Making Plans....

Love His Appearing

I need to move to low altitude for health reasons. But the idea of picking up and moving seems too overwhelming to really do. If I thought we were gonna be here for another 20-30 years, it would be worth it. (We live at 6500ft which isn't even that high. When I am above about 3500, my pulse ox drops into the low 80s and I have to wear supplemental oxygen and also have a headache ALL the time. When I get to low altitude, I have the energy to have 2 hour dance parties with my grand kids!) But I can't get my head around being here much longer than Christmas. Yes, I know...Occupy till He returns. I've put off making some really hard decisions in the past thinking that Jesus is coming for us at any time yet here we still are.

I don't regret the wait btw. Not looking ahead has kept me focused on the here and now. Kept me from borrowing trouble ahead of time for today has enough worries of its own.

Anybody else having trouble looking ahead?

And should I stay or should I go? We've considered just renting a small place until we know where we want to be, but I gotta get to low altitude pronto.

Eric Nicholas

Pick up and go. Your head is killing you and your oxygen gets low. If you can get that fixed, which it sounds like you can, do it and enjoy the feeling of renewed health. Even if we are here but five minutes after you complete the move, that's five more minutes that you may feel better. Ha!

I too am considering a move to Panama City, Florida. My dilemma is fam, so it isn't a necessity. Just a thought.

As far as having trouble looking ahead, I'm taking it one day at a time. Getting cranked up over the years has turned my heart into studded leather. No good. Your Lord has you.

ShilohRose

I need to move to low altitude for health reasons. But the idea of picking up and moving seems too overwhelming to really do. If I thought we were gonna be here for another 20-30 years, it would be worth it. (We live at 6500ft which isn't even that high. When I am above about 3500, my pulse ox drops into the low 80s and I have to wear supplemental oxygen and also have a headache ALL the time. When I get to low altitude, I have the energy to have 2 hour dance parties with my grand kids!) But I can't get my head around being here much longer than Christmas. Yes, I know...Occupy till He returns. I've put off making some really hard decisions in the past thinking that Jesus is coming for us at any time yet here we still are.

I don't regret the wait btw. Not looking ahead has kept me focused on the here and now. Kept me from borrowing trouble ahead of time for today has enough worries of its own.

And should I stay or should I go? We've considered just renting a small place until we know where we want to be, but I gotta get to low altitude pronto.
Yes, I'm having a terrible time looking beyond Christmas, although I have managed to plan a trip in the spring with my best friend.

You have health reasons to be looking ahead. There are beautiful places below 6500 feet. lol My house is at approximately 87 feet above sea level, and that's high around here. :D Where are y'all looking at moving to? Have you got any family in lower places? (The Garth Brooks song, "I've Got Friends in Low Places" keeps playing in my mind now.) :ahaha

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
Pick up and go. Your head is killing you and your oxygen gets low. If you can get that fixed, which it sounds like you can, do it and enjoy the feeling of renewed health. Even if we are here but five minutes after you complete the move, that's five more minutes that you may feel better. Ha!

I too am considering a move to Panama City, Florida. My dilemma is fam, so it isn't a necessity. Just a thought.

As far as having trouble looking ahead, I'm taking it one day at a time. Getting cranked up over the years has turned my heart into studded leather. No good. Your Lord has you.
Panama City, Florida beaches, water, fishing, and scuba diving are a blast. The water is amazingly clear. The beach sand is soft and white.

However it is ground zero for about one out of four Hurricanes that churn through the Gulf. That can cause a separate anxiety.

I’m a long drive away but not far by air. So we tend to be in the flight path of the Hurricanes that come through that part of the panhandle.

My friend’s parents live there and their house has been hammered hard a couple of times in the last eight years. They’ve suffered both flooding and wind damage.

Some just factor that into living on the coast. I think it was two years ago when the quaint beautiful little town of Mexico Beach about a hour East of Panama City was basically wiped out.

Eric Nicholas

Panama City, Florida beaches, water, fishing, and scuba diving are a blast. The water is amazingly clear. The beach sand is soft and white.

