Man marrys hologram

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, & Natural Disasters' started by endofdays, Dec 31, 2018.

1. usoutpost31

usoutpost31 Well-Known Member

Some people would rather retreat into fantasyland than deal with reality. It certainly feels safer. No threat of rejection or being hurt. No chance of experiencing real love or fulfilment, either.

This guy has committed. But not forever. One terrible morning he's going to wake up and feel as empty and as lonely as he did before he started this thing. Realize his whole life is wrapped up in a illusion. Nothing in their relationship is real. And he can't ever go back and choose another path.

Dave, billy swinea, Círeth and 5 others like this.
  2. Ohioan

Ohioan Well-Known Member

3. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

Wow, I think we have a glimpse of the future that I'd never considered before...when you think about it evil forces want so much to do away with having children and families..so, they get people confused over gender, promote abortion, and become hedonistic in their beliefs...one other thing I've noticed watching my grandson grow up is that the young people have been very drawn into the super hero and super human ideas that are promoted in these new movies...I couldn't believe how easily he accepted the stories and the super powers..those characters sometimes just instantly morph into a creature that can over power anything...so, the reason I bring this up is that finally it makes sense to me on a level that I never thought of before...from what I understand about the end times, Tribulation especially, Satan is going to use powerful .,deceitful, even magical kinds of things to control and finish off the human race..so kids and young people are maybe being prepared to live in a Marvel kind of comic book world.,and just imagine how frightening that would be...I pray for these young people who are being so deceived, that God's Word will affect many of their hearts and turn them to salvation..

Dave, billy swinea, Círeth and 6 others like this.
  4. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

The next step will be legal marriage to inflatable dolls/robots. Sadly I came across an article that was about how life like these dolls now are, and their ability to communicate. Soon, normal marriage will be outdated.

5. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Didn't someone in France marry a bridge last year?

6. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they had a real tough time 'consummating' the relationship!:pound

7. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

:lol

8. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

They are already divorced, because the man went a Bridge to far.

9. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Hopefully it was a covered bridge!:lolsign

10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

After reading about the holographic marriage I think the bridge is a better choice!

11. SonSeeker

:pound

12. pixelpusher

pixelpusher Well-Known Member

How prescient... but I don't think I heard Heaven called "the funny farm" before... : )

Vowel movement... Jan... I'm dyin' ovah heah!

13. Círeth

Círeth Well-Known Member

I believe he despises natural human reproduction period. As far as I can tell he views humanity as the favourite sibling and hates us all. He wants to destroy the entire human race and will use any means to do so.

14. billy swinea

billy swinea Well-Known Member

Hope it keeps him. worm at night. Please come LORD JESUS!!

Círeth and cchomeschoolmom like this.
  15. madcat

madcat Well-Known Member

16. SonSeeker

Great idea, madcat! Let us know how that works out for you! Assuming they give you mail privileges, that is.:nod

Círeth, cchomeschoolmom and chaser like this.
  17. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. That hologram is not going to take care of him when he is sick or drive him to the hospital when he needs it. Its not going to be there when he needs someone to talk too. It's just going to look cute and dance around and one day he is going to get sick of it.