Map of Religions in USA

micah719

an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40
An interesting though slightly outdated map I stumbled across in my cyber-travels. According to this map, Mexico and Canada appear to be "other". Well, we all knew that already, though from what I've heard, Mexico vaccilates between worshiping Mary, Cocaine, Marajiuana and Modern Firearms, depending on what's being waved in front of them at any given time.

The Canadians I'm not so sure about...though based on my fragmentary knowledge of the history of that race of noble savages, likely a mix of French Catholicism, Anglicanism, a dash of Methodism, a pinch of Pentecostalism, a few outposts of Reformed, an enclave or two of Lutheranism, all in a festering morass of creeping Secular Darwinistic Marxist Psycho-Humanism with metastasising Charismaticism and a smidgin of latent animism. Being the only large member of the Commonwealth devoid of any Cricket-playing skills worth mentioning, they are at least significantly more modest than the Americans (poorer too, but Ohbammie is working hard to fix that...the US will probably be as wealthy as Guatemala this time next year), friendlier and more personable and well educated; and unlike the Mexicans relatively drug-free, though that thing they have about sweet tree sap and the frequency of claimed Sasquatch sightings make me suspect some of the whacky herbage from the south of south has been partaken of. Perhaps some leftover draft-dodgers from Vietnam days...

Anyway, an interesting map. Wonder if there is something similar for Europe...

Any Minute

Cool map, I see I live in one of the red states.

What does the yellow label - Christian mean? Baptists aren't Christians anymore? lol

I was shocked by the amount of catholic counties though.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Good map. My county shows Catholic but there is at least 40 baptist churches in it and scores of other denoms and independents. So I would say this is a majority of the population map, not majority of church types.

God Bless

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Cool map, I see I live in one of the red states.

What does the yellow label - Christian mean? Baptists aren't Christians anymore? lol

I was shocked by the amount of catholic counties though.
LOL!! Yellow is Independent Christian Churches, Christian Church Disciples of Christ, etc. I am guessing but the yellow Counties in IL have the Christian College and Seminary.

anath

I Love the Lord
Northern Louisiana is Red and the bottom half is of course Catholic. :((

Micah, where ya been? Been missing you!!!