getting better. Follow the money . . . always follow the money :mad

Marijuana, in and of itself, is not evil. Like anything else God has provided, it's how and why it's used.

When I had radiation for cancer, the anti-nausea medication didn't work. The nausea wasn't "regular" nausea. It felt as if I was going to throw up out of all my pores. Unfortunately, the VA didn't prescribe marijuana because it's a Federal facility and has to follow Federal law, and I lived in a state that didn't allow medical marijuana.

Fortunately, each episode occurred predictably about an hour after treatment, only lasted abut 10 minutes, and if I immediately stopped whatever I was doing/froze and was absolutely still when it hit, it would go away on its own.

From a practical standpoint, you could get the card and a small amount of a recommended product, and not use it unless you have to in the future. It would be unfortunate if you ended up needing it and it took them a day or two just to get the card to you (weekends/holidays come to mind), and you felt too terrible to go to the dispensary. The hospice people can advise.

It's good you have hospice people that are knowledgeable about different strains and uses. Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked. It can be put in food, made into candy, etc. One side effet is it can stimulate the appetite. This can help immensely if you're having a hard time eating, especially if it helps with any nausea.

God bless you :pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:
I tried smoking weed once, and I think I did it wrong...

(how do you keep a dandelion lit??!! It kept going out on me!! I also tried smoking pot, but the handle wouldn't light!!!)

Seriously though: I personally don't approve of Marijuana, but what someone who walks with the Lord does with it is between them and God. All I will say is that anything that can lower your inhibitions is something to be suspicious of (alcohol, drugs, etc)

Last edited:

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
My experience of marijuana?

Well I had always been warned off drugs especially as my dad had schizophrenia and my uncle thought his drug use may have been a trigger ....but as a youth I went against everything I'd been told....in my immersion in the heavy metal scene ....

I once had "dope cake" at a party in my youth - I was already drunk and then later was paranoid because I thought I would choke on the food I had eaten...It was absolutely horrible! I remember lying there terrified that I would choke...and kept swallowing because I was convinced I had food stuck in the back of my throat!

....To this day I don't know if that cake contained other drugs (I had a horrible walk back to my exs house where the street lights were moving from side to side) but am grateful to the Lord that he saved me!

In fact - I wonder if the Lord shows us all the stuff he saved us from, the undercover stuff as it were from our time here?

Now in my own walk with the Lord it's like anything that may remove sobriety is a no no ....after years of heavy drinking even a glass of wine is off my personal menu...

As for pain relief all I know is we love you Dan and pray for you and soon all this will be mortality swallowed up with life. ......:hug:hug:hug:pray:pray:pray:pray

2 Corinthians 5:4

Last edited:

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
My sister took a type of Marijuana in a pill form to stimulate her appetite. It worked fair but sissy was too sick.

I do not want to smoke it. But I would absolutely use it in other forms for pain relief. Used as medicine, I can't see it being sinful. Isn't there a verse about saving the strong drink for the sick people?? I will look it up.

dreamermind

Thank you all for the replies. I am actually scared to try it because I've always been told it is "bad". It wouldn't hurt to try i suppose, IF I could bring myself to trying it. It is funny that it makes me feel dirty, but taking all the options that are killing people left and right do not. Successful marketing from the opioid side.....
I think the hospice nurses would have a lot of experience in knowing which type will help you. Probably an indica with high CBD low THC. If you decide to try it, start slow and give it a few hours. There’s nothing in it that will hurt you. :pray

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If I were you, InsuranceGuy, and I thought it might help make me more comfortable, I wouldn't hesitate. If it didn't work, I'd throw it away. If it helped, I'd become very knowledgeable on the topic and figure out on my own what strain worked the best for me.

So, InsuranceGuy, if you change your avatar a week from now to show your bong and new dreadlocks, it'll be okay... Do what you can to be comfortable.

Last edited:

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
When I had a neck/back injury, I used CBD oil/lotion, and it helped a lot with taking away my pain so I could sleep. I've never smoked it, though. I've heard really good things about it helping people in pain. I think marijuana is demonized a lot, and as a natural plant, I think it can be used effectively and responsibly in certain instances. That being said, there are plenty of people who abuse it and I've heard strains are a lot more potent now than in the past.
Same here. Without the cream I would be on meds that would take hospitalization to come off of. They would give me the kind that should only be given to those who have had surgery and then only for a couple of days. They keep offering but I don’t want that. It doesn’t make you high (the cream) but it does stop the pain. I am thankful for an option that doesn’t require such drastic measures to quit when/if the degeneration ever stops.