However it is ground zero for about one out of four Hurricanes that churn through the Gulf. That can cause a separate anxiety.

I’m a long drive away but not far by air. So we tend to be in the flight path of the Hurricanes that come through that part of the panhandle.

My friend’s parents live there and their house has been hammered hard a couple of times in the last eight years. They’ve suffered both flooding and wind damage.

Some just factor that into living on the coast. I think it was two years ago when the quaint beautiful little town of Mexico Beach about a hour East of Panama City was basically wiped out.
Thanks for the thoughts, brother. I've lived down in Florida for a spell and that really is an unfortunate drawback. I love it down there. Ol' Virginia is freezing my bones off. Hahaha.

Ani Lo Calah

If I thought we were gonna be here for another 20-30 years, it would be worth it.
What makes you think we're not? Do you know something the rest of us don't? No one knows the day or hour. Could be today, could be 40 yrs. from today. Live your life as if it is your last day on earth either by death or the return of Christ. No one is guaranteed to live another second, let alone a day, week, month, year. Don't put off making good life/health decisions based on fear of the unknown. Pray to God for direction.

Andy C

I always keep my thoughts on above, but plan as if I will be here for a normal life span. I would move as soon as possible if I were in your place.
Its easy to get caught up in emotions, and feel as if we are going Home any minute. But the truth is, its all speculation on our part, and if you’re like me, I tend to try and force pieces together in the prophecy puzzle to fit the outcome I want NOW.

Kerbluey

Way back after the terrorist attacks in 2001 people were not anticipating being here after thanksgiving or Christmas or the next year. People were prepping. Putting decisions off and having this same conversation. Here we are 19 thanksgivings, christmases and a gajillion decisions later still here. As someone who doesn’t feel well a lot I say embrace the option to feel better in the here and now! As someone who just moved......you have my deepest sympathy!

Love His Appearing

Way back after the terrorist attacks in 2001 people were not anticipating being here after thanksgiving or Christmas or the next year. People were prepping. Putting decisions off and having this same conversation. Here we are 19 thanksgivings, christmases and a gajillion decisions later still here. As someone who doesn’t feel well a lot I say embrace the option to feel better in the here and now! As someone who just moved......you have my deepest sympathy!
WHOA...19 years ago. That seems crazy, eh? And yes....we've been in this house for a very long time. The idea of moving is completely overwhelming.

athenasius

Go, now. You have health concerns. God has given you marching orders. I know facing a move when feeling sick seems like more than you can bear, but you need to get out now even if it's into a rental.

Better to leave things behind, than to lose your life.

It's like a fire, just get out, assess the situation OUTSIDE the problem and figure it out from a SAFE LOCATION.

As for the Rapture, we don't know. We are to occupy till HE comes for us, and that means being a good steward of our lives.

Kerbluey

WHOA...19 years ago. That seems crazy, eh? And yes....we've been in this house for a very long time. The idea of moving is completely overwhelming.

I understand! Is a moving service an option? We packed our boxes but used Two Men and A truck for the rest. We also used ABF Transportation once, which is like Pods but better reviews. They drop off a container you load your stuff into then pick it up and store it till you’re ready. For me though it was all the packing and decision making that was so exhausting. We gave away A LOT of stuff this last time. I hope to never move again unless it’s straight up in the twinkling of an eye.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
And should I stay or should I go?

I'm considering a move in the future and one of the benefits to the family is we'll leave almost everything behind. I'm in the process of digitizing all the paperwork I've accumulated over the years, like tax records and medical care documents. My wife is a packrat and I've told her she can take whatever she can fit in her car. I'd plan to purchase a trailer and move my wife and whichever kids are still living with us first but I'd limit family members as to how much space they could use in the trailer. Then I'd come back to Alaska, clean up and sell the home, and then move myself with whatever stuff remained after the first move that we couldn't part with. Getting rid of most of the junk now will make managing the estate after my death much easier. Hopefully though, I'll go in the Rapture as well as most and maybe all of my children.