Major Supermarket In UK Planning To Sell BUGS As Food To Help Poor People Through Winter

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The supermarket is also involved with a TV game show in which insect ‘farmers’ will pitch the bugs as the ‘next big thing’

A major supermarket chain in the UK is finalising plans to stock insects on its shelves and market them as a cheap food source for people struggling to afford to feed their families amid soaring inflation and the cost of living crisis.

The Daily Mail reports that Aldi is considering stocking ‘edible’ bugs and providing recipe kits for parents to prepare worms and crickets for their hungry children.

Potential products in the range include ‘sustainable’ cricket burgers, as well as ‘nuggets’ and ‘mince’.

https://summit.news/2022/10/20/majo...s-as-food-to-help-poor-people-through-winter/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...INSECTS-help-families-cost-living-crisis.html

:thumbdown :thumbdown on Aldi's :puke :puke

:pray :pray insects aren't how God is planning on providing for us :amen :amen

However . . . if they are, then I'll be thankful when the time comes (hopefully NOT, and recognizing there are worse things . . . like bats :apostasy :banning and rats :eek :eek: :eek2 and :mousedance :runaway :runforhills

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

Don’t empty that bucket - the contents may be recyclable, depending on how bad things get.

Bodily fluids in buckets make good top-of-the-door boobytraps (for AC henchmen) :tappingfoot
Unfortunately, a lot of LEO have gotten contaminated :mad and had to be hosed down by the fire department :eek :eek: :eek2 :apostasy :banning :puke

. . . and sometimes given all sorts of injections and BIGPharma to prevent death/deal with infections/illnesses :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

Enough GARLIC will hide the taste of pretty much anything.

I'm thinking at least 2 bulbs of GARLIC per ant, and at least 10 bulbs of GARLIC per each larger bug :tappingfoot

There are still some bugs that are a no-go due to texture, though, and no amount of GARLIC can disguise that. Worms, maggots :puke

pixelpusher

One time at Christmas when everyone was coming down, pre-Trump, pre-Covid, back when we all still talked to one another, I got some "HotLix" suckers: each one had a scorpion encased in the candy. I don't think any of us reached the middle. You can google it, but be sure to spell it just like I quoted, or may wind up somewhere you didn't intend. They sell other kinds of prepared buglets too, not sure how they are still in business.

Back